Welcome and I'm sorry for what has brought you here.

You need to protect you and your kids. He needs to get help for his PTSD.

Dr. Harley recommends separation when there's physical abuse until he is in an anger program and gets help.

You need to break off this engagement until he gets help. Do you live together?

Please listen to these radio clips of what Dr. Harley says about physical abuse.
Radio clip on physical abuse
Segment #2
Segment #3

FWW/BW (me)
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.