Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
F
F
Okay all---some of these you will have to go way back in time!!!!<p>Guys and Dolls<p>Silent Movie with Mel Brooks<p>Rain Man<p>A few Good Men<p>The Sixth Sense...watching that a second time is neat because you pick up so many things!<p>Grease

H
H
My wish came true!!! Rat race was on pay per view TONIGHT! For all of you who listed gut-busters (yea, I loved Shrek too) you've GOT to see this remake of a 60's movie. The actors are all great and it's non stop giggles.

G
G
Luvmydogs,
Cats and Dogs was really horrible...
Best in Show really has very little to do with the dogs, just a weird look at the freaky people who own them and show them. Kind of like watching the freaky religious lady with the pink hair and Tammy Faye makeup... You don't really want to watch, but you are drawn in by a sort of sick curiosity. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] Oh now i've probably offended someone, sorry.

R
OP Offline
R
Very cool, H4F.<p>I rented it (Rat Race) and have yet to pop it in. Now I know it's gonna be good. Thank you!<p>BTW: "Training Day" with Denzel, Whoa! Denzel is a bad bad bad boy in this flick. And it has some violence, but pretty good plot.

M
M
I have to admit that my sister and I used to prance around the family room - jumping from chair to chair - singing The Sound of Music with half slips on our heads! The slips were our long flowing hair! We were so fetching! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

R
OP Offline
R
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MelodyLane:
I have to admit that my sister and I used to prance around the family room - jumping from chair to chair - singing The Sound of Music with half slips on our heads! The slips were our long flowing hair! We were so fetching! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <hr></blockquote><p>LMAO! "Fetching" ... lol .... What a visual, thanks Dana Jo. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

L
L
Ladysing, I know Cats and Dogs was horrible, but it had a beagle in it, I'm a beagle freak, had to watch it. And of course, it goes to show, you can train a beagle. Not that mine are, but I know it can be done. haha <p>I'll have to try and catch Best in Show. And now I'll have to watch Rat Race, I see it's on pay for view. Anything with John Cleese and Rowan Atkinson has to pretty good. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

A
A
Hey - part of Rat Race was filmed right here in Cowtown! Lot of local actors, and crew! I visited set one day, didn't meet any "stars" that day, but saw a friend who was one of the "Lucys" !

B
B
I have always enjoyed "Mr Mom". I always get a good laugh when I see it and I have seen it many times.
I also enjoy the movie "Ground Hog Day". I like the comedies, LOL

B
B
Oh, I also like "Born Free" this has been a favorite of mine since I saw it first as a child. I have not seen it in many years.

W
W
Ok, my eclectic taste will be showing, but here is my list in no particular order:<p>Shawshank Redemption - what a story of triumph and hope. "Hope is a good thing, Red, maybe the best of things"<p>Cast Away - again, survival and giving yourself over to things that you have no control over. I sobbed when Tom Hanks was explaining to his buddy back in Memphis about how he couldn't even kill himself the way he wanted to and then just when he thought there was no hope, "God brought me a sail." He said, "I finally realized what I had to do, I had to keep breathing." We never know what the tides will bring.<p>Jerry Maguire - what do you know, another story of hope and success and determination and not giving up on doing the right thing. Plus, Cuba Gooding is hilarious and Tom Cruise is SO EASY on the eyes.<p>Austin Powers - pure fun and Mike Myers.<p>Ruthless People - hilarious, Danny Devito.<p>Its a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World - this is the original from which Rat Race was made. It is much funnier (to me) and I loved it as a child. I laughed my butt off at Mickey Rooney and Ethel Merman...<p>Also, I still love Grease, Peter Sellers in the Pink Panther series, Meet the Parents, Legally Blonde, all Nicholas Cage - especially, The Rock, The Story of Us, Steel Magnolias - "I would rather have 30 minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special"<p>I could go on and on, but I will spare you!

H
H
I loved all those movies Wiffle. Actually there are very few movies out there I just can't get into in one way or another. Now I know where the origin of Rat Race came from so I have to go rent the ORIGINAL movie. I've heard it was better, and I thought this one was great!<p>So anyone else here a Trekkie? I haven't heard any of those listed? I had them all on tape, but lost those in the tornado, sooooo now I have almost all of them on DVD. A couple are kind of hard to find on DVD...speaking of which...something to search Ebay for today. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

J
J
Wow! You all have listed some great ones. I won't repeat some of those but one of my favorite films, for a western, was Lonesome Dove. Then North and South was another great movie.<p> jd

A
A
Here are mine:<p>Dr. Zhivago
To Kill a Mockingbird
Somewhere in Time
Gone With the Wind
Rob Roy (with Liam Neeson)
Schindler's List
Life is Beautiful
Fried Green Tomatoes
Pride and Prejudice (From A&E TV)
The Diary of Anne Frank
Young Frankenstein<p>Actually, there are so many more!

R
OP Offline
R
AshyGirl,<p>I forgot all about "Fried Green Tomatoes"! TA~WANDA!<p>And "To Kill A Mockingbird" is another one of my favs.<p>"The Diary of Anne Frank" is also one of my favorites, so many good movies.<p>Makes ya wanna go out and rent them all.<p>[ March 23, 2002: Message edited by: Resilient ]</p>

R
OP Offline
R
Wiffle,<p>I still love "It's a mad mad mad mad World"! I saw it the other day when I was home sick with a cold. Great flick!<p>Jo

O
O
Wow, this is great! I'm going to have to print these out and take 'em with me to the rental store. lol<p>I loved "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World". Another one that's from the same era that cracked me up was "A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Forum", with Zero Mostel if I'm remembering right. It's been a long time but I remember laughing so hard it hurt...<p>And somebody brought up Monty Python... yes!!! "All right, this is much too silly!" That's what reminded me of "Fierce Creatures" and "A Fish Called Wanda". Sooooo funny!<p>Hope everybody's having a great weekend!

R
OP Offline
R
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by o2bsane:
And somebody brought up Monty Python... yes!!! "All right, this is much too silly!" That's what reminded me of "Fierce Creatures" and "A Fish Called Wanda". Sooooo funny!<p>Hope everybody's having a great weekend!<hr></blockquote><p>Monty Python, "The Killer Rabbit" .... lol<p>ohhh, wait .... how about strange, freaky weird and odd movies, like "Eraser Head"? or "Jacob's Ladder"? Yikes!<p>Jo<p>[ March 23, 2002: Message edited by: Resilient ]</p>

O
O
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Resilient:
<strong>Monty Python, "The Killer Rabbit" .... lol
</strong><hr></blockquote><p>"What's he going to do, nibble me bum?" lol<p>"You've already got one?" "Yes, and it's-uh ver-uh nice-uh!"<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Resilient:
<strong>ohhh, wait .... how about strange, freaky weird and odd movies, like "Eraser Head"? or "Jacob's Ladder"? Yikes!
</strong><hr></blockquote><p>I really get a kick out of the Mystery Science Theatre movies. I think they'd probably fit in the 'strange, freaky weird and odd' category. lol Along with "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas".

D
D
Lonesome Dove cause...well ...ummm...MMMM cowboys<p>also Tender Mercies...hmmmm Robert Duvall again...I'm noticing a theme here...LOL<p>
( Robert Duvall is my favorite actor)<p>Peace! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 454 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation