Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#994736 04/18/02 03:45 PM
K
OP Offline
K
I read in your H's thread that you don't like to come to MB's often. I think you should as much as you can. People here are often nice and offer great advice. During the first 6 months of my H finding out, I was here daily chatting, ofering advice, and recieving advice.
It's nice to know that you aren't the only one in the world with these problems.<p>I like to think that I am an independent woman as well. Now I have a side kick to help me out! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] hehe.<p>We have come along way and I hope we can make it alot further, but there are days that he hits those buttons and I just want to run away. Of course I think it through and I think here is a challange that I need to conquere.<p>My H's family knows about my A's as well. Everyone but his eldest brother. It really bothers me, and the first couple times I saw his mother I felt akward, but know everything is normal. Just hang in there and give it lots of time.<p>I think the two of you should try counseling and open your communication more. Tell him exactley how you feel and why. From his thread it sounds like the two of you love eachother but there seems to be a rock in between you two.

#994737 04/18/02 09:13 PM
F
F
^ bump for Mrs. Funk ^<p>Keep Smiling is a VERY special lady [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] . We watched her and her husband come here, and we watched them got through a LOT of crap. There were several times when really I didn't think they were going to make it. <p>I bet Keep Smiling could really relate to some of what you are feeling, if you have questions for her - she would probably even let you e-mail her (???) so you could talk privately. <p>Do a search for posts by Keep Smiling, and her husband, SEM, if you would like to go back and read some of their posts.<p>Hang in there... time and patience.... protection and love.... it's the basics for all relationships that we all need to learn... [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#994738 04/19/02 11:25 AM
K
OP Offline
K
bumper up

#994739 04/22/02 01:17 PM
F
F
inafunk,
You don't have to respond or anything... just wanted to make sure you saw it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] didya?<p>thanks!
Faith1

#994740 04/22/02 02:04 PM
I
I
KS, it's quite the contrary...I come here all the time to read the threads. I just don't post often. Thanks for wanting to be there for me. It is very hard to face H's family/friends. His friend came to our house yesterday, and he told me (before he arrived) that he wanted me to get up and acknowledge he was there. I thought I could do it, but when I heard him in the house, i just froze and couldn't face him. I'm afraid of the faces/attitude I might get from him. H wants things to get back to normal with family/friends, but i feel rushed.<p>I would like to email with you, if that's OK.

#994741 04/22/02 06:34 PM
K
OP Offline
K
IaF,
Your freinds and family feel just as akward too, so just take it slow when your around them and most mature people will try to act as if they don't know.<p>I would like if you e-mail me. My e-mail is sennmiller@aol.com
I will be expecting you [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>It's nice to be able to share our problems with people who understand and who won't judge you.

#994742 04/22/02 06:43 PM
H
H
Feel free to email me as well. parent_talk@hotmail.com [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#994743 04/23/02 02:42 PM
F
F
up for inafunk

#994744 04/25/02 09:09 AM
F
F
inafunk... just making sure you see this.<p>How's it going?

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (anchorwatch, 1 invisible), 448 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation