Marriage Builders
Posted By: peppermint Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 01:11 AM
Hi everyone,<P>I was wondering why each of us chose the name that we did when we registered on this site. Some of the names obviously describe emotions, but others don't. How about a brief explanation?<P>I chose Peppermint because it is the little nickname my husband used to call me when we were dating. He hasn't called me that for many years, but it reminds me of a happy time in our life together.
Posted By: MEDIC238 Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 01:36 AM
Hey Peppermint,<P>I'll bite on this one. It's easy enough. Haven't been posting for a while. Still reading on what's happening with my buds. Yes, I am looking thru the windows to see what's happening.<P>Let's see, my name... I'm a paraMEDIC and my regional medical command number is 238. That was the only thing I could think of other than "dumb as dirt", "stupid as a stump" or "what an idiot I've been for the last few years".<P>They all seemed to me to be too long. I should have gone with "Zippy the Pinhead"<P>If I would register today it would be "I have made so much progress and improvement in my life and want to show my W the new and improved version of Tim and that the marriage will work and we will live happily ever after until one of us dies"<P>Do you think that would be too long as well?<P>Well, still holding the title of village idiot.<P>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Zippy
Posted By: Lora Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 02:03 AM
LOL.. Mine is a very secret alias for my real name....Laura.<P>Geeze, I need to get an imagination huh?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 02:10 AM
OK, the reason why I chose mine is because it's a character from this really cool anime I saw. It's called Fushigi Yugi and the girl's name is Yuki Miaka, Miaka for short. She reads this book called the Universe of the Four Gods and gets sucked into with her friend Yui. She meets this guy named Tamahome and they fall madly in love and vow that they're going to stay together no matter what. It's really cute. That's why I call my husband Tamahome, Tama for short because we're like them. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Anyway, if anybody has time to watch this anime (I'm warning you, there's A LOT of episodes in this series! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]), you'll find that it's really funny, but yet cute at the same time. <P>Sorry for the long narrative, but that's why I chose my name. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR> <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/zbucketmouse" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/zbucketmouse</A> is where my page is. Check it out!:)
Posted By: Raskal Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 02:16 AM
Well, I chose my name with a couple of things in mind.<P>I picked this one so that I was not identified as a male or female, just from the post(my husband was concerned I would start another affair, possibly via this site, as my EA was on the internet). But, once I post, I refer to myself and my husband, so that was kinda stupid.<P>Also, I felt kinda like a raskal, due to my affair.<p>[This message has been edited by Raskal (edited July 07, 2000).]
Posted By: wasstubborn Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 02:18 AM
My original username was "stubborn". That was the only thing that got me through the most intense period of the affair - my stubborness.<P>After the forum crash in spring of '99 I couldn't log on as "stubborn" so became "wasstubborn"
Posted By: FaithHopeLove Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 02:22 AM
Corinthians 13<P>And now abide FAITH, HOPE, LOVE, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
Posted By: homer Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 02:25 AM
I've actually wanted to explain mine.<BR>I created it shortly after D-Day and wasn't feeling very creative. I felt like I was clueless for the past 3 months and clueless through my marriage on how to be a husband.<BR>Who is the most clueless character to come to my mind at the time was Homer Simpson.
Posted By: soon2bx Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 02:50 AM
I choose mine because H seemed to be "moving on" pretty quickly.Things are slowing down a bit,he wants me to file.soon2bx
Posted By: Sheba Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 02:55 AM
I love Tigers.....always have!!<P>Strange since I am primarily a dog lover!!<P>Anyway, when I was very little, I received my first stuffed tiger.....the first word I said was "Sheba" when I hugged it.....<P>Hence her name and my subsequent shout of "Sheba" whenever I saw a picture or the real thing at the zoo!!!<P>I named my first car Sheba....<P>It's a word/name that means warmth, safety and love to me.....<P>I needed those comforts and when I found this place I felt them.....<P>BIG HUGS and THANK YOU to all my "Shebas" here!!!!<P>Sheba<BR>
Posted By: Resilient Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 03:35 AM
I'll play ...<P>Experiencing a few of the proverbial rollercoaster bumps and indignities, I felt I needed a more inspirational name, hence "Resilient".<P>I think the name change has helped a little.<P>I'm really interested to hear Popeye's username reason. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jo
Posted By: Garden Girl Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 04:02 AM
Well....if you saw my home, you would know. I have lots of flowers outside....my fave are impatiens [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Then the inside of my home is filled w/ flower decor,dried flower wreaths,and I do hand painting of flowers and vines on my walls.<P>My clothes are also almost all some type of floral print.<P>I just love anything things to do w/ gardening,flowers etc...always wanted to own a flower shop [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>So,thats it [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: Mitzi Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 04:26 AM
Ok, ready to see how good my imagination is?? LOL<P>Mitzi is really my name. It's actually my nickname, Melissa is my real name. But EVERYONE calls me Mitzi or Mitz.<P>
Posted By: e_b Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 04:27 AM
Mine is pretty obvious. Right? It's that bunny from the battery commercials that keeps on going, and going, and going... just like me! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: Mynabird Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 04:41 AM
Well, because I seem to have an opinion about almost anything, can't seem to shut up, sometimes. <BR> Call my nose my beak.<BR> Mynabird just seems fitting for my personality [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: Nerlycrzy Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 05:48 AM
Mine?? Because it's so true!!!!
Posted By: az allison Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 06:13 AM
Well, mine is pretty obvious too, but I can't sleep tonight so I'm here reading away.<P>My Name is Allison and I am a Betrayed Wife.<P>((((((((((hi allison)))))))))))<P>BTW, I live in arizona.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: Molli Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 06:47 AM
My grandpa's nickname for me was Molli. He called my D Little Molly.<P>He passed away last year. <P>My grandpa's nickname and my grandpa were always very special to me.<P>BTW, my real name is Marla.<BR>
Posted By: Leilana Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 09:08 AM
This is such a cute post. I'm having alot of fun learning about my comrades!<P>My name is one part a symbol of the state I live in and one part for my black chow dog, Lana. Hey, isn't that how people choose their drag queen names?!<P>If I used the name my H gave me, I'd be "Snugglebunny" and would have to pass out peptobismal whenever I posted.<P>Boring real name--Donna.<P>Where is this site based anyway, the midwest? It's not 4:08a.m. like it says above my post--it's 11:08p.m. here in the Aloha state.<p>[This message has been edited by Leilana (edited July 08, 2000).]
some might say that love is always blind. but boy, have i found out WAY more than i ever thought i would. i refuse not to see what is going on right in front of me any more. i can even laugh now at some of the things i fell for so easily [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: db713 Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 12:16 PM
Thought I'd join in. Not too original on my part--its my initials, also stands for dumb bunny and my birth date.
Posted By: Monen Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 01:04 PM
Mine comes from my sister, who's 10 years younger than me. When she was very little (she's 13 now) she couldn't pronounce my real name (Marilyn). It always came out "Monen". My friends thought it was extremely funny and since then it has been my nickname. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: TruthSeeker Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 03:06 PM
I chose my name because I'm in search of some answers to life's toughest questions. Like who am I? Why am I here? What have I dojne with my life? What do I want to do with the rest of it? And on and on ad nauseum.<P>I don't want to just foolw the pack or do things just because others say I should. I want to do things because they are right for me, because it will mean being true to my authentic self. I want to find out what that truth is. I want to live a genuine life. I want to live according to what's true, not necessarily froma religious point of view but from a personal one. If I can find myelsf in-love with my H at some point I want to KNOW that it's real and true and that I'm not deluding myself or him.<P>Just recently in the book "Women in mid-lif crisis" I ran across this passage:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>Now is the time to seek the truth about who you are, what you want to do, who you will love and let love you, and what mission you want to accomplish in life.<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I nearly fell over when I saw that.<P>
Posted By: NoMas Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 04:02 PM
When I first posted under this name, I was adament that this would not ever happen to me again...once I got through this. IT means "No More"...in spanish. I don't speak spanish, nor am I Hispanic. I just remember the fight that Roberto Duran had when he boxed Surgar Ray Lenoard...after being beat up pretty good....he was quoted for saying: "No Mas...No Mas"...meaning there would be no rematch. :-)<P>
Posted By: popeye Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 04:33 PM
It was the first thing that popped into my head. Wonder what shrinks doing a free association exercise would think of that?
Posted By: momma Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 07:45 PM
I chose my name because I'm a momma! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Really, I couldn't think of anything better at the time.<P>
Posted By: Maggie38 Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/08/00 07:53 PM
My mom's name is Margaret - my Dad calls her Maggie when they're not fighting! My middle name is Margaret, so there you go. 38 is my age - guess I'll have to change it to Maggie39 next year.....
Posted By: Xman Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/09/00 02:23 AM
WOW! Cool thread! I've learned so much about some of my favorite people! I, for one, try to imagine what's behind folk's screen names.....Boy! was I wrong about you Monen! LOL.<P>I need to change my "name".....Cus, thanks to my MB buds (and my W)...I know better now......<BR>In my first post I asked the board how I could get my W to leave me because of "ED" (limp johnson).....I was feelin sooooo low.....wanted to induce my W to have a PA or leave altogether cus I felt I was no longer a man. Was convinced that it was totally unreasonable to expect a vibrant, beautiful, 39 yo woman to live out her days without sex. Well....some very wise women here clued me in.....sexual fulfillment is a whole lot more than just "penetration". Thanks to God, you guys, and my W....I've come outta my funk and feel silly even being here, given the awful situations most of you find yourselves in.<P>Soooooo....lets have some suggestions for a new name for the ol Xman! Im leaning towards "Earl S" after my hero, Earl Scruggs, the greatest banjo player ever.....and whose music I have "almost" mastered after almost 30 years of trying!<P>God bless all of ya!<BR>Bill<P>PS: gotta new doc, new treatment...."things" are lookin "up" YAYYYYYYY
Posted By: Resilient Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/09/00 02:37 AM
Okay Xman,<P>How 'bout LasagnaMan?<P>Jo
Posted By: WilliamJ Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/09/00 03:41 AM
Geese mine is pretty boring...<P>My first name is William...go figure..<BR>My middle mane is John...<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR><P>May the roads rise to meet you,<BR>May the winds always be at your back,<BR>May the sun shine warm upon your face,<BR>The rains fall soft upon your fields,<BR>And until we meet again,<BR>May god hold you<BR>In the hollow of his hand.
Posted By: grandpabri2 Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/09/00 04:25 AM
Hey, Xman, how about another superhero? Maybe man of steel? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Anyway, my name is Brian and I am a grandpa, so there you go. My youngest daughter and my granddaughter were born 1 day apart (granddaughter is older).<P>Wanna see pictures?
Posted By: terri Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/09/00 04:27 AM
Mine is incredibly original and imaginative ... it's my name ... betcha couldn't guess, huh?<P>However, I didn't capitalize it ... because "Terri" just seems so ... BOLD. When I first came here, I was NOT feeling in the least bit bold. I was feeling like a whipped pup. Tail tucked between my legs and all. Hence the lowercase "t" in the beginning. Now, it just seems so much more delicate and poetic ... terri ... Like me, a delicate flower of femininity [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>OK, y'all can stop groaning now ...<P>------------------<BR>terri<BR>I can see clearly now,<BR>the rain is gone ...
Posted By: Empty Shell Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/09/00 04:54 AM
Mine should be self explanatory. . .<P>As a result of everything that has happened, I am an <B>Empty Shell</B> of a man compared to who and what I was before.<P>God Bless
Posted By: Monen Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/09/00 08:31 AM
LOL XMan! You wouldn't be the first to hold such misconceptions... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: Sheba Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/09/00 02:33 PM
Oops ES......you mistyped that!!!<P>You WERE an Empty Shell......<P>Now you are ES - which (to me) stands for Everlasting Success because you have accomplished so much within yourself and your marriage so far!!!!<P>I know that you will continue and hence the new "you"........<P>Hugs & Love Ya, and say hi to Hopeful!!<P>Sheba<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Sheba (edited July 09, 2000).]
Posted By: Gonnatry Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/09/00 03:07 PM
OK, I'll play too. Mine is rather obvious too. When I realized that my wife and I were having problems (before D-Day), I told here I would work to "fix" things. When I discovered the A, I told her I would try to give her what she needed so she wouldn't need to see him anymore (before I found MB site). I had a differnt nick in another forum location that was more negative and it was suggested to have one that described what I wanted, not what I feared to be.
Posted By: Lapeine Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/09/00 06:17 PM
Okay, I'll play. mine is actually two words. La peine - French for sorrow, grief, punishment, labor, struggle.<P>It seemed a good one word description that to fits a lot the emotions I am feeling.
Posted By: Leilana Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/09/00 09:08 PM
Thank you for solving that mystery! I've always wondered! Are you fluent?<P>The only french I know is filet mignon! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>
Posted By: Just Learning Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/09/00 09:37 PM
I'll play. I came here to learn more about my marriage and how to make it better. Interestingly, the answer was within myself.<P>So Just Learning seemed pretty appropriate.<P>Still am Just Learning too. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>JL
Posted By: new_beginning Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/09/00 09:42 PM
Just lurking today, not to be confused with Just Learning [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com], which I am too!<P>Mine is obvious too, I guess. I wanted a new beginning. It hasn't worked, so I tend to stay away from the phrase now. My life lately is more like a new start, not a new beginning.
Posted By: chick's Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/10/00 03:07 AM
Ok, Well, my H's nickname is chick and I am his so I'm "Chick's" He just didn't know I was his and he was mine until after we ended up here!<P>------------------<BR>Chick's <BR>Bren<P>You won't see things until your ready to not be blind!
Posted By: TruthSeeker Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/10/00 04:20 AM
NB,<P>But new start is just another way of saying new binning isn't it? It's not the beginning you thought it would be, but it IS a beginning.<P>
Posted By: Vee Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/10/00 04:44 AM
Mine isn't terribly interesting. I chose Vee because it's a nickname for me. My real name is Venita, so I just use Vee for short. I sign all of my notes as V, but it looks better on screen with a few more initials!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: schizzo Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/10/00 04:46 AM
I peeked in here while on my trip, just can't stay away!<P>I chose it for shizophrenic, though I was later corrected that they hear voices, while I just felt like there were at least two entirely different people living inside me.<P>While I experienced all the grief other betrayeds know only too well on top of years of not having my needs met, I also have known unbelievable euphoria as we connected in ways we never had before. But the me with the grief and lost self image didn't seem to belong there at the same time.<P>When I first signed on, two weeks after d day, I thought I was losing my grip because I would move daily in and out of these extremes. Make any sense to anyone??<P>I've been thinking of a name change, but to what?
Posted By: Lapeine Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/10/00 02:14 PM
Leilana, has there been a mystery around my name? H and I studied French in Belgium. I have a B.A. in French. Now, I used to be able to consider myself somewhat fluent, but I am afraid that I have forgotten a lot! Brussels is where H and I started dating on an exchange trip. What I wouldn't give to recreate that first kiss. I know my H wasn't thinking about anyone but me, and I still swear it was a sign that we were meant to be together. I can still look back on the romantic feelings we had. I wish he could.
Posted By: Keridwen7 Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/10/00 03:49 PM
Well...mine's kinda weird but here goes. My real name is Keri which may be derived from the name of the Celtic Goddess Cerridwen who is the Goddess of death and rebirth. Which, by the way is the way my life feels over the last 15 months. So I just changed the spelling to Keridwen and added 7 because it's my favorite number. Also, just to let you know...Cerridwen was also known as the "great [censored]-eating sow". For some reason that seems appropriate too. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>Blessed be.<BR>****************<BR>Keridwen<P>Keridwen_7@yahoo.com
Posted By: Bellevue Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/10/00 04:17 PM
I'm so glad you asked, and when I have more time I want to read the stories. One and a half pages already, really neat!<P>Gotta leave soon for the day, but briefly:<P>Bellevue was the name of an asylum for really insane people, it was in New York. I don't know if it is still running. <BR><P>------------------<BR>Belle, Domestic Goddess
Posted By: Beerman2 Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/10/00 04:46 PM
...<p>[This message has been edited by Beerman2 (edited July 02, 2001).]
Posted By: mthrrhbard Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/10/00 04:59 PM
Ok,ok, it's " Mother Hubbard" from the old nursery rhyme.I got stuck in this screen name at this time we first got our computer.We were in a big due process battle(law suit) for an appropriate education for our multiply handicapped son.At the time we were forking out $1600/month to run the educational program we were battling the school district for.Thus, I was "mother hubbard".....didn't even have a single bone in those cupboards!<P>When I came here it still seemed fitting,as I felt so very empty. My H thinks it's a good name for a band!!!!! LOL
Posted By: Mudder Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/11/00 05:58 AM
Mudder was derived from my favorite pass times, mountain biking. This activity often leads me into very muddy situations, making me a mudder.<P>Mud
Posted By: cinderella Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/10/00 06:36 PM
In the fairy tale, Cinderella didn't get treated very well - emotional abuse and neglect were what I got from my x.<P>A couple of years after x moved out a friend and I dressed up to the 9s and went to the theatre. On the way home, we stopped to play lasar tag (Bear in mind that I had on heels and a strapless pink taffeta party dress). During the game, I heard the other players calling me Cinderella and I saw the parallels between the story and my life.<P>Just as Cinderella transformed, so did I. Only God was with me - not a fairy godmother.<P>And one day I may find a real Prince Charming.
Posted By: Butterfly Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/10/00 06:49 PM
Count me in....<P>This is my 2nd user name. My first was DawnD... short for Dawnetta and D my last initial (at the time). *Boooooringgggg* [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I reregistered as Butterfly because of all the changes (positive changes) I was/am going through... I was finally coming out of my cacoon of darkness and starting to spread my wings. I found my inner beauty, and was ready to fly on my own. <P>That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!<BR>Butterfly [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: Leilana Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/10/00 06:59 PM
Faith,Hope,Love, Energizer Bunny, loveWASblind=lwb:<P>I get frustrated having to type my UserName<BR>over and over again to post--but you guys have the longest UserNames here. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]!<P>You must be just about ready for carpal tunnel surgery!!!<P>Any regrets?<P>
Posted By: swiz Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/10/00 07:36 PM
it's my NT machine name at work! s is first initial (Steve) wiz is a short "version" of my last name.
Posted By: ohmy_marie Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/10/00 11:17 PM
Ok, I'll play....<P>Marie is my name...the OH MY part comes from reading other's stories/opinions/outcomes. Sometimes, I can't help but GASP and say, OH MY! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: HurtButCoping Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/11/00 02:45 AM
I'll bet you all can guess why I chose my name...<P>Actually, I chose it after D-day #1 (the PA) but before I knew about any of the other little bombshells that have been dropped in the past seven months. Some days I just want to sign in "Hurting" and others "Coping". I'm hoping one day I'll want to change it to "HappyAgain."<P>I think if I had had an inkling of what was in store I would have chosen "AAACK!" instead.<P>I'm glad you started this thread, peppermint. I kept wondering if your name was patty...<P>All the best. --HBC
Posted By: timtam Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/11/00 04:47 AM
Another player. Mine is my nick. Its also the most irresisible chocolate covered biscuit here in the land down under.Bit like me ha ha. Im actually sitting here now munching on them mmmmmmmm<p>[This message has been edited by timtam (edited July 10, 2000).]
Posted By: trying2_4give Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/11/00 02:19 PM
I guess i don't need any explanation for my name. But I do feel like I may soon be changing it to "4given". [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] things are going very well.
Posted By: Alberta Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/11/00 02:22 PM
Well, mine's not very inventive either - I happen to live in the province of Alberta!
Posted By: Shine Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/12/00 05:39 AM
My name is SHINE because growing up my mother always told me that I shined. I even had strangers tell me that. My mom recently told me that I seemed to have lost my shine. My husband and I are going through hard times right now. He has cheated on me and now I have cheated on him. We are tring to work things out, but is very hard! The trust is gone. I want to shine agian. So I picked that name.
Posted By: trustntruth Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/12/00 05:45 AM
I felt I couldn't trust my husband without the truth.... so I have this name - how I felt. Now I've learned you can trust without truth, and there is a difference between trust and trustworthiness, and the truth as a condition to trust isn't necessary. Early on - when I joined MB, lovebusting at first wasn't a problem. But an empty lovebank in plan A for quite a while, landed me lovebusting too often. A friend from MB (cl) started calling me TNT. So, that is who I am.<P>I went anonymous for a little while and called myself "Mrs. Mush for Brains." I was married to a man that had brains of mush. Well, that was derogatory - [censored] suggested that I change it, and I liked trustntruth so I went back to trustntruth. <P>You can call me TNT, tnt, "TnT" - or T.N.T. Sometimes that is more fitting.<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: BamaAngst Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/11/00 06:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HurtButCoping:<BR><B>I think if I had had an inkling of what was in store I would have chosen "AAACK!" instead.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I had to really grin at this one!!! <P>Anyway, I chose mine because (a) I'm in Alabama and (b) felt torn in two after D-Day #1 (torn between anger and pain, which I think we all are).<P>
I wanted a name that NO ONE COULD USE to identify me. I have a number of "screen names" elsewhere, mostly related to my E-mail addresses or writing projects.<P>When I came here, I was in "I can't believe this is happening to me" mode -- hence, "Dazed and Confused."
Posted By: dragantraces Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/11/00 07:05 PM
Long time ago I had thought of doing my own desktop publishing/graphics business. I wanted a really different name, but one that had relevance to my work. I knew the word "traces" would be in there, since it has the drawing connotation and also means reins. (I envisioned some kind of beautiful animal with reins - Artistry Controlled or some such.) I dragged out the dictionary and the Roget's. Dragan is German for drawing and, obviously, nearly homophonous with dragon. I developed a logo which incorporated a dragonfly (this was long before they were all over everything!) with a delicate harness and reins. Never used any of it, though. I had owned a business previously and decided that I really didn't like how confining it was. Still, I liked the word and the logo, so…
Posted By: firestorm Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/12/00 02:31 AM
Since my W started this I will add mine. I am a firefighter and having been in different "fire" situations I chose a name based on one of the worst situations you can face in a fire. A firestorm is the intense heat and wind associated with a forest fire. If ever caught in one it is like total hell coming from all directions. That was much like my life when I joined the MB site. You just feel like you life is about to end. I havn't posted in a while but have enjoyed this post. Thanks peppermint for starting this one. That IS the nickname I used to call her when we were dating. It was after the Peanuts character Peppermint Patty. <P>Thanks to all that have added their stories.
Posted By: NewMan Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/13/00 01:15 AM
NewMan is name of the only magazine to which I subscribe. It is also what I have become since my transformation through Christ began ten years ago. It is also what I aspire to become....every day....a new and improved man.
Posted By: magoskid Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/13/00 03:26 AM
My kids call my mom "Mago" - the first one couldnt say grandma and mago stuck. I am mago's kid.
Posted By: periwinkle Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/13/00 02:20 PM
When I made up my name was not feeling very clever and just tried to think of something nice in the midst of so much pain and ugliness. Periwinkle is my favorite color - it is so so pretty.
Posted By: RWD Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/13/00 08:19 PM
Mine are my initials. I guess I need an imagination transplant!!! I guess that runs in my family. All my uncles have either Robert or William in their names. I am a Jr. also.<P>
Posted By: Sir Hurts Alot Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/13/00 10:28 PM
I've been a way for a while, but this caught my eye so I'll play. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Let's see, when I first came here to pick a user name I thought to myself "How do I feel?" Well, I sure hurt a lot. My mind started spinning with names but the one that stood out was "Sir Hurts Alot". It reminded me of a valiant and noble knight ready to slay the dragon of infidelity. <P>I'm happy to say the dragon has been beaten into submission and is gasping for it's final breath. My princess is allowing me to sweep her off her feet once again as she realizes her prince was not dead but that he simply dropped his sword and lost his focus. <P>God Bless, <P>SHA<P>------------------<BR>There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.
Posted By: catnip Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/15/00 02:20 PM
When I came here in May 99, the rejection from my husband wounded me to the core. I remembered an old boyfriend had told me that I attracted men like catnip attracts cats. I was so flattered. <P>My name is also in memory of my beloved, extraordinary cat who completely loved me and never abandoned me. He was a huge orange tabby with a ringed tail with yellow eyes, part of his ear missing and a scar across his nose. He was the smartest cat that ever lived and I still miss him after all these years.<P>Catnip =^^= <p>[This message has been edited by catnip (edited July 18, 2000).]
Posted By: yes_dup8 Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/15/00 06:30 PM
Well, far be it from this oldtimer to miss out on a post like this one.<P>I originally chose my name because I'm a proud Texan. However, the name came to mean a lot more to me. It symbolizes how I felt when I found out about Petunia's affair -- alone. Now, the "star" part sort of exemplifies how I feel about the way we've been able to recover -- I feel like a superstar! This has unquestionably been the biggest victory of my life!<P>How are all of y'all doing? Been a while since I poked my head in here!<BR><P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P>
Posted By: cinderella Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/17/00 06:44 PM
I chose mine because who I am is not who I used to be. Although I didn't have a fairy godmother to transform me (unless my therapist counts), I have gone from being so emotionally abused and with such low self-esteem to being a woman who knows that she is not only a good woman but, further, she is a "very fine" woman.<P>If I were going to write a book on co-dependency I would entitle it either, "Why Cinderella Couldn't Leave" or "Cinderella Was Codependent".<P>Found the name fit me one night when a friend and I went out for girls' night. We dressed up (to the nines) and after the play we saw, we stopped to play lasar tag. There we were in our expensive "theatre going" clothes with our "combat gear" strapped on. Halfway through the game, I heard people calling "Cinderella" though they had no idea what name I was playing under and I knew they meant me (the woman in the strapless pink taffeta dress). At that precise moment I saw the parallels to my life. <BR>
Posted By: theo Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/17/00 07:09 PM
sorry I'm late; I hang out at divorced/divorcing mostly....<P> 'theo' is a nickname I've had since I was around 8yo...a big goofy kid in the neighborhood always thought I was brainy ('cause I wore glasses maybe), so he nicknamed me 'theodore' from Alvin & the Chipmunks; actually, Simon was the brainy one who wore glasses, but it stuck anyway, primarily with close friends....<P> it's the name a friend used when she introduced me to my wife in '87 and has called me that ever since (even now...post D-Day...4 months later....almost hate hearing it coming from her now...)....<P>*sigh*<P>
Posted By: Samantha * Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/17/00 10:28 PM
Great thread Peppermint,<P>Well, my isn't too imaginative either. When I first came here I was Samantha-MI. Obviously from Michigan. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>After one of the many times I had to reformat my computer, or was it when they played around with the site once? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I couldn't access my name. I thought and thought about a new one? Decided that even through all the pain that I was really "A blessed Samantha" so hence came the name.<P>Samantha isn't really my name, it is one I used at work. I worked an answering service and we never gave our real names. So, periodically I would be asked and would pull different names out of the air. After a while I seemed stuck on Samantha. When I registered with Yahoo, I picked Samantha_MI, so naturally when I came to this site and was such a mess, I couldn't think of anything that fit or I liked.<P>Oh yeah, I don't use my real name because 3 years ago when we got the computer I promised my husband that I would not use my real name. Didn't know he was having an affair at the time. Can't imagine now why he even cared if I used my name? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Some of the people here know my real name. They are extremely special to me. Mostly I try to keep the promise I made to my husband.<P>My screen name on AOL is Samantha7x70. (E-mail me or message me any time) That comes from the bible. It is the amount of times that the Lord Jesus says we should forgive someone. I think he figured if we got up that high we'd forget what number of times we had forgiven someone and that forgiveness would be part of our nature by then. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>That about sums it up. Like I said not very imaginative. I will have to say though that I am very blessed by God. My husband and I are into recovery and doing very well. I got a second chance here on this earth to stay with the man God gave me, not to mention all the other blessings I have. Like all the wonderful people here. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Love to one and all! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR><B>God bless you and all of us. We are all going to make it, all of us! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] With God on our side we can't lose! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] What God has joined together let no man put asunder. <P>Samantha</B><P><p>[This message has been edited by A blessed Samantha (edited July 17, 2000).]
Posted By: happy_girl Re: Why did you choose your username? - 07/18/00 06:22 AM
well, i don't come here to the general board to much, usually hang out at the pregnancy/child board. anyway, i picked mine because i used to always be the person everyone came to when they wanted to be cheered up, i always had a smile. and i hope that positive thinking will keep me smiling most of the time thru out this ordeal!! we are what we think we are, so i am a happy girl...<P>------------------<BR>happy_girl
© Marriage Builders® Forums