Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20
S
S
Originally Posted by Forgedfe
Yes, I started way back, and included the full story.

WW spoke with Joyce today, and had new insight into the reasons for the test, and has agreed to take it. I assured her that the results of the test were not going to change my willingness to work with her to rebuild our M. I am preparing for the call now.

In case you're nervous, just know the Harleys will make it very comfortable and easy for you - you can let them do most of the talking! I have major stage fright, have been on the show (more than once) and they've always been very helpful.

You're doing great. Keep it up!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
Great show! That would be a good one to link on the EP, serial cheater, and polygraph threads (hint hint, BrainHurts!).

What did you think?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
F
OP Offline
F
I was very worried because we were disconnected 5 times before air time. Thankfully we were only disconnected twice during the show. I listened to it again on my way home. I think the whole experience was very helpful to me and WW.

I think the preliminary call between Joyce and WW had a profound effect on her. We talked right after, and WW was very apologetic and ready to take the test. She had no panic, no sudden revelations, just a new understanding of why I needed the test.

I will schedule the test early next week. I am pretty sure she will take it this time.

B
B
That's good news. Let us know when you have it scheduled and what happens on the test.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

F
OP Offline
F
The test is at 7pm tonight. Mini vacation Monday and Tuesday.

J
J
The test is at 7pm tonight. Mini vacation Monday and Tuesday.

Wonderful! So glad you are taking a minimoon. Just the two of you, right?

F
OP Offline
F
The mini moon is next weekend. We are going to the "best new restaurant in the USA" and a B&B... no kids

The first mini vacation is with the kids because they have been very distressed by our strife. Indoor water park/ amoeba farm puke

J
J
Your children will be delighted to see you and your wife go off together alone and bond next weekend. I assure you this is in their best interest.

I recommend a cruise, but any get away that requires little work and a lot of UA time will help recovery (so long as POSOM is out of the picture and contact is ended for life).

F
OP Offline
F
Test time.

B
B
Test time.
Let us know how it goes.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

F
OP Offline
F
No deception indicated with 99% certainty on the 3 questions.
Intercourse with om2... no
Any other affairs beside OM1 om2... no
Hiding any information about intimate relation with anyone else... no

She apologized the whole way there for not just taking the test right away. We had 2 hours drive each way to talk.

I am glad she took the test. I was at the brink of D. Now the hard work begins again

G
G
Great news!

B
B
Here's your show. How are things going?
Radio show of Forgedfe's show
Segment #2
Segment #3
Segment #4

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

F
OP Offline
F
Things are progressing well. Thanks for posting the show!

We had a nice short family vacation last weekend. This afternoon WW and I are dropping off the kids at her sisters house, then we are going to a super nice restaurant and staying in a hotel.

J
J
Things are progressing well. Thanks for posting the show!

We had a nice short family vacation last weekend. This afternoon WW and I are dropping off the kids at her sisters house, then we are going to a super nice restaurant and staying in a hotel.

Great to hear, Forged. Wishing you and your wife a full and blissful recovery.

Will she be willing to do all the EP's needed for a serial cheater that Dr. Harley talked about on the show? Have you two discussed moving out of town?

F
OP Offline
F
We are actively downsizing and looking for a place to move. WW has made significant steps toward just compensation. I have not seen a trace of resentment, justification or entitlement since the radio show. I think it took that to make her realize how close she was to losing everything.

She has stopped communication with facili-SIL. She has continued to be open with her communicationso with anyone. She has made great strides to be more open with her feelings. She has made sure to be in touch with me throughout each day.

There is a long way to go, but we are going the right direction.

L
L
My serial cheater was quick to dump the OW and made all the right noises. Then at about the six month mark I went away for the weekend. He was back with the OW in an instant, lied about it and that was the end for me.

I could not see myself spending the rest of my life as a prison warder.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
H
H
please just don't let your gaurd down okay.
she can still take this even further underground.

S
S
Great update. Keep it up.

Along the lines of what living said, when you said in the radio call that your W has a history of flirting and OS friendships that she "doesn't see a problem with", I kind of cringed as that was exactly like my serial cheating ex. It turned out that he could really not be around women at all without there being a big risk for an affair, even in the workplace.

What is the plan with regard to your W working after you move?

Please understand that we aren't trying to pile on you, but we just want to set you guys up for the best chance at success possible, which will involve extra extra EPs.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
F
OP Offline
F
WW is applying for a part time substitute teaching position at our church, with no male employees other than our pastor. She is also going to be working from home selling equipment on eBay to help us downsize. I will be handling the shipping portion of those transactions. We have enough stuff to sell right now that she won't need to worry about anything else for a while. We discussed future employment options, and we are in full agreement that she will not be able to work with men. She has some investments that will start paying out within 2 years, so that will be a huge help.

We had a great weekend. SF for the first time since DDay3. Seemed a little weird at first for me, but overall helped the feeling of closeness.

She is still seeing her IC. I am not sure if it is helping anything. If she starts spouting fog again I will ask her to reconsider.

I am continuing to monitor travels and communications. I have made that a permanent requirement. I will continue to randomly monitor locations with VAR as well.

Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 807 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation