Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#971245 01/20/02 01:25 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Aspect? What is the best thing that you brought to the marriage and why?<p>How can you use that aspect to re-gain your marriage, if you can?<p>Have thought of this for a few days and am not sure what mine is, so hoping to jog myself a little with others replies.<p>Dawn

#971246 01/20/02 12:52 PM
C
C
I think for my H it was my goodness ("good to the bone" he said) and my track record of being faithful for 17 years to my previous H.<p>I don't think these qualities will rebuild the M because I think it is these very qualities that he has used to give himself to permission to do as he pleases because he thinks I'll stand by him no matter what. I think it's why he takes me for granted and treats me the way he does.<p>Plan B is for people just like him, so we'll see what happens then.

#971247 01/20/02 03:24 PM
J
J
I will be interested in seeing the differences in what the guys write versus what the ladies write.<p> What qualities? See this is a hard question for the humble person to answer. I fear anything I say might me interpreted as pride or self back patting. Ok, I'll try.<p>1. Loyalty
2. Supportive of her desires
3. Family Man(If it wasn't done as a family it wasn't done)(perhaps this was really a fault)
4. Spoiled her so bad(if she wanted it, she got it)
5. Honest
6. Romantic(though less in the last few years)
7. Quality SF(Her fullfillment always meant the world to me.)<p> I think this would have been easier to answer if you would have asked for faults in ourselves. It's so much easier to be critical of oneself. <p> jd<p>[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: jdmac1 ]<p>[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: jdmac1 ]</p>

#971248 01/20/02 04:07 PM
W
W
Hi Dawn - I'm not sure how to reply to this because our good qualities are sorta like LBs - the spouse determines what is and what isn't. So I have no idea what my W would say. The onlt thing I recall her saying to others is that she admired my honesty. How appropriate. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>From my own perspective, I'll just say that I'm reliable and faithful and leave it at that. Oh yea, I also cut the grass. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>WAT

#971249 01/21/02 01:20 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Maybe it should be assest...not aspect!<p>I believe mine is loving, caring and strong....funny how those are the things that WH says he appreciates, but....<p>Staying the course is how I will use them to re-gain my marriage, there would still need to be alot of talking and counseling.<p>Dawn

#971250 01/21/02 08:53 PM
C
C
I found this one and I think it's great, some would say even inspirational. We DO need to focus on what's good with ourselves and what we can bring to others!<p>Ok, my list.....
1. I love him very much, no one could love him and forgive him his faults as much as I do! LOL
2. I am loyal, ( much the same as being worthy!)
3. I put our lives together with our family in the front burner (unlike OW, she couldn't understand that concept!)
4. I am ORGANIZED, as well as being the great organizer of his life, I keep his p's & q's
5. I am a great friend
6. I am an even better lover.
7. I am a great Mom to our children.
8. I am patient.
9. I am the most giving of people.
10. I am a great wife!<p>God Bless Us All!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation