Romans 5:3-4 (NLT)
3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. 4 And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. 5 And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

In these verses the apostle says when we face problems and trials we can rejoice. When we depend upon God and work through our problems we develop character that has strength and confidence. Our endurance leads us to the hope of salvation; for the Holy Spirit speaks to us about the deep love God has for us.

Steven Curtis Chapman, Grammy winning singer and song writer, and his family faced one of the most difficult moments in their lives when his 17 year old son accidentally ran over their 5 year old daughter in the driveway of their home. It was a tragic accident talking the life of one child and placing a great burden on another. The words from his hit song Cinderella speaks of the love for his daughter. “It’s been a long day and there is still work to do. She’s pulling at me saying , “Dad, I need you. There’s a ball at the castle and I have been invited and I need to practice my dancing, oh please, daddy, please?” So I will dance with Cinderella while she is here in my arms, ‘cause I know something the prince never knew. Oh I will dance with Cinderella, I don’t want to miss even one song. ‘Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight and she’ll be gone.”” The Chapman’s have faced their grief knowing God always has a purpose as difficult as it might be. Chapman said the accident made the family question their faith in God. "My son said the other day that, you know, 'Yeah, we are family.'... But we're a family with a lot of questions," Steven Curtis Chapman said. "But that's what faith is. It's living with the questions. That doesn't mean you have the answers. That's exactly what faith is." There will always be questions and doubts when struggles come into our life, but faith is continuing to believe in the unwavering love of God and the salvation of His Son Jesus Christ. We can endure and we do grow stronger as we face the problems and trials with God by our side.