Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
Dear Teresa,<p>My H and I also discussed a restraining order, legal action would be very easy for us to do since my brother is a lawyer.<p>My H wanted one but I disagreed. Restraining orders will often have the opposite desired effect on someone who is mentally unstable. It makes them angry and even more determined. It also lets them see that they are scaring you and putting you on your guard. The best thing to do is to ignore her. She will eventually find some other idiotic married man to fall under her spell and she will leave you alone. That`s what stalkers do. I have no doubt that she`s out there trolling right now as I am sitting here writing this.<p>I am sure we haven`t heard the last of our OW, I figure she too will darken our doorstep one day. The door will be slammed in her face. I have NOTHING to say to her.<p>[ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: Daisy37 ]</p>

O
O
Hi TeresaT,<p>Psyco OW? Oh yea, several of us BS' have had to deal with those. PBR (Mrs. Psyco Babble Rabbit)are the initials for the one I have had to deal with and she rightfully earned each of those names. <p>Bottom line is that those in this category are highly unstable. Best thing to do is stay far away and learn your rights within the law. Use them to protect you and don't assume for one moment that those types of OWs are stable or sane. You will be safer in the long run. <p>My H is now home but he was warned me that Mrs. PBR might show up on our doorstep one day. Funny she used to tell my H that she was afraid I would show up on her door step. I told H that I put an end to that!!! I did show up on her door step, in my case, I left his dirty laundry bag and oh well that's another story....... still the PBR calls every so often. In the strangest spurts. <p>As a result, I have requested her e-mail account be shut down (due to content) - did it twice. Now have caller id. I have kept a journal of most of her calls. I have the harrassment paperwork to file when needed. Spoke with the local police in both cities about filing procedures. Have been under advice of counsel so I know what legal recourse to take. I have had her background checked. <p>H told her (in a big mouth angry moment) that I had a background check on her. That made her angry.....too late background check already done. No hard feelings, I am not sorry I did it. LOL!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>OW knows I have the upper hand on this. Even if my H should go back to his OW and their evil ways, I still have my support and resources. <p>So you and your H must do whatever you can to be safe and sane. If it comes to you letting her H know everytime she contacts you, then so be it. It does get old after a while. Almost like tattle tailing but hey you are dealing with a very immature personality. <p>Are our OW's related? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] !!!!<p>JMHO,
L.

T
TeresaT Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Oh God, you guys are so funny, I'm actually sitting here chuckling thinking about some of the comments about our crazy OW. It's nice that we can laugh sometimes, but it's really not funny, is it. I get so bitter sometimes that my husband put me in this situation. Anyway, I'm definitely going to ignore any attempts OW makes to contact me. Hopefully she won't, but I will make a record of it if she does. I forgot to tell you guys that in September after my uncle died we were trying to sell my husband's car cause my uncle left his car to us. My husband's car was an 82 Bonneville that was my dad's, who passed away five years ago, but the car was in great shape. My husband asked some of the secretaries in his office if they were interested in it for their kids, and OW pipes up that her husband needs a car. Can you believe it? Now my husband doesn't know what to say cause he can't very well tell her he won't sell it to her in front of everyone. Her husband calls my husband and makes an appointment to see the car, and she comes with him!! This was pre DDay, remember. My husband said he was very nervous that she was at our home (she stayed outside while her husband checked the car), but he said he was also glad that she came because she could see we had a great home with a pool, fence, nice yard, and maybe would realize that he had a life that did not include her. I think it had the opposite effect, because as I stood watching out the window she was standing with her arms crossed and tapping her foot like she was really pissed off. I commented on it to my husband. Also, I remember thinking, she's not so hot, not my husband's type, nothing to worry about there. Famous last words! We only wanted a couple hundred bucks, but me trying to be nice says, "Oh just give it to them, at least we don't have to pay the insurance on it". After I found out about the affair I was like a maniac about them having the car. Can you imagine, that b---- had my wonderful father's car. It makes me sick to think about it. I was furious with my husband. I thought he should have told her we decided to give it to a friend, but he thought she would see what a nice person I was and wouldn't want to hurt me by telling me. Men are so naive sometimes. I wonder if her husband trashed the car after he found out. I can't imagine he would want it after knowing what occured in that car, as that's the one my husband drove to and from work in. OW told me she told her husband everything that occured between her and my husband, but I seriously doubt it. The night her husband found out and he called here, OW called a few minutes later to ask if I was still there, and did I know. Then she tells my husband her husband gave her a black eye. I guess she thought my husband would feel sorry for her. That was on a Friday night. On Monday she shows up at work acting like nothing was wrong, telling everyone how her husband is picking her up for lunch, and what a wonderful weekend they had, and then she gets flowers at work from her husband. Crazy, huh? I think my husband knew then for sure that she was nuts. A couple days later when she confronted my husband and told him they need to talk and he said "no, I have nothing to say to you, I love my wife and I'm trying to work things out with her and I suggest you do the same with your husband", she calls me at home and asks me if my husband is looking for a new job. I tell her I hope so, and she says "well I can't stay here if he is working here". I tell her what she does is entirely up to her, and then she tells me my husband better watch out because if he tells her one more time that it's her fault I found out she is going to get her husband to beat him up. I tell her she's just pissed because she can't accept that it's over. She tells me my husband is only with me for my money, and our home, and that he must be in love with his mother, then she hangs up on me. I'm sure she made that last comment because I'm quite a bit older than my husband, but it didn't bother me a bit because I look great for my age, and no one believes how old I am, and in reality, I'm much better looking than her. She's older than my husband too, so I thought it was funny that she made that comment. Also, I guess I should check my bank account again, cause geez, I didn't know I was that well off! Anyway, my husband said he never told her it was her fault I knew except for the night I found out, when she called and asked if I knew, and he said, "yea, thanks to you". He said that was the last thing he said to her until she approached him again the following week asking to talk.<p>I just want to say thanks again to all of you who replied and just for listening to me ramble. The only other person who knows about any of this other than the involved parties is my best friend, and I really don't talk to her much about it as she and her husband are good friends of my and my husband, and I don't think she understands the full scope of what I'm going through. I haven't been here much lately either, because sometimes it depresses me reading about eveyrone's heartache. So thank you everyone.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 124 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation