Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#944518 09/05/01 04:21 PM
B
buffy Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi Anyone:<P>I was going to bed last night (around 1:00 a.m.) and I happened to turn on my bedroom TV and catch Oprah with a show about...well, I'm not sure what it was about...I'd didn't get to see much of it because the station kept blanking ouf (rain, I guess)....but the part I saw had a wife who had been left by her husband and Dr. Phil McGraw was asking her to say out loud how she felt about the pain of his having left her....I wanted so much to see the rest of that...and I got the impresssion from what he was saying that he is not in favor of trying to get back with an wandering spouse.<P>Did anyone else see this show...it could even have been a rerun...I don't know....the only time I watch Oprah is when Dr. McGraw is going to be on...and I usually miss it then, too.<P>I'd be interested to know his take on this...I've read his book "Relationship Rescue" but it basically is for before the affair happens, but I have a lot to respect for his opinions.<P>Anyone see this?????<P>Faye

K
K
It was a repeat about letting go. Most of the participants were single who were having trouble letting go of their feeling for someone who dumped them.<P>The woman whose H left her if I remember correctly divorced her something like 2 years ago and has since remarried. Dr Phil was trying to help her let go of the hurt and anger so she could move on.

G
gdc Offline
G
Yea, I saw it and you're right, Dr. Phil does give the impression that the BS is to not 'chase' the WS. I think he also says that we BS's should not wallow in self pity and make ourselves the best we can. Once we get through the different stages of grief and get our mind around the fact that it might not work out then we are ready to move forward. This is similiar to Plan A in alot of ways. He just has a very strong attitude towards the WS. They had a choice, they made it and now your paying for it. It's hard but he said, we do deserve better and we will have better.<P>My 2 cents.<BR>GC

B
buffy Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Great, that little part was about all I saw...about the WS and their choice...and it was very negative...kinda shook me up for a minute...then of course it was blank again and the next thing I saw was about some woman who's Boyfriend just wasn't there when she got home...and how she has moved on.<P>Made me want to kick that TV...... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ...of course it wasn't even the TV.<P>Faye

A
A
One thing I remember about that particular show was what he said to that woman, which was something like "we can't get past the hurt, until we know we've be HEARD". I like that.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation