Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#976269 02/15/02 01:36 AM
W
OP Offline
W
My WH gave me beautiful earings for v-day (so far). e are meeting for lunch close to our work places, and he sent me a text message that tonight will make me forget all of the "bad things" he has done.<p>Not sure what THAT means! I told WH that he didn't need to spend money on me to show his love, just his thoughtfulness means so much. (He went to all the jewlery stores looking for a replica of a pair of earings I lost, which he had given me years ago and LOVED to wear daily. He couldn't find anything close, but got me a nice pair that I can wear everyday! And this was all his idea! I lost the earings a year ago!!!!)<p>This week has been a really nice week. Our counselling session went well, though WH doesn't want to discuss the death of his grandpa to the counselor. He gets too choked up and fights it. It helps so much to see the reason behind the insanity so to speak though.<p>I am back to work fulltime and enjoying it!

#976270 02/14/02 11:40 PM
Z
Z
Sounds like V day went well for you. That's good. Take it one day at a time right now.<p>Z

#976271 02/15/02 10:46 AM
F
F
UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! I wanna know what happened.

#976272 02/15/02 11:29 AM
W
OP Offline
W
He gave me a beautiful bracelet. He gave me a wonderful card in which he handwrote some sincere words, and also had a post it stuck to it that said "look on my wrist." There was the bracelet. He was never been very good at the romantic thing, but he is really getting good at it now!<p>But I did blow it somewhat. Copy of post on recovery board:<p>My WH and I had a good Valentines day, but I did have a little setback. WH told me that he got $80 out with the ATM and that he had to make a pitstop (the night before V-day). He came home and that's when I got the beautiful earrings. I knew they cost more than $80 though, so I was thrown for a loop....that and he pays credit for everything. So I snooped and found the receipt while he was sleeping in the morning. Saw that cash wasn't involved. He knew something was up later that day because I was acting strange, and I asked him what he did with the cash since the earrings were way too nice to cost $80 (I didn't mention the receipt). He said he used the cash as a down payment. SO then when he saw I was still upset, I told him I saw the receipt. He then looked really sad and said "I don't even want to know what you think I did with that money." and then he told me what his plan was...to squirrel away money so that he could rent a convertible and take me to a bed and breakfast. He wasn't defensive at all, just upset that I was upset. I was of course upset for ruining the surprise and kept telling him how I HATE being so paranoid. He says that he is trying to romance me more since that is one of my big ENs, and he is new to this. Says it's fun to plan and be sneaky to surprise me. (I know what he means, because I love doing stuff like that for him!!!) But I'm still scared to let this go. I guess because I'm scared of losing control of the situation. He comes home right after work and we talk on his way to and from work, and during the day. The coworker OW transferred to a different store, so they don't see eachother. WH is nothing but attentive, changing for the better, tells me over and over how me and S are what he wants for the rest of his life, and he is definitely sincere. Our time together is so much better than it used to be...so why can't I let this go? He says over and over that thier relationship was a friendship and that he doesn't know why it turned into a PA. I do know that at the time there was NO friendship in OUR marriage, and I think the conversation aspect was a big EN for him. Now I'm just rambling. Wish I didn't feel the psycho need to snoop and be on guard all of the time.

#976273 02/15/02 10:32 PM
B
brw Offline
B
weRtrying,
Bravo! It sounds like things have gone well lately. I can appreciate your being scared to let it go. My W and I have had a very difficult discussion tonight about how she will ever be able to do that.I can't blame her or you either. When your faith and trust has been shattered it is difficult to "believe" again.
Keep on keepin' on!
Brw
[img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation