Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
OP Offline
H
Across the Miles<BR>Carmen <BR>Across the miles if only you could read my thoughts,<BR>I would feel your tear drops fall across my still face.<BR>My heart would find its beat and once again I would experience that joy<BR>of life that died inside me so many years ago. <BR>What has taken the space of your absence I'll simply tell you this:<BR>Memories of moments I'd only wish I could have frozen. <BR>Love so painful, yet so necessary to go on living. <BR>I have longed for you endlessly and the desire of wanting you <BR>has left me so empty walking a darken path that sheds no light, <BR>but instead it shows me the reflection of my darken soul. <BR>My pleas continue to go unanswered <BR>leaving me to battle with my inner spiritual-self to content. <BR>I know you are the one that was meant to compliment my soul <BR>and although people tell me to let go, <BR>my heart can't free itself from the rapture of your love. <BR>I must find the strength to break free of these shackles <BR>that imprisoned my heart for I too have the right to find someone special <BR>and give into love and make up for so much wasted time. <BR>

H
OP Offline
H
If I Ask You<BR>Hope <BR>If I ask you to say, will you tell me yes.<BR>If I ask you to make love to me, will you.<P>To hold me in your arms, and keep me there away from harm.<BR>So close together or hearts beats as one.<P>If I ask you to say, will you tell me yes.<BR>To say you do care for me, and never take it away.<P>Can you love me, for me and the way that I'm.<BR>I can love you for you and the way you will be.<P>If I ask you to say, will you kiss me the night away. <BR>And love me till this Fallen Day. <BR>

F
F
Some people never seem motivated to participate, but are content to watch others do....They are called <B>"Speck Tators"</B>....<P>Some people never do anything to help, but are gifted at finding fault with the way others do things....They are called <B>"Comment Tators"</B>....<P>Some are always looking to cause problems and really get under your skin....They are called <B>"Ajjie Tators"</B>....<P>There are those who are always saying they will, but somehow they never get around to doing....They are called <B>"Hezzie Tators"</B>....<P>Some people put on a front and act like someone else....They are called <B>"Imma Tators"</B>....<P>Then there are those who walk what they talk. They're always prepared to stop what they are doing to lend a hand to others, and bring real sunshine into the live of others....You can call them <B>"Sweet Tators"</B>....<P>What kind of "Tator" are YOU??????

F
F
"God heals the brokenhearted,<BR>and binds up their wounds.<BR>He determines the number of the stars;<BR>he gives to all of them their names.<BR>Great is our Lord, and abundant in power;<BR>his understanding is beyond measure."<P>Psalm 147:3-5

S
S
Wish You Enough:<P>Recently, I overheard a father and daughter in their last moments together. They had announced her departure and standing near the security gate, they hugged and he said, "I love you. I wish you enough."<P>She in turn said, "Daddy, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Daddy." They kissed and she left.<P>He walked over toward the window where I was seated. Standing there, I could see he wanted and needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on his privacy, but he welcomed me in by asking, "Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be forever?" "Yes, I have," I replied.<P>Saying that brought back memories I had of expressing my love and appreciation for all my Dad had done for me. Recognizing that his days were limited, I took the time to tell him face to face how much he meant to me. So I knew what this man was experiencing. <P>"Forgive me for asking, but why is this a forever good-bye?" I asked.<P>"I am old and she lives much too far away. I have challenges ahead and the reality is, the next trip back would be for my funeral," he said.<P>"When you were saying good-bye I heard you say, 'I wish you enough." May I ask what that means?" <P>He began to smile. "That's a wish that has been handed down from other generations. My parents used to say it to everyone." <P>He paused for a moment and looked up as if trying to remember it in detail, he smiled even more. "When we said 'I wish you enough,' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them," he continued. <P>Then, turning toward me, he shared the following, reciting it from memory.<P>"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.<P>I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.<P>I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.<P>I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.<P>I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.<P>I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.<P>I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye."<P>My friend, I wish you enough!<P>Author Unknown<BR>

J
J
Saga-man,<P> VERY NICE!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> I wish you enough. Very good.<P>jd

F
F
The credit belongs to the man,<BR>who is actually in the arena,<BR>who strives valiantly; .... who knows the great enthusiasms,<BR>the great devotions, .... and spends himself in a worthy cause,<BR>who at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement;<BR>and who, at the worst, if he fails..... at least fails while<BR>daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those<BR>cold and timid souls... who know neither victory nor defeat.<P>Theodore Roosevelt

S
S
Once upon a time a daughter complained to her father that her life was miserable and that she didn't know how she was going to make it. <P>She was tired of fighting and struggling all the time. It seemed just as one problem was solved, another one soon followed. <P>Her father, a chef, took her to the kitchen. He filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Once the three pots began to boil, he placed potatoes in one pot, eggs in the second<BR>pot, and ground coffee beans in the third pot. <P>He then let them sit and boil, without saying a word to his daughter. <P>The daughter, moaned and impatiently waited, wondering what he was doing. <P>After twenty minutes he turned off the burners. He took the potatoes out of the pot and placed them in a bowl. He pulled the eggs out and placed them a bowl. He then ladled the coffee out and<BR>placed it in a cup. <P>Turning to her he asked. "Daughter, what do you see?" <P>"Potatoes, eggs, and coffee," she hastily replied. <P>"Look closer", he said, "and touch the potatoes." She did and noted that they were soft. <P>He then asked her to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg. <P>Finally, he asked her to sip the coffee. Its rich aroma brought a smile to her face. <P>"Father, what does this mean?" she asked. <P>He then explained that the potatoes, the eggs and coffee beans had each faced the same adversity - the boiling water. However, each one reacted differently. <P>The potato went in strong, hard, and unrelenting, but in boiling water, it became soft and weak. <P>The egg was fragile, with the thin outer shell protecting its liquid interior until it was put in the boiling water. Then the inside of the egg became hard. <P>However, the ground coffee beans were unique. After they were exposed to the boiling water, they changed the water and created something new. <P>"Which are you," he asked his daughter. "When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a potato, an egg, or a coffee bean? " <P>In life, things happen around us, things happen to us, but the only thing that truly matters is what happens within us. <P>Which one are you?<P>Author Unknown.

V
V
The brave may not live long, but the cowardly never live.<P>F.antasized<BR>E.experience<BR>A.ppearing<BR>R.eal<BR>Cerri

S
S
No one can ruin your day without YOUR permission.<P>

N
N
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.<P>From my Dad, but I don't know where he got it from!!!

S
S
BUMP!!!!!

S
S
When things go wrong...don't go with them.<BR>

F
F
bump [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

S
S
He or she who laughs...lasts.<BR>

A
A
"It's a dog eat dog world....and I'm wearing milk-bone underwear..."<P>>Norm!! from CHEERS

F
F
A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still.<P><BR>Don't bother trying to teach a pig to sing. It frustrates you and irritates the pig. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

K
K
" A True Friendship"<BR>The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kind smile, nor the joy of companionship. <BR>It is the spirtual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else belives in him and is willing to trust him with his friendship.

F
F
"The difference between a successful person and others is <BR>not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather <BR>in a lack of will." -- Vincent T. Lombardi

J
J
Great minds discuss ideas,<BR>Average minds discuss events,<BR>Small minds discuss people.<P>(For all those small minds in our lives who enjoy/enjoyed gossiping about our WS's affair and added to a couple's pain)<BR> [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 242 guests, and 85 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation