I guess I am saying that God wishes I were strong and brave, and would make choices from integrity and values. But if I make choices out of fear and laziness, God won't prevent me from reaping what I sow. Regardless of whether I generally wish good or ill to others. Bad things happen to good people. More bad things happen to good people who don't have the guts to do the right thing.

Lets see if I start exercising, get back into therapy, and get serious about my career. Let alone do the tasks my temple hopes for me to do as social chair. I have opportunities. If I squander them, I have no one else (not even Mrs. Hold) to blame for my failures.

It is like someone else posted on another thread. Some people see a path from here to there and they are inspired to get going. Other people see a long path and despair of ever making the journey. When the flood waters rise, do you scramble to find a way to get to higher ground or break open the whiskey and drink yourself to oblivion? Different people make different choices. God does not always rescue those who choose not to help themselves.

When you can see it coming, duck!