Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 68 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 67 68
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks. I don't understand why he is stalling. He offered to let us go and I agrreed to his terms. I also still gave him the option of reconciliation if he follows my conditions (which he doesn't want to do, of course). He doesn't want to stay married, but doesn't want me to leave? I'm extremely frustrated.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
B
B
Originally Posted by PigletWiglet
Thanks. I don't understand why he is stalling. He offered to let us go and I agrreed to his terms. I also still gave him the option of reconciliation if he follows my conditions (which he doesn't want to do, of course). He doesn't want to stay married, but doesn't want me to leave? I'm extremely frustrated.
Because he still wants to try and control you. He wants his cake and eat it too.

Do you have to find a job if you move or will you be staying with family?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

P
OP Offline
P
With family, but I am looking for a job as well. I want to stay with my dad for a while which my daughter will love and rebuild my savings and life a little bit. I was thinking I'd move out in a year or two after things stablized.

The problem with my WH is he seems so nice and amenable to everyone else, even if he is a horrible monster to me or just stalls because he knows he can. He claims he is no longer seeing OW and will follow us to LA in the future...so I am not sure what the problem is at this point, except that he wants to stay for OW.

R
R
Don't try to outguess his thoughts.
It will stump you no matter what.

Simply follow plans and create a great future for you and your child and if you WH ever gets a place he could truly recover the marriage, there will be little doubt and you will take it from there. Otherwise, you have other things to tend to and do.

The Marriage Builder plans will guide you while your head and heart are all over the place and while you survive the crisis.

P
OP Offline
P
My IM finally told him that the alternative to not letting me leave is divorce complete with spousal support and child support. My lawyer is really playing footsy with him and I don't get why. He is will just stall forever and ever. So I finally just told my IM what the alternative would be. I don't think he cares so much about the divorce...but paying spousal and child support would kill him. He has a hard time even supporting himself because of his spending, so he'll hate that.

P
OP Offline
P
I'm a bit sad today. My marriage is definitely over.

I wish I did not have to deal with move-away and custody issues with him at all. His stalling/delaying craziness is not worth it. I just want to move away and move on and I feel he is keeping me stuck. He doesn't want the marriage, that is clear. He doesn't even see his kid all that much. So why the games? Waywards are horrible. They like to stick the knife in and then twist as much as possible.

P
OP Offline
P
I'm going to be on the show on Monday.

B
B
I'm going to be on the show on Monday.
Next Monday 12-01?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

P
OP Offline
P
Yes, next Monday. Sorry, not today.

P
OP Offline
P
My WH is asking to take my daughter to see his brother for a weekend. I don't think that he is taking the OW, but I still don't like the idea of him taking my baby. I have never been away from her for a night.

E
E
Just have IM say No then.... Don't even sweat it!
What you do or don't do isn't gonna change a way wards mind!!
If you say yes, they tell you that it should have been no...
Nice? Should have been mean!
Mean? Should be nice

So listen- everything you do won't be "right" to him anymore!

So just say No & move on. Don't give reasons- no justification.... Just no!

Last edited by Elaina7; 11/25/14 12:37 AM.

BW-3 Kids
Sep:2014
Divorced

"I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.
I will persist until I succeed." Og Mandino
R
R
I actually do think he ought to take her.

I understand you have never been away from her overnight but it is something that you need to embrace as a single mother. You must learn to be okay with it. Learn to find ways to keep busy and to sleep with her away. (BTW, we all totally relate to the sensation of angst over it!)

You love your child and you are her rock but he is her father and allow him to step up to the plate for her. If he blows it or creates more problems, deal with it then. Then, you will know where his fathering is going without you in the mix.

P
OP Offline
P
Yeah, I am letting him. The ONLY reason he wants to take her overnight is that his family will be there. He would not take her otherwise because he doesn't want full responsibility for her.

I
I
You're doing fine. You can only give him the opportunity to take responsibility. The rest is his call.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

P
OP Offline
P
Husband stalling on agreement.

UGH. UGH. UGH.

M
M
Hope things work out peacefully. Hard to deal with these things during the holidays.

I
I
Stalling is to be expected. A wayward won't comply with a decisive way forward. It's expensive, but knowing to expect this helps.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

P
OP Offline
P
Yes, decisiveness implies a commitment to something and an intention to carry it out. Not virtues of a wayward. If they were, we wouldn't be in this mess.

P
OP Offline
P
WH has not signed agreement, but is paying for DD's school for December (1200) and paying me 1K in child/spousal support voluntarily for December so I can afford to stay for Dec.

I am not sure how he is affording all of this. That is slightly less than half of his take home pay. Oh well, not my problem! I am just happy he is doing it. Thankful that he is taking a bit of responsibility.

B
B
WH has not signed agreement, but is paying for DD's school for December (1200) and paying me 1K in child/spousal support voluntarily for December so I can afford to stay for Dec.

I am not sure how he is affording all of this. That is slightly less than half of his take home pay. Oh well, not my problem! I am just happy he is doing it. Thankful that he is taking a bit of responsibility.

Wow that is rare for a wayward to actually pay at all, let alone voluntarily.

How is your plan B self-care going? What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Stay the course. You're doing so well.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 22 of 68 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 67 68

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,015 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation