No, he's willing to give up his whole family to go to a party, my intent is to show him that he cannot do that. He has responsibilities beyond himself. Enforceable responsibilities, through court.

I already said it's a deterrent tactic from his threatened abandonment. Are you suggesting that I support his abandonment of his children ("I'll take them on Sundays")??? Or say, that's okay, you go play, I've got this? As a FIRST move?

Ridonkulous! I will employ the cards I hold, thank you. I've got a H who thinks divorce means freedom, but forgets that he also has children who deserve more than a check in the mail. My kids are not checks. My kids are big strong reasons to have two parents, together, in a mutually supportive marriage. I'll fight for that, with everything I have. That's why Plan B includes ME having the kids daily, and plan D (if filed by him) includes HIM taking them. It's a huge responsibility, and a deterrent to someone who thinks they can just walk away.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)