Here's my chatty saturday email to her:
I called you this morning around 2130 your time but didn't get an answer. I can call your 520 number in the future if that's more convenient for you, so you're not having to keep two phones charged.

When did you find out about your dad? I know his asthma has been getting worse, but I had no idea it could be so serious. You said terminal, but what is the prognosis? How much time does he have? Obviously I'll be able to offer your family a lot more support when I'm only 3 hours away at Fort Polk and can take lots of 3 day weekends, but let me know if there's anything I can do in the short term to help them out. Is your dad out of work? How are they financially? Do they need money for food\rent?
Have you been eating and taking care of yourself? I know you're under a lot of stress with all of this going on. How has your hip been lately? Did you get any more medical news about that, or are you still on profile?
Did you ever get that new laptop?

My week was really busy. Tons of network problems and computer issues. An Air Force Major got stranded out in the city because everyone left him, so I had to lead a convoy to go get him back at night. After we shot all the foreign weapons on Sunday, I walked down the mountain in all my gear and I hurt my leg somehow. It hurt to walk around, so much that I was limping. It started getting better on Thursday and it feels fine again today, so I'll probably go for a run after work. We had a big party up at the Russian Officers club to say goodbye to 12 of our staff on Thursday. There are lots of pictures on facebook, but I'm attaching a photo of me with the rest of the 162nd guys before they headed back to Fort Polk. On that note, I now have my own room with no roommate! The staff sergeant I was rooming with left for Fort Polk this morning, and so now I have all the furniture and space to myself. I have some rearranging to do tonight to make use of my new space. I think I'm going to move to the bottom bunk, but that'll mean moving all the pictures of you and us from the top to the bottom. My dad said Apollo has been killing moles in the back yard lately, apparently it's his new thing. I'll see if I can get some more recent pictures of him. I was just remembering in January when we would be talking on the webcam and Apollo would hear your voice and get all excited and start looking around for you, he really missed you even then.

I hope you're holding up alright. If you want to talk this weekend, you know how to reach me. I'm here for you when you need me.