Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jdmac1 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hello Everyone,<p> I am thinking of starting a Photo Website with pictures of anyone and everyone who are members of this site. <p> Anyone who might be interested in sending pictures and possibly helping with adding new memeber photos to the pages please feel free to reply to this thread. <p> Basically this would be a site for one picture of yourself and possibly one or two more with pictures(group) of your WS and kids, pets, etc.<p> I think it could be great fun to help us all know each other a little better.<p> What do you think MBers?<p> jd

M
M
I don't know too much about computers, so not sure if I could help, but I for one, would LOVE to put faces with the words of all who've helped me so much at this site!!<p>Count me in!!<p>MOM

R
R
Sounds cool to me. Butterfly did something like this a while back on an AOL site.<p>Jo

K
K
Sounds like a good idea to me...let us know where/when, etc...<p>K

J
jdmac1 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Well the logistics of it will have to be worked out first. Finding a good free site that gives enough space for all the pictures is the first hurdle. Finding the time actually is the first but if several people were involved that could be worked out easy enough.<p> Getting people to actually send in their photos might be a chore also [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] Course not everyone would have the tools to even take a digital photo or have a scanner to copy one. But heck yeah it would be a nice thing to put faces to some of you [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p> Come on EVERYONE, get involved and lets DO this...hehe.<p> jd

K
K
Hi JD,
How have you been?
I think this would be a great idea. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] Let me know if I can help you with something. Sherry [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

M
M
I'm game! I would send my picture in.<p>Dana

R
R
Great idea, it would be so much more meaningful to have some faces to look at.

H
H
Great idea!!<p>How about snapfish.com??? It's easy to download and there is tons of space. <p>Anyone with a digital camera or scanner can upload their picture. You would just have to send the password out so people can log in, or they can send you their photos and you can upload them...<p>For anyone else, they can have pictures developed and have the photo place put them on disk (very easy nowadays and only costs an extra couple of bucks). OR, they can snail mail them to someone who has a scanner... <p>In another month, I could do this, but right now, I don't have a usable scanner...<p>HbH

R
R
I've got a great scanner. You guys can send your hard copy pics to me. I'll do 'em. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Jo<p>[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: Resilient ]</p>

A
A
I've been wishing for this exact thing lately! I think it would be so great to make everyone more "real".

R
R
Do you guys take rain check for now ? <p>
Go to Wallgreen (WestCoast'er) and ask them to scan your pic. and put them in the disk ...

T
T
Good free site at<p>http://www.picturetrail.com/

S
S
Great idea. Let's do it.

A
A
Id be glad to help out with any web design or Html stuff you need
i dont know if id do my picture though OW hangs out here at mb also
good luck

J
jdmac1 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Everyone,<p> I apologize for not getting back here sooner. I am working the night shift this week, so only get online in the morning before I go to bed.<p> I will be checking out the sites mentioned as well as some others. If anyone else has the time and knowledge to take this project on and devote more time than I am capable of, please feel free to step up??? <p> I do remember Butterfly and her efforts. Seems like she may have used a site I was unable to access at that time. <p> I will try to have something definite figured out by weekend. <p> jd

J
jdmac1 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
LoveOnTheRox,<p> Listen everyone who is concerned about the OW, OM, whatever. Hey don't they already know what you look like? And even if they do not, haven't they taken enough from you already??? <p> Please don't allow them to take this from you too. Don't give them that power.<p> You do not need give ANY personal information. As I said most of these people already know what you look like.<p> But, anyone who fears that WS/OM/OW will figure out your member name and cause trouble, that is fine too. Maybe ya could send some encouraging writings or poems or whatever. Just be involved.<p> jd

M
M
I have a scanner and am alittle computer savy would be glad to help.

T
T
I would love to take part. However, I'm not at all knowledgeable on websites, so I can't help there (sigh!)... but I'll send in pics for sure!!!<p>Karen

W
W
It is a great idea! I love looking at pics that have been put together for a room.
Probably would be helpful if it were one of the sites that requires an invitation to join/view it though. Just in case a spouse might wander upon it and not be pleased.
I would love to do it too, but I have to say that my H would have a fit if I submitted a picture.
(This coming from the man that has 2 webcams, that he SWEARS is for business use)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 715 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation