Hebrews 3:3-6 (NLT)
3 But Jesus deserves far more glory than Moses, just as a person who builds a house deserves more praise than the house itself. 4 For every house has a builder, but the one who built everything is God. 5 Moses was certainly faithful in God’s house as a servant. His work was an illustration of the truths God would reveal later. 6 But Christ, as the Son, is in charge of God’s entire house. And we are God’s house, if we keep our courage and remain confident in our hope in Christ.

The people are familiar with Moses, so Paul is pointing out the greater glory and excellence of Christ above Moses. Christ is the maker of the house and all belongs to Him whereas Moses only shared in God’s glory and owned nothing. God drew out the ground plans for the church. He placed everything in its proper place. And everything of His church is His.

I have a miniature dachshund at home named Lucy. Lucy is a fairly good natured dog, but there is one thing I have learned about her. If I give her a special dog treat she will take it to her bed and hide it there with her. If I attempt to reach in and pick her up and she has a treat hidden she will respond with a growl and enough of a snap to let me know she wants me to back off. Now you would think the dog could reason that I gave her the treat so I no longer want it, but instead desire for her to have it. But when I get near it she jealously guards it as though I never had a part in helping her obtain the treat. Unfortunately we are the same way with God. God hands us everything that is His for us to use and care for. Then we jealousy protect it as if it was ours all long. We forget about returning a portion of it to God or even giving Him thanks for what He has provided. Instead we want to snap back and complain that we don’t have enough. Stop and think about all that God has given you. Even your life is His. Pray and praise God for all his gifts. Thank Him for providing abundantly in your life.