Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
Well .... you flew over here too!
Why?<p>I am happy to see you.(surprised, but happy [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] )<p>What has changed for you to be here posting on this board? Are you still cl of the iVillage board?<p>Yesterday (AKA Pepper)

A
A
Hola!<p>I am still CL of that board ONLY UNTIL they research my replacements to make sure they are not previously banned members. My affair is 100% over and has been for over a month now(found out he's been cheating on me, too!!!)I was CL'ing that board in hopes that I could dissuade newbies from entering into an affair but I just don't think they are open to hearing the "other side" at this point....<p>So, I headed over to the Redbook board but saw everyone was bailing and coming over here.<p>I used to post over here YEARS ago (my member number is in the 4000's!!!) and thought I'd check it out again.<p>Waving backatcha!<p>hootie

C
C
Hey Hootie! So nice to see you. I replied to your email. I think you'll find it pleasurable here. And it's great because there are a lot of men here as well as women and we can get experiences from all sides.<p>Love,
Clear

P
P
Wow, Hootie. I saw some of your posts just a few months ago and was upset with some of the things you were offering at the time. Glad to see you're trying to get past everything now. Keep your chin up!<p>Blade

P
OP Offline
P
Hootie<p>I always wondered how you could stay in an affair while maintaining a close relationship to God. Those times @ iVillage, you posted about your faith (while I lurked, because I was forbidden to post to you on that forum [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] ) I just wanted to ask you this.... did your faith and relationship with God suffer during your affair or as a result of the affair?<p>This is a subject my DH and I have discussed many times. He felt he was estranged from God throughout his affair. Just curious, and trying to learn as much as possible.<p>Pepper

A
A
My relationship with the Lord MOST DEFINITELY suffered......my faith was pretty much in the toilet....I was still going thru the motions (going to church, co-lead a ministry even) but I felt like a HUGE hypocrite. However, I had previously read "the screwtape letters" by CS Lewis (have you ever read that????) and I knew that Satan would love nothing better than for me to feel God didn't love me and for me to completely alienate myself from Him. So, I consistently went to confession, got myself into Christian based counselling (which didn't go to well because she wanted to focus on another issue vs. what I wanted to focus on - the guilt) tried to pick up my bible as often as I could and cried out to God nearly every night to free me from what I have come to believe was very similar to an addiction. <p>I believe that God knows our hearts....I'm not a *bad* person.....just a fallen Christian who CHOSE the wrong path for waaaaaaaaay too long. <p>Hope that helps.....and if not, feel free to dig deeper....I'm an open book.<p>hootie

A
A
oh and thanks Clearview and Blade for your posts as well!

S
S
Hi, Hootie!<p>It's good to see you here. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>selket

P
OP Offline
P
Dear Hootie ... I will hold you in my heart, and say a prayer for you everyday.<p>Blessings<p>Pepper

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 418 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation