Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
*Cali* Offline OP
OP Offline
Last year I stayed home crying.
Today I left for work grinning.<p>Last year you told me you wanted to be with her.
Today you hugged and kissed me in front of the kitchen sink.<p>Last year my heart was broken into a thousand pieces.
This year you are helping me pick them up and mend them one by one.<p>Last year the despair was so dark and thick that I couldn't tell the difference between night and day.
Today, though the day is gray and rainy, I need shades 'cause our future's so bright.<p>Last year I wondered if we would ever make love again.
Last night I got my answer.<p>
To all newbies who feel so much pain, I say hold tight. Take care of yourselves. Focus on you. I know the future seems a scary, gray blank yawning in front of you. Just take it one day at a time. Take care of today and the tomorrows will take care of themselves. Trust and have faith and put your whole heart in God and HE will NOT let you down. <p>Hugs,
Cali

E
E
I am so happy for you Cali---I remember when you first came here.<p>This is such a nice post---and yes, you are still the queen [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Take care and enjoy each of these days<p>E

W
W
[img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>***smiling for you***

S
S
Cali;
Your words fill me with hope, (as have so many others around these parts), but your words today are special, because I'd given myself the "one year" goal of reaching recovery (mainly because DDay is 4 days before our anniversary and I said I will not go thru another anniversary with this not mending). I think maybe we'll make it...
Thank you, thank you!
Space

B
B
{{{{{{{{{{{{Cali}}}}}}}}}}<p>I'm so glad you have made your dreams come true. You have been so helpful to me. Right now, I am following your advice (stop pursuing, be the best Boppo you can be, no LB, let your wife go, etc) and the dividends are paying off. <p>Keep on the straight and narrow road.

K
K
Hey Cali,<p>So your D-day is April 25th a year ago today? Well this day a year ago was pretty bad for me as well...<p>I turned 30. My(then) WS came by, dropped off a few insulting token presents "from the kids" then left. Oh yeah, then she called back to say "sorry about bringing this up on your b'day, but here's what my lawyer said..."<p>Pretty crappy present to say the least. <p>THIS year... today is a happy day... still triggered a little, but my fiancee(FWS) has already made it 1000% better. After midnight, she put me to bed with a big smile on my face. This morning, she woke the kids up, had them sing happy b'day, then she was full of hugs, kisses and happy b'day wishes. She's called me about 4 times today at work just to say hi and to wish me a great day. <p>Anyway, just wanted to chime in and say congratulations for this day being so much better than a year ago. I know how you feel [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>TTFN - JB

*Cali* Offline OP
OP Offline
O kb4jb... I remember us posting about the same time last year...<p>That is terrific...<p>What a difference a year makes! <p>Thanks all for your warm thoughts.<p>Boppo... just keep on keeping on.<p>Spacecase... I've been following a little bit of your story. Hang in there.<p>I would like to add that I don't consider my success to be that my H and I are still together, but that I AM A STRONGER PERSON, that I can take care of myself, that I can hold myself together... that I have a better relationship w/ God.<p>Hugs to all,
Cali

H
H
your post brought a smile to my face and warmth to my heart. gives me hope!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>hopenden

F
F
This is hard for me to post, Cali... but I'm so happy for you... I wish I could write those same things... My D-day is May 14 (well the day he walked out)...<p>May God continue to bless you and your family!!!

T
T
What a beautiful post Cali [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I'm happy for you and I'd also like to thank you for your inspiring threads and posts. You've helped me more than you can imagine. May God bless you and your family as you continue on the path to a happy life!

R
R
Cali<p>Congratulations!!! and Thanks!!<p>Posts like that mean a lot to those of us who are struggling to recover. It gives us all hope that there can be a future for a couple after an A. It help me me remember the old adage "What a difference a year makes"!! <p>Regretting

*Cali* Offline OP
OP Offline
Faith1... I really believe that my best success is in myself... just like you are your best success.<p>Hugs to you. Thank you for your good wishes. <p>hopenden, TinyDancer, Regretting, thanks for your kind words.

H
H
Thanks for the inspiration.....my wedding anniversary is next week and am happy to be where we are today.<p>The year from d-day quickly approaches....I am hoping that it is even better by then. From the sounds of your post---it can be. <p>There were so many lies and hurt to get over and sometimes I still feel like a year and a half of my life was ripped off. BUT in the grand scheme of things, it was all a very small moment in time compared to all of our love and good times together we have shared. <p>I love the way you compare the day from year to year...if you do that and not harp on the in between stormy times, you can see just how far you have really come. <p>Between your post and Marie's thank you letter to ow--(lol)-earlier this week I have been truly inspired this week. <p>Enjoy your day! I look forward many more good days for many years to come. <p>love and prayers to all!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation