Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#933604 07/27/01 08:04 PM
C
cl Offline OP
OP Offline
C
HI ALl,<BR>TGIF!!!!!<BR>As some of you know, I have recetnly moved back out west. I have a great new job, and close to kids and family. It feels great! I have been very happy abt this move.<BR>Until today......I came home from work tonight and h was excited. He had bought us a house that we looked at a few weeks ago. Sounds good huh!? EXCEPT, the dang house is on a street with the same name as one of the OWs. <BR>We looked at a lot of houses, and only a few fit our needs. This one is an ok house, but be had quite a different idea on price than the owners. I figured it would never happen, so chose not to risk an LB by bringing up the piddly fact that the last name of one of the most vile OWs is the same as the street name. <BR>H is dense.........<BR>How does one go about getting a street name changed?<BR>I cannnot mention it now-it would be a major LB at this point. H is so proud that he made such a shrewed deal. <BR>Oh dear. Advice?????

#933605 07/27/01 08:12 PM
T
T
Turn it around in your mind....You and H now *own* her!! you are together, where you want to be, with a good job, close to family...and everytime you drive by the sign (alone), smile and flip her off knowing you *own* a piece of her forever!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>*Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.*<P>Trueheart

#933606 07/27/01 08:20 PM
B
B
CL, Geez they never do wake up sometimes ! But you know I bet he never made the connection between the street and ow names. <P>Sometimes men are goofy like that. Mike for example, made arrangments to go to his new friends house this weekend. PROBLEM, this weekend (Sunday) is my 43rd birthday ! Aaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh ! And he doesn't understand why it upset me. Pardon me I must go make a damnit doll and beat the stuffing out of it now.

#933607 07/27/01 08:27 PM
C
cl Offline OP
OP Offline
C
TH, can I shoot holes in the sign? Maybe I need to let off some of the steam? Just kidding, really. <BR>Perfect idea. I need to take more control of this situation, get on top of it. <BR>I guess I just was in such a state of shock! Somehow managed to be all bright-eyed and happy for the 1/2hr i saw h. He is now gone for the eve, so I can make some plan on dealing with this issue. Thanks TH. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Deb, our men seem to have lost their brains somewhere? Gads, they do so good, then seem to fall right into the mud, face down? You are going with him, right?<BR>Happy birthday young girl! Any chance they have you on the picylated treatment I have been hearing abt? Keep in touch, cl

#933608 07/27/01 08:36 PM
B
B
CL,<P>I doubt I will go with him. I wasn't invited and I'll be darned if I force my way in, not my style. I'm not too worried despite how the last A happened, this guys w just had a 9 lb baby yesterday so I don't think there will be any "Good clean kinky" stuff happening (Sorry, that line still gets me !<P>No I am not on the pegalated interferon. If the round of combo I am on doesn't last (am in remission now, treatment should end after this month) after treatment ends then that may be next.<P>Thanks for the bday wish

#933609 07/27/01 08:39 PM
B
B
ps, maybe get a big dog and teach it to pee on the sign pole ? (Wicked evil grin)

#933610 07/27/01 08:39 PM
T
T
I'd see it as a great opportunity to feel like you're walking all over her.. in more of a literal sense than most of us would get.<P>I would imagine, that in time, the street name will be just that. Only a street name.<P>Karen<BR>

#933611 07/27/01 08:39 PM
W
W
cl<BR>I just e-mailed you with my first thoughts on this. We'll work on it. I know that you will turn this to your advantage. <BR>For now have a drink on me. And one for Deb....an early B-day drink!<BR>Happy B-day Deb! It's Friday night, I'm alone and I'm giving a toast to old friends. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#933612 07/27/01 08:52 PM
C
cl Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Well folks, i think this should be turned into a birthday party thread! <BR>Yep, we will take that silly little street sign and overcome all!!! <BR>Cheers wassi, deb, th,and topie. <BR>Deb, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<BR>

#933613 07/27/01 08:54 PM
B
B
Thank you Wassi. Yeah I am home alone too, Mike is working, son is out with friends (we won't even discuss his half blonde half blue hair or the tongue ring and the piercing under his bottom lip, or him going to Dallas on the forth and spending a couple of days in a motel with a girl. )<P>I think I'll take a nap !

#933614 07/27/01 09:59 PM
W
W
Cheers Ladies!!!!<BR>It took me a while to get back ....chores ya know.<BR>Then I had a drink to toast each of you. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>cl<BR>I agree with Topie..walk all over her!<BR>Enjoy it.<P>Deb<BR>I'm sorry you're alone. My H and son are working in bimboland. They've been there for 12 days. Sure hope H has a brain or two and the bimbo doesn't come to visit with son there. <BR>BTW when I said "old friends" I didn't mean "old"!!!<BR>43 is just a puppy you know!!!!

#933615 07/27/01 11:03 PM
C
cl Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Cheers ladies, <BR>you have all talked me into making this a positive experience (though he is still dense!)<BR>I am so glad you all were here to listen to me whine again. Thanks. <BR>

#933616 07/28/01 10:37 AM
C
cl Offline OP
OP Offline
C
whew.....headache this morning!<BR>

#933617 07/28/01 11:55 AM
B
B
Aha ! Cl is hung over ! I knew there was a good reason for me going to bed early. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Cl, I talked to Mike about this this morning and he said that your h probably didn't make the connection between the street name and ow. Men are just like that sometimes.<BR>Of course we women do tend to think about those things. (Or maybe it is a WS BS thing) <P>So anyway I am off to watch trading spaces on TLC and then later to buy me some hair for my birthday (I'm tired of feeling like a half bald freak when I go out in public) Y'all behave ! <P>

#933618 07/28/01 01:46 PM
W
W
cl has a hangover??????<BR>Shame on you girl. I had a toast for each of you then stopped. Just enough to be a little obnoxious when H phoned home from bimboland. Oh well .....we are all a bit human I guess.<P>Deb we you are a party pooper! <BR>You better buy more for your birthday than just hair. I want to hear that you treated yourself.<P>cl...Mike and Deb are right. Your H didn't even think of it. That is probably a good thing. The OW doesn't even cross his mind.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 83 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation