Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Dedex1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I found out yesterday that my husband has had contact with the FOW (work related) in which she told him she'd found someone else. When he finally told me about this he said he felt sad about it and "why do I keep putting myself in positions where I get hurt?" Huh? He tried to explain, but I still don't really have a clue what he was trying to get across to me. As far as I know, he is "over" her and was from the time he came back to me -- but he said he wonders how much he could have meant to her if she can hook up with someone else so quickly (when he told her he was going to work on his marriage and couldn't have any contact with her, she told him she would always love him and would wait for him) and he believes if he had stayed, she would have *still* hooked up with this guy. Any thoughts on what he is going through? <p>Now for the part that really upsets me. The conversation he had with her happened on Saturday (he answered a page for any member of management and it was her -- I assume she had a legitimate business reason for calling, although I don't know why she got into personal stuff with him or, more to the point, why he allowed her to). He came home from work Saturday kind of down and melancholy, but didn't say anything to me when I asked him why. He was off work Sunday and we basically kicked around the house -- he did yard work and I caught up on homework for a class I'm taking -- then we watched a really bad movie. Yesterday when he got home we started talking about his upcoming job interview and how he really wants the job. I mentioned that I would be relieved when he got away from possible contact with her (not one of his primary reasons for leaving, btw). That's when he told me he'd "heard" that she'd found someone else and started going into how he felt about it. I finally managed to drag it out of him that he had talked to her on the phone. He also said it's the only time he's talked to her on the phone and although he's seen her at the store a couple of times, he always turns and walks away (although I'm not sure if I believe him). I told him that I was really concerned about him not telling me and he said he didn't tell me because he was uncertain how I would react and that he knows this hurts me and doesn't want to hurt me. I told him that I need to know this stuff, even if it hurts me. Then he said "but what about if it hurts me?". I was aghast! I couldn't believe after all he's done that he is still trying to protect himself -- I thought we were trying to recover. I tried to relay to him how important it is that he be honest with me -- but I'm not sure if I got through to him. <p>Also I note on the "fog" -- we were talking about affairs and how they are based on lies. He said he never lied to her. So I said -- "I suppose you told her, then, that you and I were still having sex?" Oops! I guess he did lie! That seemed to open his eyes a little bit, though, as to the true nature of their relationship (which I also didn't realize that he didn't know already).

H
H
This was just a blast of reality...a cold shower on the romance of the affair end. When my OM would give me that "I'll always love you, I'll never love another like I love you etc..." line, it would romanticize it all again. It wasn't until I saw the WHOLE picture that I realized how incorrect that was. It stroked his ego when she made him out to be her EVERYTHING, now he's seeing it all for what it really was...a sordid, wrong thing. Who knows, maybe the OW said this to test him....let's hope he doesn't fall for it. If he rides this out and holds strong...you two will be the stronger for it.

D
Dedex1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
My thought is also that she told him to try to get some kind of reaction from him (a test, as you suggested). I don't know very much about her, but the little he's told me indicates she is a very sneaky, manipulative person with HUGE problems of her own. My husband will still not say anything directly negative about her.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation