Marriage Builders
Posted By: MEDIC238 Hey Gina!!! Wanna get Married next year? - 04/11/02 03:29 AM
Hey G!!!<p>I was trying to think of a special way to ask you to marry me and seeing as thou we met on the boards... I thought I would ask you to marry me on the boards. Ya see my train of thought here? [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>You doing anything special maybe... next April?<p>If not, I would like you to become my W. That is if your not busy.<p>I am here on bended knee [ok, so I'm sitting criss cross apple sause in my chair, but the intent is still there]<p>Love you, Tim
Sorry for butting in, but is this for real?
Dawn
This is very for real. She is trying to figure out her password. It's been a long time since she posted. <p>I did meet her on the boards and we just clicked. I flew down to Arkansas last May and drove the Ryder truck up here [Pennsy] with all her possesions, her two children and the soccer mom's van it tow. She bought a house less than half a mile from my place and we are very much in love.
That is awesome, I am so happy for both of you and ask for God's Blessings for you both as you start on this new life together. If you have been on this site you know all about the concepts and I am sure have learned to have a happy marriage this go around.<p>God's speed.<p>Dawn [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Geeez Gina, <p>Hurry up and figure out your password, wouldya?<p>Congrats in advance -- 'cause who wouldn't want to marry the Pinhead? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]
Hey Dawn,<p>Thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers. Yes, we have know each other for over two years thanks to the boards. She flew up here back in November of 2000 for a Thanksgiving feast at my friends home. Everyone takes an immediate liking to her, even my Mother [ that and my Mom doesn't even like me]<p>Everything is great. Her kids get along with my kids. Brady bunch minus two kids and the maid, here we are. <p>And of course there is one of the greats, Sheryl<p>You have put up with me for such a long time. Wanna be the flower girl?<p>Thanks Tim [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
I'll sing! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]
Alright, I saw a "Lil Cookie" register, and anyone knows that G's second name was "Lil Cookie"... so c'mon girl... [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Flower girl, eh? Can I wear a headpiece with bells on it? If so, then I'll consider it!! LOL<p>I **think** Gina might have **something** to say about that one!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I'm dying from suspense here...
Hey I do flowers and use to be a wedding cordinater!!<p>If nothing else how bout a live web site as you say the I do's? Sounds like you have some friends here that would like to be in attendance!!<p>Dawn [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Hey Sheryl,<p>Is that all you're going to wear? That may just possibly distract from the wedding vows. Man, you California girls are something else. David Lee Roth was right. <p>And... Dawn, <p>Are you offering to be the web cam operator?
Hey Handsome!!<p> My nickname for Tim. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

I have been sitting here trying to put in words how much you mean to me, and how to respond to this.
I am speechless...geesh, when have you known me to have a loss for words?? <p> You are the most thoughtful, sweetest, caring, man I have ever met! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

YES!! I will marry you! April sounds great!<p> Your legs starting to hurt?? That criss-cross apple sause can be a killer! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p> I love you too!<p> G
<sniff><p>TEARS!!<p>See, I KNEW Congrats would be in order!!!!!<p> [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]
Hey G,<p>I thought you were waiting for a better offer. You being Zippette using that "I can't remember my password gig" Ok, so it's a date<p>Sheryl will be the naked flower girl and Dawn will be the co-odinater/planner/flower getter person and Scruff will be the ring bear [ Scruff is my childhood teddy bear, get it? ring bearer?]<p>Miss you Snuggle bunny, I should have the ambulance ready by Friday.
Sheryl,

Thanks Sheryl, Your right, who wouldn't want to marry the Pinhead, Zippy the Pinhead is the BEST!<p> I am very blessed, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank god for this special man.<p> G [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Tim,<p> What? me wait for a better offer....there isn't such a thing. Your the best! <p> Sheryl?.....naked.....um....." I don't think so Tim". LOL...gosh, I just love saying that.
Yes, I am a "Tool Time" fan. Love the show.
I know you all are kidding. We can talk about the details later, still trying to soak this all up. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p> Thank you Sheryl and Dawn!

G [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
I never said nekkid!<p>Bells, yes, naked no!!!<p>Big Hugs you two!!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]
mmmm....me and computer stuff don't get along well, I have a hard time posting on here. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>So were is it this wedding is going to take place?<p>Dawn
Opps!!!!!!!<p>Dopey Me!!!!!!<p>
AND, we have a vocalist!!!<p>Didn't want to miss Ladysing. Sorry, me bad.
Oh yeah I have all the supplies to make those little rose mint thingys!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]
Hey Dawn,<p>Sorry for the delay. We are in the Lehigh Valley about 60 miles north of Philly in the south east corner of Pennsy.<p>You close by? I'm an old timer with memory loss and too many things on my mind. My head hurts!!!
Posted By: Orchid Re: Hey Gina!!! Wanna get Married next year? - 04/11/02 06:28 AM
Hi Medic and Gina,<p>Congratulations are definitely in order for the 2 of U!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I'd like to send a 'touch of Aloha' to your wedding. <p>The Hawaiian Wedding Song:<p>This is the moment,
I've waited for....<p>I can hear my heart singing,
Soon bells will be ringing.....<p>This is the moment....
Of sweet aloha....<p>(cough, cough, I can't sing those high notes...) [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Wishing you both the best. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>L.
Hey u guys!!! What awesome news! Congratulations from far far away...Don't tell 2 many of us where the do is at we may just all turn up!!! Wesring a little more than a headress I might add! hee hee. All jokin aside it's just wonderful to hear of some happiness on here & I wish you both a wonderful future together...
Congratulations Medic and Gina!<p>I just LOVE love! Best wishes on a long, happy, MB life together. And thanks for letting US be a part of this special beginning!<p>Love to you both,<p>Peppermint<p>*Sheryl, is it too soon to begin planning the bachlorette party?<p>BTW GINA, since you are a HOME IMPROVEMENT fan, please help me out. Trivia game the other night, the question was to name the Taylor's three sons. I KNOW they are Brad, Randy, and some other one. Who is the other one? Thanks!
Oh guys, this is so sweet! Restores my faith.<p>Sheryl can wear clothes, but I like to be nekkid. I even volunteer to take the video of the wedding night. ACTION!<p>Elizabeth
Very cool you two! Im so happy for you! <p>I think this calls for a group hug [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] (As long as eveyone in the group is wearing clothes...) <p>PA eh? Happy wedding congratz from down in maryland!<p>*CHEEEERS!!!*
-HI
Posted By: Faith1 Re: Hey Gina!!! Wanna get Married next year? - 04/11/02 02:13 PM
wowwweeeee!!!! I wanna join the group hug (with clothes on!!) [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Congrats!!! What a way to start my day - reading this!<p> [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I'll come and play the flute at your wedding. k? Sounds like it's all coming together!
That's ok, I like to watch. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>You guys have made my day.
Posted By: kam6318 Re: Hey Gina!!! Wanna get Married next year? - 04/11/02 02:30 PM
Hey Gina! Hey Zippy...<p>Congrats! You guys are both so sweet & funny...couldn't happen to two nicer people.<p>Hugs--<p>Kathi
I was just thinking if one DID invide MB people to a wedding, what would all the place cards say?<p>Table 1
Mr and Mrs: Medic238
Table 2:
Daybreak, New-Beginning, ladysing, Orchid ...and so on.<p>
The print would think its a big Hippie wedding or something [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>-HI
Gina and Zippy,<p>Congratulations. Somehow, one wouldn't expect any other form of proposal from Zippy. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] Nicely done you two.<p>God Bless,<p>JL
Awwwwwwwe! I'm all welled up in tears.<p>This was very sweet and appropo for how you two met.<p>Congratulations Gina and Pinhead!<p>Love,
Jo
Dear Tim & Gina,<p>I just wanted to congratulate you both. Gina, I know how hard you are willing to work on your marriage. Tim, this is a very special girl; be good to her or I will seriously consider driving to Penn and inflicting serious bodily harm upon you (ha ha).<p>Keep meeting each others' needs, and always agree that if one of you wants counseling, the other will go.
[img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] Yahhhhh Hooooo!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>What wonderful news! My best to both of you!
Posted By: lostva Re: Hey Gina!!! Wanna get Married next year? - 04/11/02 08:33 PM
Crying, laughing, whooping and hollering and doing the traditional naked happy dance! (Where's Dylan when you need her???????)<p>Oh, you guys, I'm so happy for both of you. We wish you happiness and peace and a lifetime of love and laughter!<p>Way to go, Zippy!!!!!!<p>Oh, my, I'm just a boo-hooing down here!!! I picked a great day to check in, huh?<p>Love, lots of love,<p>Lori
Posted By: jdmac1 Re: Hey Gina!!! Wanna get Married next year? - 04/11/02 08:37 PM
OH HAPPY DAY....Congratulations to the both of you.<p> Damn-it, and I said I was through with crying. And me a southern redneck....lol.<p> Tim and Gina, I am so happy for you that I cannot find the words...I am glad I checked MB today. Always wanted to take a trip up north...hint hint.<p> Best of luck to you.<p> jd
Although I'm fairly new compared to most here, I want to offer my congratulations. <p>Tim and Gina, you deserve happiness and a life of love. The Pope at my nephews confirmation said the following about marriages:<p>When I ask people the question of why you are getting married;<p>If they say because I want him/her to make me happy for the rest of my life - I know this marriage won't last.<p>But, if they say because I want to make him/her happy for the rest of THEIR life - I know it will last.<p>So, happiness to you both! Take care and best of luck in your new life together.
Posted By: nikko Re: Hey Gina!!! Wanna get Married next year? - 04/11/02 10:08 PM
dear medic and gina-<p>congrats to you both, i am so happy for you.<p>ive got it figured out- we can have the batchelor/batchelorette down in seaside this summer!!!<p>if your taking volunteers-i cook up a storm.
i also do hair, well i do more than hair, i work for one of the biggest spa's around. i also realized we are neighbors-about 20 min away.<p>good luck to both of you-who am i kidding, its not luck and we all know it. you guys have the principals and should do great!!
Posted By: cl Re: Hey Gina!!! Wanna get Married next year? - 04/12/02 12:55 AM
[img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Ahhhh, this just brings tears to my eyes!!!
Aloha, cl
All I can say is ..........WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!<p> [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Congrats to you both and my wishes for a long and happy life together!<p>Desiree
Posted By: Mitzi Re: Hey Gina!!! Wanna get Married next year? - 04/12/02 03:50 AM
Zippy and Zippette,<p>What can I say?? I was there when Gina was throwing herself at Tim and he was playing hard to get! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] Whoda thunk it?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>You know you two have my blessings. And my best wishes for all the love and happiness you both deserve!<p>Hey! Why don't you just do like I did and run off to Vegas? It's nice, nobody is gonna be bothering you on your honeymoon and you might become a slot machine king and queen and hit the jackpot!! LOL LOL <p>GINA,<p>Lots of luck being a step-mom. You've got it made since Tim II is older! LOL Try becoming a step-mom to 5 and 6 year old boys! Seriously though, it's been great so far.<p>Lots of love to you guys,
Mitzi, Terry, Kyle, Dylan, Luke, Brady and Noah [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]
Hey Gang!!!<p>Me again<p>Orchid!!!<p>OUCH, watch those high notes, ya scared the dog.<p>Yo wrungout,<p>Don't tell too many? I want everyone to know the great news. Ok, so you will be wearing a headress and a smile?<p>Peppermint [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>You guys were all here thru out our trials and tribulations on the boards and we both appreciate all the great advice and support. Neither of our M's succeeded, but, we did have the good forune of meeting here. Guess it's true about the when a door closes a window opens... or something like that.
Oh and BTW... it's Mark. I had to ask my kid.<p>Um Elizabeth,<p>A cool naked chick with a camera? Count me in!! Youre hired!!!<p>Hi HangingIn,<p>Group hug with clothes on.... um.... ok. Hey you are close enough to come too. I like the place card gig.<p>Yo Faith,<p>Another group hugger with clothes on. Glad to have started the day off well for ya [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] Ok, let me write this down... one flute player. This **is** really starting to fall into place now.<p>Hi Kam,<p>Thanks so much [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Hey JL,<p>I gotta be me, I thought it would be the ultimate Zippy method.<p>Hello Jo,<p>So, I did good?<p>Um, John<p>Believe me I won't mess up on this M. [She won't let me [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] ] There was a reason we linked up here.
So... no need to drive up here unless you want to attend the W.<p>Hey Ragamuffin,<p>Thanks for the well wishes.<p>LORI!!!!<p>Another naked person, or well two more if Dylan shows up. I think you picked the perfect day to check in.<p>JD!!!!<p>Hey ya southern redneck. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] This could be another chapter in your book. Hint hint. Hey you are more than welcome to come up and be a part of our wonderful day. <p>Hi Tutter,<p>That Pope is pretty swift. I always think of G first. <p>Yes Nikko,<p>We are right across the river from each other. G was thinking of getting M at the beach.<p>CL!!!<p>Look what I did!!! Not bad, huh?<p>Des,<p>Yep, believe it or not. Zippy did well.<p>I, we, want to thank all for the best wishes and congrats. Something great came out of MB once again. We are using the tools that we learned here.<p>Once again, thanks to all. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Youre hired!!!<p>Ask Gina first, gotta go with the POJA on this one. And, no charge. This ones on the house!
I've actually met Tim and Gina - at a 3 day hot tub party I organized for a group of MBers. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Congratulations, friends. I had a feeling this was going to happen - thought so for quite a while. I couldn't be happier for you.<p>I knew in January 2001 that they were crazy --- for each other, that is.<p>So, can I be the photographer? I've shot a couple of weddings. Or I can direct it - a bit different, in my opinion, from coordinating it. Get to boss everyone around - tell them where to stand, etc. I used to sale wedding gowns so I bet I am the only one here who used to go to weddings as part of her job - deliver dresses, get the women dressed, launch the bride down the aisle.<p>I want a job at the wedding!!!!
And speaking of weddings, how is life treating you, Mitzi?
This is an awesome thread! I am SO GLAD I peeked inside. I really did think it was just a joke and with everybody in a big uproar over some "perceived" flirting on the EN board recently, I wondered, should I or shouldn't I read...<p>OMIGOSH! I am so happy that I decided to read! What a thrill for you two. CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait to tell my hubby--an MBer but doesn't post. He will NOT believe it and I'm sure he will share your joy as do I! WOW!
When my H comes out for breakfast this a.m., I'm going to say, "Honey, guess what?! MEDIC238 proposed to Lil'Cookie on the MB forum and she said YES!" I can even predict what he will say and I quote, "GET OUT!" And I'm going to say yes, that's right, can you believe it? Then he will ask me about the screennames and if I remember correctly MEDIC, you are a paramedic, right??? Anyways, congratulations with all my heart! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: Faith1 Re: Hey Gina!!! Wanna get Married next year? - 04/12/02 02:30 PM
Some Wedding Advice for the happy couple.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Jack was going to be married to Jill, so his father sat him down for a little fireside chat.<p>"Jack, let me tell you something. On my wedding night in our honeymoon suite, I took off my pants and handed them to your mother, and said, "Here, try these on."<p>So, she did and said: "These are too big, I can't wear them.'" So I replied: "Exactly. I wear the pants in this family and always will." Ever since that night we have never had any problems."<p>Jack thought that might be a good thing to try. So on his honeymoon he took
off his pants and said to Jill: "Here try these on." She did and said:
"These are too large, they don't fit me." So Jack said: "Exactly. I wear the pants in this family and I always will, and I don't want you to ever forget that."<p>Then Jill removed her pants, handed them to Jack and said: "Here, you try on mine." He tried and said: "I can't get into your pants." So she said: "Exactly. And if you don't change your attitude, you never will."<p> [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p> [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] ok ok... NOT so good advice... stick to the MB principles!!
Posted By: nikko Re: Hey Gina!!! Wanna get Married next year? - 04/12/02 07:13 PM
you will all laugh at this---i told hubby this morning about the proposal, and he at first thought it was so sweet to do it online and all. then i saw his face change--he all of a sudden realized they must have been married to others before they met here.(I know, hes not the quickest, but i love him!!!) he got this unsure look on his face. i think he's worried about me now!!! i had to leave the room as not to laugh in front of him. yeah, im putting myself through all this just to by time to meet someone else here!! it made me smile.
Oh well, I was wrong about my H's response to this terrific news. He didn't say, "GET OUT!" He said, "Reeeeallly?" in almost a whispering voice. It was so cute. He was impressed tho. Good luck to you guys! May you live long and prosper and be in health and enjoy your lives together! I almost feel like you should hurry up and get married already so you can just let all the fun and MBing (work) BEGIN! YAY!
Posted By: Mitzi Re: Hey Gina!!! Wanna get Married next year? - 04/13/02 03:33 AM
Hey Cinderella,<p>So far, life has been treating me great! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>So much has happened over the past 2 years that I'm amazed I've made it to this point! Life couldn't be better! If someone had told me that I could ever be this happy, I would have laughed in their face. <p>Being a step-mom has been a little bit of a challenge but overall it's been good. It's a big change going from a family of 1 adult and 3 boys to a family of 2 adults and 5 boys. But we're working thru everything and there's a lot of communicating! LOL LOL Seriously though, I've brought everything I learned from MB and all of you terrific people into my marriage. We talk about everything and make sure we spend our 15 hours a week together (which is difficult since we work at different times of the day and have different days off during the week.) But even if it's going to the market by ourselves, it's time we can spend together and we make the most of it. The honeymoon is definately not over yet! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>So how are you? [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Mitzi [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Hi Mitzi, <p>I was gonna ask how married life is treating you! You sound WONDERFUL!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Hey Medic and Gina,<p>How are you two kids doing about now? Has the afterglow of this thread worn off yet? [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] Didn't think so...<p>Just checking in!!<p>Hugs all!!!!!
Mitzi - life is ok.<p>x is bigger stupid jerk every day. In more ways than one. I do wish him and w#2 great happiness. That way, maybe he'll be happier in general. 'Cause he ain't never gonna get a mirror so he can see his faults. (Yup, that means he was ugly again.)<p>Have a new job. Don't like it. Am really struggling. Don't think the boss likes me. I can't figure out why I'm struggling so much. Kind of worried about lasting 3 more months till I'm off probation. But now I've been there 3 months so I can polish up that resume and start hunting.<p>Got LDR friend. Far enough away that we don't see each other often so it's hard to get serious. That's a good thing, I think.<p>Children and I are healthy. I survived a respiratory virus/infection. <p>Son is going through a difficult phase. Second grade. I remember my daughter being very difficult in second grade. Maybe that's all it is. Got his tuition scholarship response today. Maybe the tuition fairy can drop 2 grand down my chimney. I don't care if it is a great award I got, I still don't have $3500 in ten equal payments. Comeon, I work at an entry level job in state government. A job i had, literally, 20 years ago. <p>But, the bills are paid, there is a roof over our heads, our tummies are filled, and the cats are both fixed. <p>It's not a bad life.<p> ZIPPY AND GINA <p>Did I get the 35 mm still photography job? Do you want color or black and white. Or a mix.
Please tell me you meant $350.00 in 10 equal payments! Do they dip the kids in gold before putting them on the bus? Man, I'm lucky if I can let Chris get the Scholastic books when the order form comes home.<p>Second grade is a tough one. I don't know why. Glad to hear it isn't just Chris.<p>May I suggest a nice mix of b&w and color? Some traditional, some artsy.<p>Gina and Zippy,
I'm still the naked video girl right? Do you want me with pasties and a g string, or do the laws in your state allow for plain ole nekkid happy dancing/videoing?
Tim and Gina------<p>Did I get the job?????
Elizabeth - Nope - it's 10 payments of $350 - plus $100/month if he rides the bus from old school site to new school site - which beats me leaving home at 6:30 to get him to school 20 miles away, daughter to school and me to work by 8 a.m.<p>I need a few more hours in my day so I can get a job just to pay tuition for one. The other child is in a public school - this is a needs thing. <p>Full tuition for son would be around $17k. x and I have separate contracts - each for half. And I have about a $5k scholarship.<p>[ April 17, 2002: Message edited by: cinderella ]</p>
Hey Everyone!<p> I just wanted to say a big HI to everyone that has responded.<p> Thank you!! The support and kind words mean a great deal to both of us.<p> There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank God for what I have and who I share that with!<p> Life here has been a bit crazy, with the remodeling of the house, work and of course the kids! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p> Mitzi! I am sooooo happy for you!! Tim and I did consider coming to see you when you were getting M. We would have loved to see you!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

We have been pretty wraped up in our own lives, but at least Tim still find's the time to get on-line and respond to his friends.
I know I need to get better at taking the time to do that. <p> Your right, being a stepmom to a 20 & 17 year old is a lot easier then, what are the ages of the boys?.....5,6??? Man, I don't know how you do it. Your H must be one H...ll of a guy! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p> Tim and I are still planing on the BIG BASH once the house is done. I wouldn't have been able to do everything that we did to this house by my self. Tim is so talented!! He is just amazing!<p> Cinderella, Hey girl. Hope all is well w/you.
Would I happen to know who this mystery man is???<p> Once again.....everyone........Thank You!<p>Gina [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Tim let everyone else have the jobs they asked for but no one will let me have a job at the wedding. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] I think I'll have a long cry. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Or, I could go to the wedding and, when they ask if anyone knows of a reason why they shouldn't get married, I could stand up and say, "I DO!!!!" [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: Orchid Re: Hey Gina!!! Wanna get Married next year? - 04/19/02 06:31 AM
Cinderella,<p>Howz about planning a surprise bridal shower?!?!? Oops. Is the bride posting here? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>We can all bring cyber gifts. Of course we will need to know the decor of the house and where they are registered. <p>Gina.....are you going to do a bridal registery?<p>L.
Nope!!
NO way.
I don't want to plan a shower!
I want a reason to buy more gear!!!
I want this job! Please, Tim and Gina!
I'm begging. It's not a pretty sight.
Come on Guys!!!<p>Anyone know of someone that could take some pics of the big event? Maybe 35MM and perhaps in color and black and white? Geez if only I knew someone like that. Hummmm
Posted By: catnip Re: Hey Gina!!! Wanna get Married next year? - 04/21/02 05:38 AM
Dear Tim and Gina<p>This is incredible news. I was just doing a little lurking away from the Pregnancy/Child site and thought I'd see who is still around from 1999 and found this wonderful and happy and surprising news! Congratulations, from the bottom of my heart.<p>Are you two the first couple who have met here and made the big commitment? Just think! The two of you have all the skills and knowledge and "schooling" to make a great marraige with the principles you have come to understand and make a part of your lives. I just know the two of you are going to have an outstanding marriage.<p>I think I vaguely remember a thread from a couple years ago, a "party" type of thread that lasted many hundreds of posts...was that the one that started this romance? Enquiring minds want to know...c'mon tell, me...I live for this stuff.<p>Very, very happy for you both.<p>Catnip =^^=
Catnip,<p> I remember the "Mega Thread" like it was yesterday! I think that is the one you are referring to.<p> For me, I don't really think that thread is what started this "romance". We both had fun on the thread and laugh many nights talking about it. But we weren't really talking to "eachother" but more to "Everyone" involved.<p> We had both read eachother's posts and knew of what we had been thru. We had/have a great deal of respect and admiration for eachother before we had even met.

For me it was after I moved here to Pennsy.
Tim is incredible! So very talented!
After I bought my house and moved in, we realized just how much work the house needed.<p> Having the same expectations, goals, dreams, and working together on remodeling the house. Spending the time together & having fun at the same time. A "paint battle" comes to mind. We...ok more me and the kids then Tim, were covered head to toe in paint! <p> That is what did it for me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p> That and the fact that my children just love him! Tim taking the time to teach my youngest(son,6)how to wire the whole house for electric, phones, tv and so on! He was meeting one of my top needs with out evening knowing it. He has spent more time with my children then their dad ever did!!<p> I also think that bc are #1 top need is the same, that makes all the difference in the world.
We are the same in many ways, that it makes it easier for our relationship, but yet different enough to still know that we have to "WORK" at it.<p> The one main thing that I have learned over the past couple years, is nothing worth having ever comes easy......and does take work. Not to ever take anything forgranted! <p> I say my blessing every night! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Gina [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]<p>[ April 21, 2002: Message edited by: Lil'Cookie ]</p>
Posted By: catnip Re: Hey Gina!!! Wanna get Married next year? - 04/21/02 11:26 PM
Dear Gina (and Tim)<p>Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my questions and writing such a nice newsy post. This kind of stuff just makes me weepy (sniff) and happy (sigh). I guess after all the horrendous pain we have all endured, when one of us gets the winning love lottery ticket, we are all winners. I can live vicariously through someone else's joy just fine and love it.<p>I think Dr. Harley should give you away, Gina...and somehow the nuptuals could be filmed and put over the Internet for MB members to watch. This is pretty exciting stuff and Tim is a wonderful man who was lucky to meet the girl of his dreams right here and a new era begins.<p>One of the best things I've got from your post is how warm, loving and involved Tim is with your kids. As a step mom myself for a couple decades in a blended family, trust me when i tell you how incredibly important this is to overall household harmony. My H was unnecessarily jealous of my son and as a result, my son spent the better part of his teens years feeling lonely, sad and confused, desperately wanting to be loved and accepted by my H but never really was. It was tragic all around and built some pretty deep resentments, so I know with the tools you've acquired here, you'll both know how to make each child feel special and loved...and it will make the two of you even closer and more in love for this gift you give to each other. My H could have made such a positive difference in my son's life. It grieves me he didn't...and my son is in his 30's now and still damaged by the snarky treatment.<p>Well, I sure got off on a tangent. None of this even applies to you two in the least so I don't know where this came from. perhaps I was just moved by Tim's kindness for your son and wish I could have had the same for mine. I am so glad your son and the other kids are all so loved and treated kindly...they will grow up to be outstanding adults because of it.<p>Love and wonderful wishes to you both<p>Catnip =^^=<p>PS To be proposed to on the Internet on this forum in front of God and everyone has to be one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time...you da man, Tim.<p>[ April 21, 2002: Message edited by: catnip ]</p>
Congrats to both you!<p>I usually hang out at EN or DD but just happened on this thread.<p>I am teary eyed right now. Excited and happy for the two of you.<p>Good luck you two!<p>ANNA
I can't tell you how happy I am for you. I just had the feeling that something like this might happen when we met over a year ago. Nice to know that great things do happen.<p>I onl hope that if and when I have another permanent man in my life, he can be a wonderful father. Because, if he isn't willing to put that much work into being a good father, I'm not planning on making him a member of the family.
Best wishes for much happiness! --HBC
HI Tim (and Gina),
Sorry I missed your story unfolding I've been away for a while. Tim, I'm so happy for you. You were such a help getting me through all this. Kept me strong and brought me back to reality when I needed it most.
YEAH!!! Great to hear another happy ending here and it really couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I mean it!! And Tina, you did get a GREAT one!! GOD BLESS YOU BOTH FRANK [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums