Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
I really need some support today. I'm desperate for it. <P>My mom, who has been my biggest supporter in all of this from the beginning is going into the hospital tomorrow because the doctors have found some things to be worried about. She's had cancer before and hasn't been in the best of health since then. My dad died 4.5 years ago and I don't want to be an orphan.<P>You tack that on top of my wife leaving, losing my job and the ecomony going bad and I just am not doing very well today. I can hold out with my house and the bills until the end of the year, but if something doesn't happen soon I'll lose it.<P>I want more than anything to call my wife and talk to her, but she's not in a place right now to be supportive. My family is all hundreds of miles away and they are dealing with this stuff with my mom too, so my problems don't seem so extrordinary.<P>I know the "God only gives us what we can handle" routine, but how much more do I need?<P>I just need some kind words today.<P>Thanks for reading!<P>SBT <P>p.s. I'm very happy for you Faith!<BR>

M
M
So sorry to hear of your situation. I will be praying for your mother. I too lost my father to cancer. My mother is also very frail...it will be sad to lose them both. <P>You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you miserynmissouri!<BR>

I'm sorry to hear your so down. You have to be here for your Mom, your being here to hold her hand and speak softly to her means alot. I'm sure she's been there for you many times in your life. You can help quiet her fears.<BR>As for your situation, at least you've only lost what can be replaced, remember there are thousands that have lost loved ones and that can't be replaced.<BR>Love yourself and your family and the rest will come out in the wash, so to say.<BR>((((((hugs)))))))<BR>Hang in there!<P>

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you 2fer!

F
F
sad--<P>Sometimes we think we can't go on anymore.....just remember that is when the Lord CARRIES us---Give it all up to HIM! You cannot fight this battle alone, and you are NOT alone! Prayers are being said----take a deep breath and rest.....Only then will you find the strength to help your Mom, and then you can find the strength to carry on!<P>Hugs to you!<P>Krystal

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[sad_but_true]]]]]]]]]]]]]]],<P>yeah...God only gives us what we can handle...but at them time it sure doesn't seem like it...<P>Just take it one step at a time...try to do something really nice for yourself...<P>Prayers,<BR>Cali<P>------------------<BR><I>Live Impeccably In Your Word.<BR>Don't Take Anything Personally.<BR>Make No Assumptions.<BR>Do Your Best Always. </I>

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you Krystal and Cali!<P>It's been a long day with all of this. I really appreciate your words!

F
F
sbt,<BR>you stood me up on my b'day, bro. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>just kidding... I've really been worried about ya. Glad you checked in. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I don't have much encouragement for you tonight. I'm drained.<P>But just know I'm thinking about you and praying. We are here for you to talk to...<P>((((((sbt))))))

B
B
HI s_b_t,<BR>Well, I've quoted this passage before and it REALLY helps me when I feel I'm at God's breaking point, but I made it, and you will make it, too. Listen:<P>"It was so bad we didn't think we were going to make it. We felt like we'd been sent to death row, that it was all over for us. As it turned out, it was the best thing that could have happened. Instead of trusting in our own strength or wits to get out of it, we were forced to trust God totally--not a bad idea since He's the God who raises the dead! And He did it, rescued us from certain doom. And He'll do it again, rescuing us as many times as we need rescuing."<P>s_b_t, the battle belongs to the Lord!

S
OP Offline
S
Yes I did Faith, and I'm sorry! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] But thank you for this!<P>Thank you BTDT!<P>I was able to get some sleep last night. It helped to receive all of your kind words. I just felt like I had been given far more than I could handle, and felt alone to deal with it. I know now that I am not alone.<P>Thanks again to all of you!<P>SBT

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation