Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#995642 04/22/02 05:06 PM
K
KS41 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
WH was out of town for a week, which probably was not good for our recovery. I spent an awful lot of time obsessing about the affair, realizing just how well things ran without him, and repressing my anger to the point of feeling detached towards him. I saw what I was doing and made some overt efforts to turn my thinking around (because really, I want my marriage to last)!<p>The day before he came home, I asked if I could make dinner arrangements for Saturday (he usually does this). he was surprised and pleased at the turnaround - he has been very, very worried that I will not forgive him.<p>So, I made reservations at a nearby hotel, ordered our favorite meal as take-out and set it up in the room, put out about 50 little candles, arrayed myself in my Victoria's Secret's finest, and called him at 6:00. Told him to look in the toolchest, where he just found an envelope from the hotel along with the room number and key. It went very, very well (we went home at about 10:00, cuz we didn't have a sitter).<p>He keeps marveling at the evening and saying nothing this wonderful has ever happened to him. The good news - "going through the motions" has helped me regain some of my own passion and commitment. I feel more hopeful than I have since DDay.

#995643 04/23/02 01:34 PM
P
P
KS - This sounds so awsome. Glad to see you had such a moment. Progress can seem slow at times, but you seem to have the right idea. Keep up the good work. I wish you great success. My best to you.

#995644 04/23/02 02:02 PM
E
E
WOW---<p>You were definitely the windshield that time around [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Good luck <p>E [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

#995645 04/24/02 04:15 AM
B
B
WOW!
This is very uplifting and encouraging and CREATIVE! I'm glad your surprise date turned out so very well. This is so cool! Good for you! Bravo! YAY! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation