Originally Posted by dutchcourage
I could expose this to her family here, but I really don't want to leave her open to the disgrace and shame. I love her too much for that.

Helping her hide her affair is not "love," it is enabling. HUGE DIFFERENCE. You are enabling the destruction of your marriage and your children's family. You are helping the AFFAIR, not your family.

You are leaving the door open for the OM come right back today. He can come back today and all she has to do is not tell you. That is what is likely to happen if you keep the lover's secret. On the other hand, if you expose it and enlist the help of children and family members, she won't be able to bring him in anymore.

What you are facing is a situation where this affair is very likely to escalate unless you stop it. Once it goes to this next level, she will be looking to replace you. Which will be easy to do because you are not there. Do you want this man to live there and raise your kids? That is NOT an unlikely outcome, but a common one.

Your family is under spirtual assault, my friend. Bring it out into the open. Expose it.

Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. Ephesians 5:11

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101