Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
OP Offline
S
So what should I do now?

B
B
Originally Posted by Safetysuit2974
So what should I do now?
Will you hire a PI?

And this:
How to Plan B Correctly

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
OP Offline
S
Like I said we really can't afford that.

S
OP Offline
S
Also, looking at the Plan B I am not sure what the abbreviations used on it mean?

B
B
Also, looking at the Plan B I am not sure what the abbreviations used on it mean?
Here, Acronyms and Abbreviations

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
Like I said we really can't afford that.
Have you checked his phone records for excessive phone calls/texting?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

S
OP Offline
S
Yes there is nothing. Like I said I think he's talking to someone through Facebook and that is why he changed his password.

P
P
Low cost ways to confirm an affair:

1)Check out the Suspected OWs facebook and other social medi. It was pretty easy for me to figure things out just by looking at her social media. She never said anything directly about the affair, but her tumblr and facebook comfirmed everything indirectly. She is a bonfire narcissist so all of her posts about love and jealousy pretty much told me everything. She was in love and trying not to be jealous (because she was in love with a married man).

2) Accounts. Follow the money. Waywards
are dummies. It's so, so easy to see if someone is cheating by looking at accounts. My husband was taking her out on full blown dates with our joint account, taking out cash, etc.

3) tail him. Just follow him one night from wherever he is staying.

4) mutual friends/family. Reach out to people to confirm the affair. It was easy to do for me.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
P
P
Sorry about the typos. My phone is on the fritz!

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
S
OP Offline
S
Okay thank you. But that is for people who know for sure an affair is going on. I think at the most this is just him talking to someone. Like I said the only places he ever is is work and home. Work is verified with the employee login I have access to and can see if he is not there. There is no way a physical affair has been going on unless it just started since he left, which I doubt either because we only have one vehicle and have been having to swap it a lot and also the rest of the time I can see him online playing his video games and specific things he's doing.

L
L
Safetysuit, I sure wish I had known about MarriageBuilders many years ago when our marriage looked a lot like yours does now. You are getting some excellent guidance from folks who know Dr. Harley's principles for a great marriage very well.

I've been married now for over 34 years, but only the past four years have been really great. We are crazy in love with each other. It is very apparent to each of us that the other is deeply in love. Not only that, it is obvious to people who see us that we are in love with each other, because many, even strangers, have approached us to comment on that.

Why am I telling you this? Because I was in a marriage just like yours. I had a husband who was independent; he played video games, he was flirtatious with women (but not with me,) he was rude and disrespectful to me, he masturbated - basically I became irrelevant as a wife and was pretty much just his housekeeper and administrator. Nothing I tried helped and actually as time went on, and I continued to put up with his uncaring behavior, (due to my own fear of leaving and misplaced Christian principles) he only became more entitled and even less caring.

It wasn't until after my husband had his second affair and, thankfully, I found MB, that I decided it was time to set my own conditions for recovery. If my H didn't want to be married to me, I was going to have to be okay with that. I didn't plead with him to stay; I simply told him that once he divorced he would never see me again. Later, when he told me he wanted to be married to me, I set my conditions of recovery on an MB marriage. It wasn't going to be a repeat of the years before, which was basically a loveless marriage.

These last four years, my H has become a really terrific man. Not only has he improved himself for me, but others around him really respect and admire him. It wouldn't have happened if I had agreed to put up with his uncaring behavior. Your conditions will actually help him grow into a mature man.

There really is nothing complicated about a great marriage; it's bad marriages that are complicated...and terribly depressing for women. I urge you to listen to the guidance you are receiving here. You don't want more years of an uncaring husband, do you?

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
S
OP Offline
S
That's okay. And piglet, there are no transactions on our bank account. We only have one joint and he had direct deposit into it and has not transferred any money. I get notifications daily or transactions and check often. And I am blocked out of his facebook.

L
L
That's okay. And piglet, there are no transactions on our bank account. We only have one joint and he had direct deposit into it and has not transferred any money. I get notifications daily or transactions and check often. [b]And I am blocked out of his facebook.
[b]

This is a really big red flag, Safety! You need to find the funds to hire a PI and find out what your H is doing behind your back. Waywards can be very sneaky. But they can also be quite brazen, making evidence pretty easy to collect.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
B
B
Welcome to MB

Do you and your H still do activities as a family? Does he come and go as he pleases into your house? Do you two still have sex?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
S
OP Offline
S
That's just not possible. And no not since Tuesday we haven't done anything as a family except riding in the car together during exchanges. And he has only came back into the house to get the rest of his work clothes etc. So no. And no we do not.

B
B
It would be very odd and highly unlikely that your husband has been separated from you for several months and not interested in sex or some sort of female attention. He is not swapping recipes with that girl. He changed his passwords so you can not see what he is doing.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
B
B
There is no way a physical affair has been going on unless it just started since he left, which I doubt either because we only have one vehicle and have been having to swap it a lot and also the rest of the time I can see him online playing his video games and specific things he's doing.

OW could have a car...there are a lot of ways to carry on a PA. Your H may not be having a PA but it is VERY possible for him to have one.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

S
OP Offline
S
We haven't been separated for several months we have been separated since Tuesday... and yes possible I guess but I don't think it's likely. Either way I cannot afford a pi.

B
B
Gotcha. I thought you had been separated since March.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

B
B
Do you have access to your husband's cell phone records?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation