Galatians 3:1-7 (NLT)
1 Oh, foolish Galatians! Who has cast an evil spell on you? For the meaning of Jesus Christ’s death was made as clear to you as if you had seen a picture of his death on the cross. 2 Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by obeying the law of Moses? Of course not! You received the Spirit because you believed the message you heard about Christ. 3 How foolish can you be? After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort? 4 Have you experienced so much for nothing? Surely it was not in vain, was it? 5 I ask you again, does God give you the Holy Spirit and work miracles among you because you obey the law? Of course not! It is because you believe the message you heard about Christ. 6 In the same way, “Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith.” 7 The real children of Abraham, then, are those who put their faith in God.

Here in these verses the apostle Paul is speaking to Galatians who have accepted Christ as their Savior. They foolishly have fallen back to believing their eternal life depends on their good works instead of their faith in Christ. Paul reminds them they received the Holy Spirit because of their belief in what God had done through Christ and not through their own efforts. He reminded them how God’s word had said, “Abraham believed God and God counted him as righteous because of his faith.”

All through Psalms David speaks about the love of God. Over and over he says God’s love is unfailing and endures forever. David says when one of his loved ones dies, God cares. In the times of David’s sin he realized God did not withdraw from him, it was he who withdrew from God yet God still loved him. Jonah in his anger towards the Ninevites said, “Didn’t I say before I left home that you would do this, Lord? That is why I ran away to Tarshish! I knew that you are a merciful and compassionate God, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.” In Jeremiah, “Long ago the Lord said to Israel: “I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love, With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.” John said, “From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another. For the law was given through Moses, but God’s unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ.” If God is always showing His love towards us, doesn’t it make sense God wants us to show our love towards others? Jesus told us we should love one another just as He loved us. 1 John 3:23 says, “And this is his commandment: We must believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as he commanded us.” And if we are to love one another, we are to show it by the truth of our actions. Our acts of love towards others demonstrate our faith in Christ and our belief He loves us. Pray your love for others will be bountiful. Pray you may touch other lives as Christ has touched your own life.