Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
OP Offline
W
I was just curious if the ol' stereo type about the crooked salesman was true?<p>My WH is a Sales manager and seems to go far in his career fast because he knows exactly what to tell the customers/employers. He doesn't lie to customers, and does what he does very well, but he has a way of saying what everyone wants to hear too... difficult to explain.<p>So is your WS in sales?

F
F
So is your WS in sales?
yep [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>He doesn't lie to customers, and does what he does very well, but he has a way of saying what everyone wants to hear too... difficult to explain.<p>Mine too. And he tries to please everyone. Makes promises that are either impossible or very difficult to keep.<p>[ April 02, 2002: Message edited by: Faith1 ]</p>

G
G
I'm the BS and I'm in Sales with about 60% travel away from home. Been faithful for all 20+ years even though I've had my share of 'opportunities' [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] !<p>Gib

H
H
Hi.<p>I'm in sales...but like Gibby my wife is the one that had the affair...<p>-HD

H
H
my h is very smooth and sometimes I feel so duped... to believe all his crap... I really beliueved it.. not in sales for the moment.. but he could sell his dirty shirt.. and make hyou think you had a gem.... <p>H

T
T
Yes, my former WH is in sales and very good at it. He could sell tea to China. In fact close to D-day when I was still an emotional wreck I said to him "you can sell your customers with your bs all you like but I'm not believing it".<p>[ April 02, 2002: Message edited by: TinyDancer ]</p>

M
M
I am also a sales rep [beverage industry - key account level] but we are not crooked. We couldn't ever get away with it - our careers would be finished in a week if we weren't impeccably honest and straightforward. <p>I am the BS and have been in sales for 2 different major companies my entire career and my WS is a computer dude.

F
F
Mine is...

B
B
YES!!! My xH is a mega-successful commodities broker. He has a way about him.

L
L
Yep!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>He's a pretty good talker, owns his own business, used to travel, that's where the A was. Stays home now, but can still talk a good story! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img]

O
O
Yep!!! Sales, sales and more sales. <p>L.

W
W
YEP - <p>My WH is in sales<p>Attorney told me that before I told him what WH did!<p>My WH would do anything for a sale, is very successfull (on the surface) He also views the world from HIS perspective, is very relationship oriented and a very SMOOTH talker.<p>He 's on the road a lot & this time, that is where A's happened. <p> [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img]

N
N
mine is in sales too-and the worst of them all---
auto sales. and yes he use to do used cars.<p>everything you hear about them is true-RUN!!!!!!

T
T
Too strange...my WS is most definitely in Sales!

F
F
Mine is....but he has always been very honest and up front with his customers....it's just his wife that he lies to...

A
A
YEP~my husband is in flooring sales at one of the nation's top home inprovement chains. (Not the orange one, the red & blue one.) He's been top in flooring sales in his region the past 2 years. He relates to people so well and can deal with people upset about installations, etc. He can communicate so well with other people. The store manager worships him. Pats him on the back when hubby enters the store. He's met the store buget so many times when sales were down storewide!<p>OW in the EA is head cashier. She thinks she's got the captain of the football team! You should read this note he brought home Monday night that she left in his locker.....sounds like an infatuated 16 year old! She's 46 and been married 28 years.<p>He said he broke it off with her yesterday. Guess that means we're close to being in recovery. It's been a long 6 months. It all happened so gradually, I can't even remember when D-Day was! But finally 2 weeks ago I hid a tiny tape recorder in his truck and heard his side of 2 cell phone conversations with her. He couldn't keep telling me it was only a 'friend' thing after that. All they talked about was what I'd said to him about ending the relationship. He'd said all they talked about was work! NOT!<p>~~Amazingrace

F
F
Sort of. He works in finance but there is a definite sales component of his job. He is very honest with his clients, but had developed a dual personality for work. That personality is Mr. Happy go Lucky, never complains, super easygoing and agreeable, never in a bad mood etc. That was who OW met. Of course she was on her best behavior too, so when the masks came off and they were faced with each other's true selves it got pretty ugly lol.

K
K
No, not in my case. My job has a sales component, but not his.

J
J
Mine not in sales but the character traits seem to be the same. She can really charm people and they all seem to instantly become her friend. Makes promises but can not keep them and when someone takes advantage of her generousity or good nature she lashes out verbally about them behind their back.

F
F
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JohnC:
<strong> She can really charm people and they all seem to instantly become her friend. Makes promises but can not keep them and when someone takes advantage of her generousity or good nature she lashes out verbally about them behind their back.</strong><hr></blockquote><p> Interesting. My H also is also a charmer, and for the longest time he couldn't stand to think that someone might not like him (he's gotten over that though). He also used to have a big problem with people taking advantage of him in the work situation (also much improved). The secretaries at his job are always complaining about being underpaid and overworked so he would go ahead and do all of his own filing, copymaking, paperwork etc (things that are supposed to be done by the office staff). This earned him a reputation as being a really cool guy to work for. When OW worked there, pre affair, she asked him if he could put in a request for her to be his personal assistant, ugh. At least he said no to that. Anyway, he got to be Mr. Popular because he didn't make people do their jobs, then he would come home and gripe about what lazy, worthless, whiny b****es they were and how they should all get fired. Now he concentrates on his own work and lets others do their own jobs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 176 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation