Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
L
Is moving an option?

That 13 hour drive twice per week could be whittled down significantly if it were reduced to a more reasonable transportation time and leave each of those two travel days into the very achievable goal of scheduling two of 4 hour dates right there.

Now, you would only have to prioritize 7 additional hours for romantic dates.

LTL

L
L
Maybe I should have asked if making your marriage a priority is enough of an incentive to Choose to Want to move to provide the necessary 2 dating sessions of 4 hours each.

That's similar to each and every obstacle in your path to achieving the desired goal of meeting a minimum of 15 hours of romantic dates per week.

You are not there yet, but what will undoubtedly happen when your Love Bank goes completely dry on the destined current path you are on?

Will there possibly be some emotional needs that one of you seek out, especially you, since you are the one partner experiencing the lack of a Love Bank balance?

Read through the Surviving An Affair subforum on here to see how prevalent affairs are and quite often by people who swore on their life that one would be impossible for them to ever consider. They occur when one spouse either Actively solicits an illicit secretive relationship, or more commonly, when one spouse needs the consoling emotional support from someone other than their own spouse, seemingly quite innocent at first, then bursting with unbridled infatuation. I don't feel that is a path you currently desire, yet it Will become an option down the road if you remain emotionally deprived and starved.

Or, will you become so calloused by the state of the status quo that a Divorce may someday seem like a viable option?

Now, how would any of those scenarios better Anyone in your Family, including your Husbands Son?

Those That Think That They Can, Do.....

Those That Think They Can Not, Don't.....

Do you think that you Can or Can Not?

LTL

Last edited by LearnedTooLate; 11/25/15 10:39 PM.
M
M
Originally Posted by Modestmama
Im not sure. To be honest I am unclear what are true problems or just me "imagining" there are problems. According to my husband we are just fine.

mm, this is really common. It is usually the wife who is the first to sense that there are problems in the marriage.

What you're going to need to do is to become a bit more insistent that your husband do something about these problems. You can see why some things are a problem for one spouse but not the other. Lack of sex - not a problem for many wives, because that's a more typical male emotional need. Lack of conversation - not a problem for most husbands, because that's a more typical female emotional need.

Lack of time together is typically not a problem for most husbands. They may have all sorts of reasons why you shouldn't feel it is a problem, either, but you need to be a bit assertive that it IS a problem and keep bringing it up, insistently, and keep this on the front burner until it is dealt with.

So, what problems DO you see in the marriage? We're sure your husband doesn't agree, that's typical, but what problems do you see?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by Modestmama
Well i guess I should say that I have plenty of time....its my husband who doesnt frown

In my experience, when a wife is saying that it's impossible to get the 15 hours, this is what it almost always comes down to. Her husband won't make the time because he doesn't see that there are problems and he doesn't see it as being important enough to modify his schedule for.

This is why you are going to need to be more insistent to him that you need him to do this. Yes it's a big life change, no it's not easy, it wasn't easy for anyone here. But it's as predictable as sunrise that marriages where the husband and wife don't make time for each other die.

You're seeing that - what problems are you seeing?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 807 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation