Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
I am thinking about you, and I am wondering if you are comfortable with the *tone* here. (You know what I mean. I mentioned it to you in email once.) I am not trying to convert or confuse you. I just want to enjoy your wonderful friendship and wit without anything weird between us. Please tell me if you think I manipulated anything you were trying to accomplish when I suggested the move here. The first "alternative" site was just too ....I donno ....flat... that's the best way I can describe it.<p>I just need to hear from you if there is anything bothering you about this move and my part in it. I am trying to change myself a little bit .... and never again ignore an elephant in the room while making cute chit-chat. Is there an elephant in the room with us D.W.W.?<p>On another note, I'm trying to figure out how to tell "my story" without having the effect of a strong sedative!!!<p>On another side note .... and this is the last I'll say about this: I emailed Swami about my "harassment complaint" the last day I posted. She said she had informed Brenda, and that Brenda would "get back " to me ASAP to address my concerns. NADA. ZIP. What a dump!<p>Do you know what happened to Kalani? I do worry about him some. He is a real pain in the butt, but a decent kid underneath all that bravado. I took to him like a mother and he rejected my warmth just like a real-life child would. I have this mother gene that gets me into trouble sometimes. I would have taken him in (for real) and given him a place to stay. But, Kalani is a wild, free, squirt, and he "don't need nobody"......<p>Maybe I should just open an orphanage???? What's that ?..... I think I hear Mr. Pepper screaming [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Talk to me you devils only friend you .....<p>Pepper

D
D
Pepper,<p>Everything's cool. [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img] ya hear? ...I'm on my way out to a movie that I missed [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] again last night but will answer your message when I get home later. Quickly, I think that everything is unfolding just as it should for all concerned. I'll talk to you later, okay. Relax and enjoy [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

D
D
Pepper, where on earth did this come from? Convert and confuse moi? ...I’ll always be confused girl! And convert?!, well hon, you just know that that ain’t gonna happen any time real soon! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] I’m thrilled about the way things have worked out. Truly ecstatic. I mean, think about it. Who could have planned this, then executed it with such grace and precision? Only the collective will and wisdom of iVillage’s finest, that‘s who. It’s a win/win situation. There’s ironic symmetry here that you’ve just got to know has me pissing my pants! Everybody gets what the wanted.<p>And me, I wasn’t trying to accomplish anything ...save overcome my own frustrations. And believe me when I tell you, I was up for ANYTHING that didn’t compromise the collective integrity of My Affair’s core community ...the regulars to some, and a bunch of really brilliant folks to me! Pepper, I’ve learned to trust that every living force struggles to find its center, its strength, its value and its purpose. You can’t organize determination when its on a mission. I gave up trying long ago. <p>As far as me here? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] Well that’s something that only time can answer. The dynamics on that other board suited my nature ...pretty much a fluke. I was originally just passing through; I hadn’t planned on staying, but couldn’t seem to break away. You know, Pepper, that I’m not much for warm and fuzzy, and I’m not always fully present (in a give and take sense). My Affair provided me with the personal freedom that I desperately need. Heck, post or not, that board had a will of its own ... until it got stomped on. I shy away from communities that demand too much attention. <p>Granted, I love to read, and I gobbled up the dynamic flow of wisdom that took my breath away with some frequency on that board, but I kept my distance because that just the way I am. A distance that you might experience as discord. But, no! There’s no elephant in the room, Pepper, not that I‘m aware of anyhow. And, I appreciate you feeling comfortable enough to bring your concerns to my attention. That speaks volumes to me ...and, causes me to pause and reflect ...is there anything that I’ve done that’s bothering you? Because experience has taught me that there’s a keen possibility that that is so. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I’m finding it a bit of a challenge too, summarizing a not too boring, yet tidy account of my story ...one that won’t make the dead groan and leave. I’m working on it though. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I’m totally baffled about iVillage and everything that transpired there. I have my theories, Pepper, but that’s all they are. As far as Brenda goes, you don’t even want to know my thoughts on her or her incompetence. Moderate a message board? Right! I’d like to think that she’s presently under the strict scrutiny of iVillage execs and shareholders. If I might borrow Brenda’s own terminology ...I hope that those eyes focused on a target audience have a little sharper vision now. <p>I wondered about Kalani too. I’ve no idea where he’s at but suspect he’ll turn up when we least expect it. I don’t imagine he’d be too hard to locate. You might have guessed that his spirit tickles my senses? He’s infectious. I never fear for him though. He’s a survivor, Pepper. I can smell them a mile away. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>"Maybe I should just open an orphanage???? What's that ?..... I think I hear Mr. Pepper screaming" <p>Gawd women! you’ve got more courage than me. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] It’s enough for me these days keeping myself under control. My kids don’t realize how lucky they are to have survived in tact. But they’re safe now ...and lucky me, they still visit regularly. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I finally made it to my movie, Pepper. It was good! <p>Your friend always ...dof

P
OP Offline
P
Well ..... I think you just might be a jellyfish wearing armour. To me, you are soft and beautiful and vulnerable on the inside, and a warrior to those without X-RAY vision.(not too warm and fuzzy for ya, I hope) <p>What movie did you go see?<p>Pepper

S
S
<me slinking in here for a sec><p>Stop it! j/k [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] You two are making me laugh and cry.<p>Friendship is so beautiful. Lovely.<p>
There is nothing in this world like open and honest friendship. Thank you two for sharing yours with us.<p>love,<p>sel <p>P.S. Pepper, wanna see some pic's of a scamp? You, dww? I now have them ready to send if you are interested.

C
C
You girls are crazy! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>DWW... you may not like the warm and fuzzies but I can't help it! You are wonderful!!!<p>Love,
Clear

D
D
Pepper, ladies, <p>I’m touched by your gracious warmth and kind thoughts, [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] but fear I must warn you ...I truly am a BEAST. [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] Just ask my friends. But wait! ...I don’t have any friends. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] Well then, that just supports a rather accurate self-assessment, wouldn’t you say? Jellyfish? Balderdash! <p>I saw I Am Sam, Pepper. I wanted to compare Penn's performance with Russell Crowe's, in A Beautiful Mind. Of the two movies I prefer A Beautiful Mind and Crowe‘s performance was undauntedly brilliant. They are both worth the bag of buttered popcorn. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I’m on a tight schedule for the bulk of this week, so I’ll pretty much be low profile here. In the meantime, will you ladies please stay out of mischief! You know, you gals are establishing a reputation as troublemakers all over the Net! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation