Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#998045 05/02/02 08:09 AM
S
OP Offline
S
I'm curious is there something to this myth? I've noticed alot of the affairs seem to happen around the same time period. <p>Can we take a poll? When did it happen in your life?<p>Mine after 9 years of marriage.<p>sty

J
J
Mine happened after 9 years of marriage too. And we only dated 2 months prior to marriage, so if you count the first 2 years of marriage as more of a dating period, then we experienced the 7 year itch. Maybe 7 years is a make it or break it point. I did not have an affair, but I considered divorcing him the summer prior to his A.

M
M
hhhmmmm... I am not sure it means anything in my case.. it happened year #1 #2 #3#4 #5 #6 all the way up to 12 then i think he may have stopped a year, or maybe he got smarter. then again year 14 15 16 and I think he waited this year. when I finally did it, it was year 13 what a mess. THIS probably doesnt help. lol

N
N
My WW had EA/PA after 7 years of M.

S
S
Well, my W's 1st A was during the 7th year, and the current one is in the 21st year (3x7), so I guess that might mean something.<p>Then again, maybe she had another during the 14th year that I didn't find out about.... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]

H
H
My WH affair began just before our 5th yr. wedding anniversary. We have been together for almost 7 years.

F
F
yep. we fit. 10 years together, 7 years married.

N
N
Excellent question - definately a 7 year itch in my case: 7 years married, 10 years together.

A
A
Let's see.....Been married 17 years, and affairs happened in years: 6, 11, & 16 (H says "just friends")<p>When I got married at 18 (I wasn't pregnant!), I was SOOOO naive. I never in a million years could have imagined the hell my marriage would go through because of adultery. We're in great recovery, and I love him, but I can't say I'd marry him again given the chance to do it all over. The pain has been too intense and too often...<p>at peace<p>[ May 02, 2002: Message edited by: at peace ]</p>

C
C
My H had (is having) an A at 9 years, we married after 5 months i don't know. I believe its a depression thing, things get stale, what ever, its still awful [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

L
L
His affair: 1 year of marriage (together 2 before that)<p>Mine: 14 years of marriage (maybe a double seven year itch?? lol)

B
B
I know the 7 year itch (or thereabouts) applies in my M. I started dating my wife in 1979. We dated, lived together on and off for the next 6 years. At the beginning of the 7th year together (1985), while we were living together, my W began an affair with a co-worker (actually her boss) that lasted about 2 months. I discovered it when I found hidden phone bill totalling over $100.00 for calls my W made to OM while he was on a one week business trip in Fla.<p>Anyway, we reconciled and were married later that year. Then, in early 1993, after 7 1/2 years of marriage, my W had an affair with a friend from our Friday night couples Bible study which lasted about 2 months. Again, we reconciled (but not before I had my own revenge affair with the OM's wife). We never really worked on our marriage though.<p>Then, as my story here on MB has shown, my W began an affair with an old high school boyfriend in the fall of 2001 that lasted about 3 months (detect a pattern here?). After this latest A I learned of MB and have begun practicing the principles and becoming the best husband I can be. My wife has re-committed to our marriage and I believe we will recover and have the best years of our lives ahead of us.<p>So, three A's in 23 years, about one very 7.6 years! The seven year itch! I'll let you know what happens in 2010. HA HA!

J
JON Offline
J
haha, what a great speculative thread [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>hmm, lets see, started dating in 1996, married in 1998, served papers in 2002:<p>that's 6 years for me. <p>Man, I didn't even make it to 7!<p>Jon

H
H
Maybe we need some "scratchers" to help deal with the itch. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]

G
G
My WH had his A while in our 17th year of marriage. Therefore, I believe that the number "7" is significant!

G
G
Yep,
My H's affair was at the 7 year point. With 3 little boys at home no less... [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img]

My H's affair occured when we knew each other since 25 years and we were married 20 years.
No 7 year itch for us..........
BB

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 594 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation