Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
My whole story is in a thread called "Affairs that don't end...confused..help" if you want more background.<p>But here's the situation: Wife having an EA for over a year, DDay was 7 months ago, lies, deception, etc. has been the norm. The A has not ended, she doesn't even acknowledge it because she insists it has ended. I'm trying to Plan A, but of course need to find a way for the A to end before we can truly make some progress.
I understand the pain and difficulty for her in ending it, the feelings and all, and I'd like to help with that, but I cannot do it if she doesn't acknowledge it and at least lets me help her while it ends.
How can I reach her on this? How can I communicate that I understand and that I'm willing to help her through withdrawl?
Any ideas?
Thanks!!!

M
M
What proof do you have that it is continueing?<p>Has she written a no contact letter? Has she provided you access to her email, voice mail, etc.?

S
OP Offline
S
Her phone records show the calls, her unexplained outings, etc. After 7 months of the lies, I pretty much know.
She says it has ended, so she's not written a no contact letter, she has not agreed to end it and committed to rebuilding, I'm trying to get her to that point.

B
B
Well, I am a WW. There are questions my H has never bothered to ask me and maybe it is because he does not want to know the truth.....He asks all the sexual questions. The questions that can get to the root of the problem are something like this..<p>How do you feel when you are with the OM?
What are you getting out of the A?
Tell me why it makes you feel so warm inside?<p>These are pretty big questions, but the answers are the key to "how you fit into this" or "how you do not fit into this". She is/was finding pleasure somewhere else. Just like I was. You need to find out why.<p>My therapist told me that an affair is only one symptom of many that a marriage is having problems or someone is not happy the way they are living their life. What has your wife sacrificed to be with you/the family? Her job? Her friends? Her openness? Everyone seems to sacrifice something in order to hold onto love, and that is bad bad bad. Real love does not make you sacrifice anything about yourself. Sacrificing is based on fear of being yourself because you may lose someone, but you end up losing them because you are miserable living a life that is dictated by others.<p>My friends and I have time on our hands and we sit around and talk about some pretty wild stuff, but we have come to the conclusion that many woman sacrifice everything they are for the family. They abandon themselves. They stop caring for themselves. And the place they can momentarily escape all the stresses of life is in an A. They can be themselves. I have no contact with OM, but I have urges... and the urges are when my H is not there for me emotionally. Guess who can be there?
It is a struggle, but I have recognized the pattern now, and now do not need to call him. <p>Good Luck.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 473 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation