Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#980139 02/26/02 04:38 PM
N
needing Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Life just keeps rolling over me like a mack truck.<p>My WH is going to be angry because he is planning on moving out and without my extra income it's going to be pretty impossible now. I'm afraid he is going to think that I did this on purpose.<p>Plus, it was a good job. I worked from home. Was able to be here for my kid. Now who knows. Got fired because of my production since D-day. I pay insurance claims and had a weekly quota that I was having trouble meeting for a while. Was put on suspension, missed one weeks numbers out of 5 and they let me go. they know what's been going on in my life as well. Jeez, I am not looking forward to this conversation.<p>Does it get worse...

#980140 02/26/02 04:51 PM
S
S
bummer needing, but nothing you can do about it, just set God on your shoulder, and know whatever happens in life, He doesn't give us more than we can handle....then go get drunk....wait a minute, no don't get drunk, just tell him as calmly as you can, suggest don't talk about it more right now (if both stressed) and be open to new options....focus on job hunting, and who knows what is in store for you...oftentimes it is about attitude and perception....you were not fired cause you are a bad person, you got fired cause you got fired, reason makes no difference, except to motivate you, you are a good person, do not forget that, and you will be ok.

#980141 02/26/02 04:52 PM
F
F
{{{{{needing}}}}}<p>I'm so sorry. I know what you mean about work production being low. Mine too. I have been worried myself about my own, but have managed to keep it under control enough. <p>Affairs affect so many people, and so many aspects of life.<p>Things will look better. You will find a way to cope/handle this, and move forward.

#980142 02/26/02 05:23 PM
N
needing Offline OP
OP Offline
N
SnL, Who are you, my mother?? [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] That's almost exactly what she said to me. The idea of getting drunk was appealing for a minute, but I know it's not going to help. <p>Faith1, yes, affairs effect far to many areas of our lives. I'm afraid my H is'nt going to see it this way though.<p>Thank you both for the support and encouregment.
Needing

#980143 02/27/02 12:41 AM
H
H
Hi Needing. I just wanted to throw a hug in there. After all you've been through and are still going through, you don't need that.<p>Hey, maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Maybe you'll find a new job that you like 10x better...<p>Hugs,
HbH

#980144 02/27/02 01:03 AM
hugs needing...<p>and prayers...<p>Cali

#980145 02/27/02 05:38 AM
F
F
Hi needing,<p>just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I lost my job in December 2001 - due to on the job performance issues - nice little xmas pressie that was!!!! I'd even told my employer what was going on but they didn't care.<p>I've spent the last 3 months on the job market - ok, xmas and new years was a bum time to be looking for a job - trying to find something which fits my skills and needs. Trouble is there's a lot of highly qualified people out there in the same boat. It's not been easy. Our savings are also taking one big hit.<p>If there's anything good which has come out of this it's that our relationship - despite the enormous strain - is surviving and my W is sticking by me and being very supportive [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] But this whole episode has changed my perspective - a man without a wife can survive, a man without a job is pretty much useless (that's how I feel anyway). So, next time my W decides to have an A, my job will be priority number 1 [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] (wrong isn't it - but that's society these days)<p>take care needing, I'll be thinking of you...<p>- Freddy

#980146 02/27/02 10:52 AM
N
needing Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks All,<p>Well, telling him went OK...He said he was sorry and asked if I was OK.<p>Later he did admit that for a second he thought that I had done it on purpose, to keep him from moving out. He said that he felt bad for even thinking this and knows that I did'nt do that.<p>He also said that he would not take an apartment. Belive me, this is not how I want this to be going. Now he just feels trapped and angry. He printed out articles on divorce last night after I went to bed. Left them sitting on the printer. I called him at work and asked if I should get an attorney. Told him not to leave his divorce articles around. He was angry and told me to leave him alone. <p>I guess I am just going to back off. Give him time. He is angry and feeling trapped right now. I should know better than to poke at a cornered animal right?<p>OK, thanks EVERYONE for the support. I really do appreciate it.<p>Needing

#980147 02/27/02 03:35 PM
R
R
Hi Needing,<p>I'm so sorry for the job loss, when it rains it pours.<p>I'm glad to see your H was understanding, FOG or no FOG, his emotional support of you regarding losing your job is very much needed right now. <p>I just wanted you to know how bad I feel for you. Wish there was something more I could do to help. <p>Prayers are being said, Needing.<p>Love,
Jo

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation