Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
B
B
Originally Posted by Alada
I have never heard about the love bank leaks. It was interesting to hear about it on the radio show. Did anybody got a chance to listen to it?

I guess what I talked about earlier is a leak, and the Harley's said they are not affected becuase they have a reserve account! Now I'm curious about those reserve accounts. Any insights?
Here's the show Radio Clip of 8-14-14

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
thanks!

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
B
B
thanks!
You're welcome.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
We had trouble using POJA for driving stuff. I recall there was a show or maybe a thread that talked about how the Harleys POJAd driving, can someone point me to it?

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
We hit a bump last night. I've noticed DH is not a good taker, he will never complain, or say anything. He usually just capitulates.

For instance, I'm a much slower driver and usually say something when I feel he is driving too fast. I try to be considerate and try to respectfully convince him. He will just slow down and not say anything. After a few weeks of this, I asked him one night if he was uncomfortable with me commenting about his driving. His first reaction was a big no. No problem. But I pushed a little bit, and he finally admited to being bothered by my comments.

I tried POJA it but he will say "that is alright, I'll just drive slower". I kinda let it go, since we were getting worked up, and I stopped commenting about his driving.

Last night I tried to bring the topic again. I said, you never complain about anything, is there anything I do that bothers you. Again I had to push it a little, and finally he admited he disliked my napping when I got home from work. I was a bit surprised, since he is always either joining me for a nap, or encouraging me to take one. So I was genuinely curious, and I asked him, what would you like me to do instead. He went round and round about stuff, until he finally admited, that it wasn't my napping but he was bored.

He starts online classes in a few weeks, but being at home doesn't suit him.

I don't mind the fact that he is not happy at home, we can always POJA it. What is really making noise is that he is never voicing anything.

I feel really bad about this situation, we have worked for more than 6 mos, everything is going smoothly, but he is not able to bring his taker to the table. There are no AO at all, I have been very carefull about DJ, and I do ask him, but if I don't have his feedback, there is only so much I can do.

How do I encourage him to be more transparent?

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
C
C
Watch it, Alada...

Nearly always, when you use the phrase, "you never... (do X)..." you are being disrespectful.

Try, instead, to say, "I would love it if you would tell me when something bothers you. Even if it is just a little bother. I really want to fix these things, and I need you to tell me about them. Can you help me with this?"

Then, when he does, express your thanks to him, for being a true partner in bettering the marriage.

One more thing. Dr. H says that women are usually irritated by their husbands more than men are irritated by their wives. It could be that you don't do much that irritates him.

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks Catwhit, I see my mistake

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
How do you know when you need ADs?

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
F
F
How do you know when you need ADs?

Here are some symptoms of depression:

• Persistent sad, anxious or �empty� feelings
  • Feelings of hopelessness and/or pessimism
    Irritability, restlessness, anxiety
  • Feelings of guilt, worthlessness and/or helplessness
  • Loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable, including sex
  • Fatigue and decreased energy
  • Difficulty concentrating, remembering details and making decisions
  • Insomnia, waking up during the night, or excessive sleeping
  • Overeating, or appetite loss
  • Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts
  • Persistent aches or pains, headaches, cramps or digestive problems that do not ease even with treatment

From this resource: National Institute of Mental Health

Last edited by FightTheFight; 08/28/14 11:15 AM.

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks FtF

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
B
B
How are you doing Alada?

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I'm feeling a bit low, I have been planning an upcoming trip and it is right around Dday. H is coming, and we are bot very excited, but I can't help it.

thanks for asking blindsighted, you are always so kind

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
B
B
It sounds like you may need ADs. Can you follow up with your doctor?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B
A trip away together sounds like a large does of UA time, so that is good. smile

Recovery IS hard work and we get tired. Exercise helps me a lot, and I notice that I feel differently when I've missed it. Almost like UA time, haha!

A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I usually do yoga, but I have neglected it for a few months, maybe I should get back into it.

I will call my doctor today to see if I can get the same ADs I got at the begining of the year. They were very very helpful then.

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
B
B
I usually do yoga, but I have neglected it for a few months, maybe I should get back into it.

I will call my doctor today to see if I can get the same ADs I got at the begining of the year. They were very very helpful then.
I would also start-up your exercise regimen again. It will help so much.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
How long do you keep up wiht the snooping?
I havea gps service in his cell phone. He is well aware of that but seriously is getting boring, I just see my texts, 100s of them

Dh started online classes, we found a neat career for him online. We are both excited. Just wondering if I need to install spyware on the computer now. He is not computer savy by all means, I usually just check the history, and that will give me all the details.

I don't feel I need it right now, but just wanted to ask you what your opinion is on this.

Last edited by Alada; 10/07/14 12:28 PM.

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
L
L
Dr. Harley suggests snooping until you're bored. Don't give it up entirely, though; accountability keeps us "in line."

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
We are reding now He wins she wins. It is a great read. Just by reading the back cover I got all excited!!

We had no idea we could do love deposits when arguing, whole new definition of marriage for us. If you have not read it, I highly recomend it.

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
B
B
Hi Alada!

That was and is a big one for us also. Negotiating respectfully really feels GREAT, doesn't it? It definitely empowers couple-ness. wink

Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 807 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation