Originally Posted By: Hilltopper1972
I'll get this mean what I say and say what I mean down better one day. In the mean time what I meant here is that I wanted to avoid love bank withdrawals. In this particular case I said, "I really wish that when you come home you could kiss me on the cheek or ask me how my day was rather than ask me if I returned something that you didn't ask me to return." She didn't like that I suppose because she rolled the eyes and made a face and told me I take everything the wrong way.

I think she probably felt you were disrespectfully changing the subject. Yes, it's true that you would like her to start her contact with you on a more affectionate basis, rather than starting out with a complaint, but the fact is she asked about the particular task that was on her mind and didn't get an answer: you deflected, which is disrespectful.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 17 years, who is a beautiful angel.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.