Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
OP Offline
P
I also have emails from her to him asking if she can work in there on homework. Nothing from him to her suggesting it...again--no proof.

Both: 47yo, married 22 yrs, ddays: jan 00, aug 06, aug 14, may 18, physical affairs started nov 01, 2 daughters 27yrs & 18yrs
Divorce will be filed soon
P
P
Even IF nothing has happened between the two, it is highly inappropriate behavior. The 16 year old is vulnerable, and needs your help.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M
Originally Posted by confusedteacher
I also have emails from her to him asking if she can work in there on homework. Nothing from him to her suggesting it...again--no proof.

You don't have proof that he lets her stay in there?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
P
P
Originally Posted by markos

You don't have proof that he lets her stay in there?

And with the door closed?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

S
S
Daughters know age appropriate details.

What have they been told?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
P
OP Offline
P
It is very inappropriate in my opinion too but sadly not uncommon. Our male teachers are even allowed to have female TA's on their preps (alone in their rooms). It is a perfect storm if you ask me but no rule violations have occurred...no policy violations.

I'm 100% certain nothing has happened physically.

Last edited by confusedteacher; 10/24/14 12:28 PM.

Both: 47yo, married 22 yrs, ddays: jan 00, aug 06, aug 14, may 18, physical affairs started nov 01, 2 daughters 27yrs & 18yrs
P
P
clearly he is softening her up.
Yes!

Her parents need to know immediately.
YES!
Have you talked to them? Do they know the details?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

P
OP Offline
P
I don't have access to that information since she isn't my student and has never been. Confidentiality laws...

P
P
It is very inappropriate in my opinion too but sadly not uncommon. Our male teachers are even allowed to have female TA's on their preps (alone in their rooms). It is a perfect storm if you ask me but no rule violations have occurred...no policy violations.

I'm 100% certain nothing has happened physically.

It doesn't matter if nothing has happened physically. Any emotional bond they are creating will haunt her for years. She needs protection.

Have you exposed the details about him to her parents?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

P
P

You are letting that girl be taken advantage of.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

L
L
I don't have access to that information since she isn't my student and has never been. Confidentiality laws...

Nothing but excuses on how and why you can't, (Won't) take that child out of harms way.

Did you WRITE A LETTER to the Administration, revealing IN WRITING what hid sexual predatory past reveals?

Did You C.C. the upper level School Board with the same information?

Have you asked one of your friend teachers for this childs contact information for her family?

Have you asked this young girl herself for her parents contact information?

ANYBODY who tried and really wanted to find out that information, especially being an insider such as yourself could and would find out in less than 1 hour.

Have you ever asked any if this girls friends how to contact her parents?

LTL

P
OP Offline
P
How is this my fault when administration has been notified? I have voiced my opinion to him. I have monitored his emails for inappropriate behavior. I go into his room unannounced to check on the situation even though seeing him makes me physically anxious and ill at times. If I was keeping some little dirty secret I could see that but I'm not. If I had anything else to bring to their attention...I would. I have always exposed his betrayals. I have also told my counselor who is married to his counselor and has an agreement they can discuss our situations with each other--so it is on their radar. Both of our counselors are certified sex addition/partner counselors.

It's getting really hard to not get defensive when I came on here for support and HAVE made sure the appropriate people know about the situation along with the history.

I also filed for divorce when I hadn't for the last 14 years of this sick cycle/drama because of this situation. That's a HUGE step for me. None of the affairs/neglect/mistreatment/trauma made me file but finding out he told this 16 year old we were separated did.

T
T
I also filed for divorce when I hadn't for the last 14 years of this sick cycle/drama because of this situation. That's a HUGE step for me. None of the affairs/neglect/mistreatment/trauma made me file but finding out he told this 16 year old we were separated did.
Divorce is filed but stalled

Yes you did file for divorce but why stalled?

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)
P
OP Offline
P
Waiting for the revisions from the lawyer...

P
P
HAVE made sure the appropriate people know about the situation along with the history.
So you have talked to her parents about all the details?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

P
OP Offline
P
Defying my administration by taking matters in my own hands would get me fired and sued. They are properly notified so that is their call. Breaking confidentiality laws could get both me and the district sued.

P
P
So you would let a 16 year old girl be taken advantage of.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

S
S
Confused teacher,

I am sorry our comments feel like an attack. We are not intending to attack you.

If this was your child, you would want to know.

She is being softened up.

This is a very urgent situation; we are in a more objective position that you are since you are inside of the situation.

Please find a way to tell her parents.

I have been in your shoes. Please tell her parents.

Are you living in a covenant with death? With bitterness in your marriage? Read Isaiah 28. The bed will not be long enough or the covers wide enough for you to ever find comfort in that life. In Isaiah 28, God tells you to take a stick and beat these conditions out of your life.

Isaiah 28:29 "This [command] also cometh forth from the Lord of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working."
S
S
Defying my administration by taking matters in my own hands would get me fired and sued. They are properly notified so that is their call. Breaking confidentiality laws could get both me and the district sued.

The lawsuit would be initiated by who? Her parents would be the injured party, and why would they sue you for telling them this information about their daughter?

Alternatively, you could not get fired or sued for reporting suspicious activity to the police, which would then prompt notification to her parents so they could protect her. [I am not an attorney, but there are plenty that post to these boards that can advise if this is incorrect.]

It is not a crime to report suspicious situations.

If they investigate and find nothing, great. That's what their job is. In the process, her parents would become aware of the situation.

Are you living in a covenant with death? With bitterness in your marriage? Read Isaiah 28. The bed will not be long enough or the covers wide enough for you to ever find comfort in that life. In Isaiah 28, God tells you to take a stick and beat these conditions out of your life.

Isaiah 28:29 "This [command] also cometh forth from the Lord of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working."
M
M
My administration have been given a heads up by a friend I work with and they have not even followed up on it. She is in his room alone with him every prep hour--with the door shut and STILL nobody has "swung by" to see what's up. Not much more I can do unfortunately. frown

Is this how you handle problems? Wait around for someone else to take action? This is why you find yourself in a marriage with a known playah after 14 years on this board. You don't handle problems like an adult.

YOU should be in HR's office YOURSELF telling them about this and asking for transfer to another school.

What the heck is WRONG with me?

You CHOSE not to change. You don't address and resolve problems.

Please continue praying that this other job opportunity works out for me. If it does...I will most likely be able to take a leave of absence with all of my sick days until the next job starts. That would be a blessing of EPIC proportions!!

How about exposure? How about getting moved to another location for now?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation