2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (KJVR)
7 And to keep me from being too elated by the abundance of revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan, to harass me, to keep me from being too elated. 8 Three times I besought the Lord about this, that it should leave me; 9 but he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." I will all the more gladly boast of my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

Paul dealt with some type of temptation, though the temptation was not specifically specified. God will often bring good out of evil and with Paul God used the temptation as a means to keep him humble. The Lord reminded him that His grace was sufficient and that in our weakness we are made strong through the power of Christ. Paul realized because of Christ he could be content with the difficulties he faced.

We like to be strong, healthy and able to accomplish our work. We want others to recognize we are able and fit. I can remember a friend once saying he worked out daily because he felt he needed to be the protector of his family. And if he weren’t strong enough to challenge others then he felt like he might be a failure to protect his family. The truth is our ability ultimately counts for nothing. A sudden illness and we are no longer strong. A harsh injury and we cannot accomplish our work. Even my friend who wanted to protect his family cannot protect them when he is not there and he cannot protect them from forces greater than himself. We falsely believe we are something that we are not. So it is important we admit our weakness and be willing to allow God to make perfect His strength in our lives. For then we can boast of God’s work and what God has done instead of what we have done. Pray and give God praise for His strength and his power and his might. Thank Him for helping you to endure the hardships, the weaknesses, the calamities and persecutions. Give praise to a mighty God who cares for your smallest concerns.