Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
T
I felt I couldn't trust my husband without the truth.... so I have this name - how I felt. Now I've learned you can trust without truth, and there is a difference between trust and trustworthiness, and the truth as a condition to trust isn't necessary. Early on - when I joined MB, lovebusting at first wasn't a problem. But an empty lovebank in plan A for quite a while, landed me lovebusting too often. A friend from MB (cl) started calling me TNT. So, that is who I am.<P>I went anonymous for a little while and called myself "Mrs. Mush for Brains." I was married to a man that had brains of mush. Well, that was derogatory - [censored] suggested that I change it, and I liked trustntruth so I went back to trustntruth. <P>You can call me TNT, tnt, "TnT" - or T.N.T. Sometimes that is more fitting.<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

B
B
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HurtButCoping:<BR><B>I think if I had had an inkling of what was in store I would have chosen "AAACK!" instead.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I had to really grin at this one!!! <P>Anyway, I chose mine because (a) I'm in Alabama and (b) felt torn in two after D-Day #1 (torn between anger and pain, which I think we all are).<P>

D
D
I wanted a name that NO ONE COULD USE to identify me. I have a number of "screen names" elsewhere, mostly related to my E-mail addresses or writing projects.<P>When I came here, I was in "I can't believe this is happening to me" mode -- hence, "Dazed and Confused."

D
D
Long time ago I had thought of doing my own desktop publishing/graphics business. I wanted a really different name, but one that had relevance to my work. I knew the word "traces" would be in there, since it has the drawing connotation and also means reins. (I envisioned some kind of beautiful animal with reins - Artistry Controlled or some such.) I dragged out the dictionary and the Roget's. Dragan is German for drawing and, obviously, nearly homophonous with dragon. I developed a logo which incorporated a dragonfly (this was long before they were all over everything!) with a delicate harness and reins. Never used any of it, though. I had owned a business previously and decided that I really didn't like how confining it was. Still, I liked the word and the logo, so…

F
F
Since my W started this I will add mine. I am a firefighter and having been in different "fire" situations I chose a name based on one of the worst situations you can face in a fire. A firestorm is the intense heat and wind associated with a forest fire. If ever caught in one it is like total hell coming from all directions. That was much like my life when I joined the MB site. You just feel like you life is about to end. I havn't posted in a while but have enjoyed this post. Thanks peppermint for starting this one. That IS the nickname I used to call her when we were dating. It was after the Peanuts character Peppermint Patty. <P>Thanks to all that have added their stories.

N
N
NewMan is name of the only magazine to which I subscribe. It is also what I have become since my transformation through Christ began ten years ago. It is also what I aspire to become....every day....a new and improved man.

M
M
My kids call my mom "Mago" - the first one couldnt say grandma and mago stuck. I am mago's kid.

P
P
When I made up my name was not feeling very clever and just tried to think of something nice in the midst of so much pain and ugliness. Periwinkle is my favorite color - it is so so pretty.

R
RWD Offline
R
Mine are my initials. I guess I need an imagination transplant!!! I guess that runs in my family. All my uncles have either Robert or William in their names. I am a Jr. also.<P>

S
S
I've been a way for a while, but this caught my eye so I'll play. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Let's see, when I first came here to pick a user name I thought to myself "How do I feel?" Well, I sure hurt a lot. My mind started spinning with names but the one that stood out was "Sir Hurts Alot". It reminded me of a valiant and noble knight ready to slay the dragon of infidelity. <P>I'm happy to say the dragon has been beaten into submission and is gasping for it's final breath. My princess is allowing me to sweep her off her feet once again as she realizes her prince was not dead but that he simply dropped his sword and lost his focus. <P>God Bless, <P>SHA<P>------------------<BR>There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.

C
C
When I came here in May 99, the rejection from my husband wounded me to the core. I remembered an old boyfriend had told me that I attracted men like catnip attracts cats. I was so flattered. <P>My name is also in memory of my beloved, extraordinary cat who completely loved me and never abandoned me. He was a huge orange tabby with a ringed tail with yellow eyes, part of his ear missing and a scar across his nose. He was the smartest cat that ever lived and I still miss him after all these years.<P>Catnip =^^= <p>[This message has been edited by catnip (edited July 18, 2000).]

Y
Y
Well, far be it from this oldtimer to miss out on a post like this one.<P>I originally chose my name because I'm a proud Texan. However, the name came to mean a lot more to me. It symbolizes how I felt when I found out about Petunia's affair -- alone. Now, the "star" part sort of exemplifies how I feel about the way we've been able to recover -- I feel like a superstar! This has unquestionably been the biggest victory of my life!<P>How are all of y'all doing? Been a while since I poked my head in here!<BR><P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P>

C
C
I chose mine because who I am is not who I used to be. Although I didn't have a fairy godmother to transform me (unless my therapist counts), I have gone from being so emotionally abused and with such low self-esteem to being a woman who knows that she is not only a good woman but, further, she is a "very fine" woman.<P>If I were going to write a book on co-dependency I would entitle it either, "Why Cinderella Couldn't Leave" or "Cinderella Was Codependent".<P>Found the name fit me one night when a friend and I went out for girls' night. We dressed up (to the nines) and after the play we saw, we stopped to play lasar tag. There we were in our expensive "theatre going" clothes with our "combat gear" strapped on. Halfway through the game, I heard people calling "Cinderella" though they had no idea what name I was playing under and I knew they meant me (the woman in the strapless pink taffeta dress). At that precise moment I saw the parallels to my life. <BR>

T
T
sorry I'm late; I hang out at divorced/divorcing mostly....<P> 'theo' is a nickname I've had since I was around 8yo...a big goofy kid in the neighborhood always thought I was brainy ('cause I wore glasses maybe), so he nicknamed me 'theodore' from Alvin & the Chipmunks; actually, Simon was the brainy one who wore glasses, but it stuck anyway, primarily with close friends....<P> it's the name a friend used when she introduced me to my wife in '87 and has called me that ever since (even now...post D-Day...4 months later....almost hate hearing it coming from her now...)....<P>*sigh*<P>

S
S
Great thread Peppermint,<P>Well, my isn't too imaginative either. When I first came here I was Samantha-MI. Obviously from Michigan. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>After one of the many times I had to reformat my computer, or was it when they played around with the site once? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I couldn't access my name. I thought and thought about a new one? Decided that even through all the pain that I was really "A blessed Samantha" so hence came the name.<P>Samantha isn't really my name, it is one I used at work. I worked an answering service and we never gave our real names. So, periodically I would be asked and would pull different names out of the air. After a while I seemed stuck on Samantha. When I registered with Yahoo, I picked Samantha_MI, so naturally when I came to this site and was such a mess, I couldn't think of anything that fit or I liked.<P>Oh yeah, I don't use my real name because 3 years ago when we got the computer I promised my husband that I would not use my real name. Didn't know he was having an affair at the time. Can't imagine now why he even cared if I used my name? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Some of the people here know my real name. They are extremely special to me. Mostly I try to keep the promise I made to my husband.<P>My screen name on AOL is Samantha7x70. (E-mail me or message me any time) That comes from the bible. It is the amount of times that the Lord Jesus says we should forgive someone. I think he figured if we got up that high we'd forget what number of times we had forgiven someone and that forgiveness would be part of our nature by then. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>That about sums it up. Like I said not very imaginative. I will have to say though that I am very blessed by God. My husband and I are into recovery and doing very well. I got a second chance here on this earth to stay with the man God gave me, not to mention all the other blessings I have. Like all the wonderful people here. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Love to one and all! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR><B>God bless you and all of us. We are all going to make it, all of us! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] With God on our side we can't lose! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] What God has joined together let no man put asunder. <P>Samantha</B><P><p>[This message has been edited by A blessed Samantha (edited July 17, 2000).]

H
H
well, i don't come here to the general board to much, usually hang out at the pregnancy/child board. anyway, i picked mine because i used to always be the person everyone came to when they wanted to be cheered up, i always had a smile. and i hope that positive thinking will keep me smiling most of the time thru out this ordeal!! we are what we think we are, so i am a happy girl...<P>------------------<BR>happy_girl

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation