Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
J
I couldn't figure out what to put, I had never done one of these things before, and knew that you are never supposed to tell anyone on the internet your real name. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I put who I was at that time. I was just the wife. I wasn't the girlfriend, I wasn't the lover, I wasn't the confidant, I didn't think I was anything. Just the wife. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I realize now though that I am a hell of a lot more than just the wife. In fact, I am not even a wife anymore! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I am a Mother.
I am a Sister and a Daughter.
I am a good friend.
I am a volunteer.
I am smart, funny, cute, happy, fun to be with, loving and caring, silly, generous, thoughtful, and a really good egg.<p>Maybe it's time to change my name. If I did, I'd be Look Out World!<p>Elizabeth

B
B
At the time I signed on, I looked around the room for what I had that was positive in my life and there they were... my two little boys..... BM & WM<p>I do not own a BMW. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

W
W
I didn't think I could get away with "whothef&*$isshe"<p> [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]

K
Kim101 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I'm so glad I posted this question. Some of you have made me laugh and some have made me cry. I knew there were some good stories behind the names. Keep them coming!

M
M
My H is a musican and he used to sing me the song by journey that had a line that went "Lovin a Musicman ain't all it was supposed to be. But you stand be me girl faithfully." Hence the name Musicman's wife.

L
L
Oh My Goodness, I have been asked this one so many times [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>No I am not the devil, the 666 comes from my birthday, June 6 @ approx 6 p.m. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I must admit it gets a lot of raised eyebrows in most of the forums I frequent [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]
and Lyndy is my nik...... my real name is Lynne, as seen in my sig line..... I am a survivor, regardless of how I am pegged.<p>Respectfully as always,

G
G
Nope, my name is not Louise. I chose this name because it's an expression that is used by a good cyber friend when things are shocking or incomprehensible....almost like saying,
"Holy $^!+" but using nicer language. Now I'm a Baltimore gal who doesn't hold back any punches. Gotta' be quick on your feet in this blue-collar town...LOL! <p>Geeeeeezie peeeeezie would have been too long and WTF was already taken. Therefore, in honor of my good friend....I am Geez Louise.

T
T
I chose my name based on the very word Jesus spoke to the "dead" girl in Mark chapter 5:41.<p>everyone thought she was dead and were mourning for her...they simply thought there was no hope and Jesus said in essence.. what is all this commotion about...she is not dead, only asleep. he took her by the hand and said "talitha cumi, which is translated, "little girl, or damsel..arise!<p>That's exactly what i would like to do..arise out of this mess and become a woman alive in Christ..having that perfect peace that only He can give, no matter what circumstances i find myself in.

P
P
Well ...... I'm a *BEATLES* fan ..... and I just love the Sgt. Pepper album .... 1967. [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Pepper

T
T
Topaz is my birthstone (November). I used to use that as my online alias back in the bbs days (just before the internet). However, when I tried to create a hotmail address, it wouldn't allow it.<p>So, I thought back to the fact that my online friends would call me "Topie" (not too-pye, but toe-pee - [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] ), and at the time I created that email addy, I was 25 yrs old (I'm now 29).<p>Not very inventive, is it? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] Oh well. I am Topie25 anywhere I go online - unless I can use Karen, but that tends to be taken. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Karen

D
D
daybreak~~~Dawn, pretty self explaintory, I think!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

M
M
After all we have been through, this name made me smile. I sat and thought about it for a while, coming up with different combinations of my feelings. I started posting here just before h and I got back together. It occured to me that THIS IS ME! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] He posts here as WLD (his initials) and so my name made perfect sense. I AM his wife and I DO love him. That is what it says for me... [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

K
Kim101 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
up, up - bump!

I chose my name because it is how I am rebuilding my marriage...One Step at a Time.

S
S
No, I'm not waiting for prince charming. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Snowwhite is an english translation of my given name. When they were little, my kids really believed that I was "that" Snow White. <p>Snow

D
D
A couple of reasons.<p>The first I regret because its how my H found me on here...duh to me<p>He chose that name for my original password for email...I guess he thought I was his dancer<p>...as I did Jazz Ballet and dance at church and with the kids in my classes...<p>And If theres one thing I cant wait to do in Heaven is DANCE DANCE DANCE!<p>Dancer

S
S
Gypsy and Mermaid were both taken. I love the sea and anything in it, and I've always been a waterbaby. If there's water, you usually find me in it. I usually fel my best if I'm at the beach or snorkelling. I'm going on my first dive course in 1.5 weeks, and I want to meet a shark, and a turtle.<p>Plus seahorses are endangered and need their profile raised, and I'm seriously considering getting a tattoo of one on my bum (on d-day 1 I got a belly ring so anythings possible when your hurting!)<p>[ March 15, 2002: Message edited by: Seahorse ]</p>

B
B
Because I have been betrayed beyond belief! I have had two other names over the years and I honestly can't remember them. My WH has left then came back, left again and came back again. He has left again and I don't know if he is ever coming back or if I can take him anymore. This does not even include the original D day which he stayed at home and told me OW was history. The last time he left was real bad and that is why I came up with the name since he left after a long period of time back at home and I was under the impression we were in recovery. It was really a shock this last time and I am still in shock many months later.
I have been on and off this board since 1999 so many or most of you may not even know who I am. I do a lot of lurking then sometimes I jump in [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

A
A
I was (and still am) in a long distance relationship and we used to meet often in chatrooms for hours, which beat the heck out of transatlantic telephone bills!<p>Anise was my handle from those days. Around about the time when I found MB. Yes, I was optimistic even back then. I never thought I'd need it, but surprise, surprise, I did last summer. And just knowing where to turn helped keep my sanity.<p>So this name, spicy as it is, reminds me how far we've come.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 708 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation