Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#933350 07/28/01 12:35 AM
H
OP Offline
H
Hi Kam<P>You said that you would drop the "passion" in a heartbeat, Well perhaps that is where we differ. I'm not an evel woman but I'm a emotional being more then I am a rational being...My hart will always lead me more then my "brain" orr the logical part of my being. And yes I do not care WHO the person is that comes in my way and "moves" me - is he married....It does not take the feeling away - If he persudas me and tells me that we are one....I beleive in him - am I stupied - perhaps!!!! - but GOD DAM IT I'm only human!!!!!!!!<P>I have realised something not just by this board but by lofe - I willNEVER ger MARRIED - It just messes things up - Two people can love eachother and be perfectly happy without "society" or "God" being "precent! - If two people really love eachother - NOTHING will EVER stand in their way [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><BR>Best of luck to all you A/B/C/D/ Manupaulative Harley - Remember LOVE CAN NOT BE FORSED!!!!!!

#933351 07/28/01 12:40 AM
K
K
Ah, but you are so wrong. I am one of the most passionate, emotional people in the world. <P>But, not at the expense of caring for myself, or letting some guy use "love" to tear me apart, treat me like a plaything.<P>Letting "love" trample you is not being loving to yourself, or anyone else...it is clinging to something bcs there is so little of you inside to love. Why should MM (or anyone else) treat you with respect and true love, when you think so little of yourself?<BR>

#933352 07/28/01 12:51 AM
B
B
HumbleFish,<BR>You are right, love cannot be forced, love is a decision that we make. We get to choose whom and how deeply we will love. Unfortunately, you have chosen to sell yourself short. You are missing out and all because of fear. Fear paralyzes our potential to believe and hope for the best. It's so sad, your perspective on marriage. You aren't even married to the man, yet his infidelity has touched you in such a profound way so as to shape your whole philosophy on marriage. Yuck 3 times!

#933353 07/28/01 12:52 AM
H
H
Your MM's / W has nothing but time... your relationship with him will die... slowly painfully and intensely. In the process, HIS W, will suffer the most agonizing pain she has ever felt in her life, because you are enabling HER Husband to be with you. Can you live with that the rest of your life? Can one who loves so much, spit in the face of your MM's W. A person a REAL human being. A mother and wife who didn't deserve this from HIM or YOU?<P>He loves you so much... How can he? How can someone love you that much when they have NO compassion in their heart for what they are doing to others.. others as in HIS WIFE, HIS CHILDREN, HIS FAMILY, HER FAMILY. <P>Go ahead HumbleFish and be a part of the 600 Billion dollar industries that benefits from the activities YOU and the MM are partaking in. The inevitable divorce that will take place and the DESTRUCTION the two of you leave in its wake. Your MM hasn't commited to you because he hasn't given himself to you completely. He still cares for HIS wife, otherwise.. he'd have NEVER gone back to her over and over again... He has a history with her that YOU and HIM will never have. A union that started out in true love, devotion HONOR, DECENCY and respect. You are 'in love' with a confused man. Nothing here but DIShonor. I laugh at you for thinking that this is true love.. I pity you. Grow up. Get your head out of your BUTT.<P>Scroll to Page 2 from the main page and read EVERYTHING I posted last night for EVERYONE. Heck.. I'll bump it up for you.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Husband2You<BR>*****<BR>Don't make me promises <BR>Baby you never did know how to keep them well <BR>I've had the rest of you <BR>Now I want the best of you <BR>It's time for show and tell<P>'All or Nothing' © 2001 O-Town

#933354 07/28/01 12:55 AM
A
A
to humblefish,<BR> I really have nothing of great importance to say to you. I do have to say, that your using the LORDS name in VAIN, in a site such as this is unbelievably offencive to me. My walk with Christ is as important to me and my life with my spouse. If you need to post and make your feelings known, so be it, but please refrain from using the LORDS name in vain again.<BR>

#933355 07/27/01 01:11 PM
K
K
I stopped back in because I keep thinking of your assertion that you are not an evil person. I do not want you to think that is what I meant, ever. I do not think you are evil (tho I do think what you are doing is wrong). I do not hate you or wish you ill. <P>Problem is, you remind me a lot of my father-in-laws mistress, who hung on for approx 15 years...convinced that this was "true love"...she was very romantic and deeply involved. Meanwhile, my FIL had a wife he cared deeply for and who cared deeply for him, and a woman he could call up at any moment and be back in the midst of "so in-love". <P>In doing all this, he cheated himself and his marriage of a chance to have a deeper, truer love. But, he also cheated OW of a chance to find someone who would love her truly and freely, someone who loved her in the way we all want to be loved...someone who will put our interests at the top of the list. After 15 years, she did finally convince him to marry her. I got to know here then, and liked her. But, in the end he regretted marrying her, as it destroyed the romantic fog that had surrounded their reationship, and it turned out there was no "deep, true love" to back it up. He left her after 3 years, and she killed herself, leaving a note that she could not bear the waste of her whole life. <P>I've always felt (regardless that she was a willing party) that he wronged her terribly, just as he wronged his wife. <P>Don't let this guy string you on forever. If he really loved you, he would be with you. Real love sacrifices and takes care of the other...it does not suck the life from them and tear them apart.<P>Kathi<BR>

#933356 07/27/01 01:13 PM
M
M
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HumbleFish:<BR><B><P><BR>I have realised something not just by this board but by lofe - I willNEVER ger MARRIED - It just messes things up - <P><BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I just have to respond here. Just MHO.....but marriage doesn't mess things up. It's the 2 people that are in the marriage that mess things up. <BR>Marriage is a commitment to be with the person you love.<BR>If there is no marriage....there is no commitment.<P>Can you tell me what this man does for you that shows you that he wants to be with you.....and you only? Can you tell me what kind of commitment he's made to you? <P>I can tell you this......in my case....if I was my H's OW I would be pissed. He does nothing but deny being with her....why would I want to be with someone that felt they had to keep me a dirty little secret? I wouldn't....I sure as heck wouldn't live the rest of my life living in a closet. By being the OW....that is exactly what you are doing. Tell me.....when do you think the closet door will open and you will be able to come out?<BR>Not anytime soon I imagine.<P>

#933357 07/27/01 01:29 PM
C
C
Don't take this as an insult, but hve you been drinkng again? You seem very upst and not ablt to cope well at the moment. Regardl;ss of the situatin, I a sorry you are in pain.<P>Take care of YOU first. <P>

#933358 07/27/01 01:38 PM
F
F
I have the same question as Caitie, but didn't have the guts to ask... HF? Do you care to answer?

#933359 07/27/01 01:52 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Callie/Faith....<P>So should I be honest or not?????<P>The answer to you Q is - YES! - So shoot me!!!! - My feelings are not different you know just overexagurated!

#933360 07/27/01 01:57 PM
F
F
We don't want to shoot anyone here. We just wanted an explanation as to why your emotions seem very out of control today. Please take care of yourself. k?<p>[This message has been edited by Faith1 (edited July 27, 2001).]

#933361 07/27/01 09:01 PM
S
S
Dorkfish:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I willNEVER ger MARRIED - It just messes things up <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You, of course are the expert.<P>Godspeed,<BR>STL

#933362 07/27/01 09:03 PM
T
T
OHHHHH NO...PLEASE, PLEASE DO GET MARRIED!<P>Then, in your true *love* state, you can only screw up one relationship, and leave everyone else alone!!<P>Have a great weekend. I sure hope MM and his wife have something nice planned, since you like her so much, I am sure you wont mind, eh?

#933363 07/27/01 09:56 PM
C
C
Humblefish I just had to respond to some of your off the wall comments. Why would you ever want to get married when it seems that you are quite content with being the OW. You know the sneaking around, the lies, betrayal. Do yourself and the MM's wife a favor dump him unless you want to wait on the sidelines forever. Love yourself first and then maybe you will true love.<BR>Cybil

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation