The lack of emotion in my post is not because I don't feel it. I'm just a really straight forward person. And you're right, the passion between WH and I dropped significantly after we got married. I was extremely focused on excelling in my career, grad school, building a house, setting up 401ks, etc. I thought that the love would just always be there and that you didn't have to put as much effort into that aspect of marriage. The two years leading up to my departure have left a bad taste in his mouth.

If he will stay married to me, I've told him that I would give up my career dreams so that we won't have to be separated anymore (to address your comment about living separately). And our relationship has not always been bad. The majority of it has been really good. I would even describe it as beautiful. For whatever reason, I forgot that. But I remember now and I will do whatever it takes to preserve us.

Hopefully, this claries things so that you could offer some advice. If not, I suppose I'm on my own then . . .