Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
M
M
I have seen men just like you do this a half dozen times here. I'm hoping and praying that one day I see one actually change for real, permanently.

Haven't seen it, yet.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by ProChoice
I have already scheduled therapy and I do recognize I have had some issues, and will solve them, and I am here in MB site, with full will and ready to learn.

I would love to see you do this.

I would dance with joy to see you do this.

I would call you the most awesome Marriage Builder ever if you did this.

But every man I've ever seen show up like you are doing now disappeared within 24 hours.

I would love to see you here day after day, listening to the radio show, daily, for life, putting the concepts into practice. I would love to see you win your wife back, the right way, instead of telling her things aren't so bad and telling her how to feel. I would love to see you in anger management and in contact with Dr. Harley, and building a fantastic marriage for your wife, your children, and yourself.

That would be wonderful.

I will be your biggest fan if you do this.

I want her back

Then get started, and don't expect her back any time soon. Stop saying that you didn't cheat and start providing true honesty and transparency. Don't ever try to punish her again. Change for life. Commit to recovery, for life.

Figure out the Basic Concepts and start practicing them ruthlessly.

Figure out the Love Busters and get them gone, for life.

You are an abusive husband. Own up to that and fix it.

You are an unfaithful husband. Own up to that and fix it.

Many men have fixed these things before. My best mentor here was a former unfaithful husband. I learned so much from him. He is such a wonderful husband and father today.

But he showed up truly willing to learn and to act. Not just saying it. It wasn't just words.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
P
P
If you were serious I believe you would be in contact with Dr. Harley himself right this instant, and you would be in serious anger management therapy (like in group sessions with guys straight out of jail), and you would be listening to Dr. Harley's radio show on a daily basis without fail and putting into practice everything you find there, for life. Even then I don't think you would be even slightly trustworthy until you had lived this way for a year.

And that doesn't even mention figuring out how to provide your wife openness and honesty and complete transparency for the rest of your life.
Will you do these things?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

B
B
Don't talk to your mother yet.

Why shouldn't she talk to her mother? dontknow

Welcome to MB

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
A
A
I know she got the advice from this site to leave me, but everything is a misunderstanding. It all started because she thought I was cheating, I never was. I used to my advantage the fact that I had been in touch with my ex to start acting secretive, but I only wanted her to see what that felt like, after she had cheated on me. I left the history profile page of my ex on purpose. If I had been cheating, I would have erased that. It took her three days to see it. I wouldn't have left it there by accident. I sent myself some e-mails too, she never even checked them, and I am glad. It was stupid, but I got mad when I was kicked out of the house due to that, called planB. The bad side is that I knew all the planA and planB theory, and I wasn't cheating, so I tried to go around it, and I said really awful things to her, none were true, and she believed them and left. I didn't mean any of that. It was immature. I would never harm her, but rather want to protect her. I am ready to restart now and follow a neutral points advice.

I do not believe most of this, but let's suspend disbelief for a minute in the event that you are being honest. Though I worry like markos that you are trying to trick your wife into coming home, I am glad you are here because it at least gives you the opportunity to receive the help you actually need to fix this.

This is all fantastically stupid behavior that would run any woman off. Maybe it made sense in your head, maybe it felt good, etc. But the immaturity level of this narrative you present is off the charts.

If your wife was my sister, or a female cousin/relative, etc and she called me and told me what your wife told all of us you said to her after you broke back into the house, I would have called into work for the day and been in a car on the way to her home immediately with a loaded gun on my person in case it was needed and probably a friend or two to keep me from putting you in a wheelchair in the unfortunate event that you showed up as we left. That's how incredibly messed up it is to tell your wife in front of her own kids that it would be sad if there was an accident where they lost her mother. I hope your wife does not have brothers, and if she does, I hope for your sake they do not know where you live.

None of us want any marriage that can be saved and actually recover to end, but you have some serious work to do before she should feel safe at all around you. Therapy and anger management are probably a minimum. I don't even really know what to suggest to someone who threatens to murder his wife in front of their own children.

My wife left me, it sucks, I know. But you need to take the medicine for a bit and let it settle. You are out of control right now.

Happily remarried to wonderful woman who I found using the guidelines in "Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders"
2 baby boys, working on #3 and couldn't ask for anything more.

When my ex's affair happened: BH 28, Ex-WW:29
Married: 7 years
Together: 8 years
D-day: 10/5/2014
D filed: 1/22/2015
D Final: 6/4/2015

My story
P
OP Offline
P
I'm serious this time. I was never really serious before and did the bare minimum.

I didn't know anything about marriage builders, that is true. I mentioned I started reading, because after calming down from her note, and after having called everywhere, I decided to go ahead and actually look at the books for the first time, and look at her emotional needs list which I had never looked at before, and actually fill it out my part, which I had refused to do before.

Do you know my wive's thread's title, or new display name?

M
M
I'm serious this time.

Words.

Actions like this show you to be not serious.

P
OP Offline
P
Wait a second, I broke into my own house, the one I am paying for.

All the things I said were out of place and out of anger, and obviously not true. I can't believe she would even believe so. I shouldn't have said so, but I did, but those were only words, nothing true.

P
P
I was never really serious before and did the bare minimum.
So stop doing the bare minimum. Are you going to do the things markos said needs to be done?

I didn't know anything about marriage builders, that is true. I mentioned I started reading, because after calming down from her note, and after having called everywhere, I decided to go ahead and actually look at the books for the first time, and look at her emotional needs list which I had never looked at before, and actually fill it out my part, which I had refused to do before.
You're past the point of filling out forms now. Anybody can fill out a form. You need to be taking more serious actions.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

P
P
Words of a man who does not want to protect his wife. All I see from you is justification for your behavior instead of a desire to change.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

M
M

More proof that you aren't serious.

All the things I said were out of place and out of anger, and obviously not true.

You don't have CLUE NUMBER ONE what Marriage Builders says about anger.

Dr. Harley told my wife that no marital problems could be solved until I had eliminated ALL angry outbursts. He was right.

shouldn't have said so, but I did, but those were only words, nothing true.

It's still not okay! Quit trying to tell her that it's okay because you didn't mean it.

It's not okay - angry outbursts are not okay. You are a seriously dangerous, abusive husband, until you have demonstrated that you can prevent angry outbursts FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

The idea that you would ask anyone to help you get in contact with your wife today is ridiculous proof that you DO NOT GET how serious this is and how long it's going to be before you can be trusted, and that you are not serious and don't intend to do anything about it.

M
M
You could be listening to Marriage Builders Radio right now instead of wasting our time.

P
P
Markos was also paying for the house I kicked him out of. He never said such a thing, and CERTAINLY never broke back in. He went out of his way to make me safe.

You, sir, are dangerous. And you are going to have to do some serious work if you ever desire to win her back. Are you going to do the things markos said needs to be done?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

M
M

That means there should be a restraining order against you, right?

Right?

M
M
Wouldn't you agree that if a wife's husband has angry outbursts and she locks him out and he breaks in, that she should get a restraining order to keep him out?

Isn't that right?

A
A
I'm serious this time. I was never really serious before and did the bare minimum.

Stop freaking out. I don't know what your wife wrote you but I doubt it was "you and I are done forever no second chances". She was very reluctant to leave you.

You have a chance to fix this here and if you're actually reading the MB books you even have a set of instructions for HOW to fix this. Change into the type of husband the books describe and she will come back to you.

No quick fixes to this, ProChoice. You can't fix something like this in a day.

Happily remarried to wonderful woman who I found using the guidelines in "Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders"

My story
A
A

All the things I said were out of place and out of anger, and obviously not true. I can't believe she would even believe so. I shouldn't have said so, but I did, but those were only words, nothing true.

My wife cheated on me, lied to me about it, told horrible lies about me to her family, and filed a restraining order against me simply for doing what was required to uncover her affair.

I never threatened to kill her.

Some words (like threats to murder someone) have consequences. It's not "just words" when you threaten to kill your spouse. It's called assault.

You are very lucky you are not in jail right now. You can't say things like that.

My story
B
B

faint

You threaten your wife in front of your children and you can't believe she would believe you would harm her (especially on top of all the other stupidity you have displayed)? WTF is wrong with you?? mad crazy

As a BS, I can understand your anger and hurt over your wife's affair but you need to GET A GRIP!! There is no excuse for your behavior...Dday is not new to you either. Breaking into the house was another stupid move. If you aren't serious about recovery which entails you not being an abusive ahole towards your wife, then file for D and be done with it.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
S
S
Oh, sure! We'll give that to you!

You bully her to the point where she locks you out of the house, and then you frighten her by breaking back in - and worse, by threatening to kill her. You say many, terrifying, sinister things, and you act like a psychopath, and enjoy seeing her terror. You know that we told her to leave for her own safety, and you think you can come here and ask for her new identity and we'll give it to you? Are you insane?

You are coming across as a dangerous, sinister, vindictive, bullying husband -the kinds that wheedles his way systematically around his frightened wife's friends, telling them that he did nothing wrong and he only wants to speak to her, and then when he finds his wife, he hurts her.

You need to be put in jail for what you did, and you need a permanent restraining order against you. You are unstable and you need treatment.

Leave your wife alone.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
P
OP Offline
P
Why did I ever think I could get help here?

I am getting her back, I will win her heart, will be a great husband, I will start changing, I will do anger management, I will prove to her I am different, and I won't give any credit to this unhelpful forum. I had seriously come for help.

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation