Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#991864 04/08/02 09:44 PM
L
Limu Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I read here daily, and post occasionally, and look forward to some wise MB'er opinions. My H of 11 years left 6 months ago - and moved in w/ OW the same week (we have no children). We have had very little contact w/ each other in the past 6 months - although he has made it clear on several occassions that he wants a D (he retained an attorney right away and we've discussed division of assets, etc.). However, he seems to be dragging his feet. The one meeting we had scheduled in February, he cancelled ONE HOUR before the meeting was to take place. The last conversation I had with him, he told me he had fired his original attorney and retained a new one because "This D was just taking too long". WELL...that was a month ago, and not a peep from him since. It's not like he has shown any interest in reconciling, not even a shred of remorse. So why the holdup? My hopeful side is thinking maybe life isn't so grand now that the light of day has been shed on his affair, perhaps reality is hitting...then part of me thinks he's just a procrastinator and life is easier when you just do nothing. Is this common? He seems very sure of his decision to end our marriage...but is doing nothing to move the divorce forward. BTW, he will not lose anything financially because we are both financially independent.

#991865 04/08/02 11:25 PM
D
D
Limu,<p>I quote "perhaps reality is hitting...then part of me thinks he's just a procrastinator and life is easier when you just do nothing. Is this common? He seems very sure of his decision to end our marriage...but is doing nothing to move the divorce forward."<p>Is this common? In my case yes it is, I posted yesterday on this same subject (I just don't get it!!) And after I once again intiated contact he followed up with the $ amount, that had been requested almost 3 weeks ago. And then he states there is only 4 weeks left til the 60 days are met could I please hurry!!!! Don't think so! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>So please don't feel alone, I think WS treat BS's so badly and don't even realize they are doing it, they are only thinking of them selves. The waiting and the just maybes, the hope that you let yourself feel for just a minute are sure painful when the WS does finally remember oh yeah I asked for a divorce! Duh! As much as I would like to say that your WH has changed his mind, I can't. I and you must move on and not dwell on what has happened to our marriages. But become stronger better people from the experience, as painful as it has been there are lessons from that pain to learn.<p>God's Blessings to you as you journey through the nightmare that this is.<p>Please keep posting and asking questions, you seem to have a good handled on the situation, but it is still nice to hear from others in the same place.<p>Dawn [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (DaisyTheCat2), 683 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation