Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
gdc Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I'm interested in what are some of the normal responses that BS's get from WS's. I would like to hear from either WS's or BS's whose marriage have or haven't worked out.<P>I ask my wife if there is any hope to save the marriage and she says "doubtful". Is this a no or a yes? She also leaves the door open by saying things like, "I don't know if counseling will help right now" or "If I came back things would not be all hunky doory" <P>Should I take these statements as positive or negative?

A
A
Take them for what they are: words. I got the same type of answers. You have to look at her actions as opposed to her words. he actions she takes will tell you what the words really mean.

B
B
Yeah, they are just words. In the beginning most WS's say a lot of things they don't mean........that's because they don't know what they mean. My WS said "you'll never be able to fogive me". That was just his way of placing blame on me. If we split up, he wanted to believe it was because I couldn't forgive him, not because it was his A.<P>We made it through this horrific experience. Although I must say my H's A was only EA. Doesn't make it hurt any less, though. <P>I wouldn't put a lot of stock into anything your WS says right now. The story will keep changing for a while to come........<P>Good luck,<BR>B<BR>

H
H
gdc,<P>I get the "I don't know" response most frequently if I ask about my W if she thinks we can reconcile or if she knows what happened. She says she is scared and confused and wishes she had an answer for what she was looking for and for the questions that I have.<P>However, as the others have said, actions speak louder than words sometimes (although the words can really hurt). My W is still counseling with me and she told me last night that she does care for me [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] and that she wants to have a happy marriage [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] She still can't honestly say that she loves me yet [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] but she tells me that she is trying to satisfy my most important needs to the best of her ability right now. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] That does not include SF, Affection, or Rec. Comp. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Let's see that's 3 [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] and 2 [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I guess this is a good day.<BR>SG

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation