Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 45 1 2 42 43 44 45
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
It stopped raining. smile

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Done! Here's the thing...she said she didn't ask my husband that. That she was talking to him and said that she had trouble getting to work on time and HE OFFERED.

H is pissed, wants both of us to confront her together to clear this up?

I told her it was a bad idea to ask other women's husbands for favors, and she should have talked to me if she wanted use of my husband.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Intel being collected now. So far I have her deed, her RN license information, and her FB page--which has nearly everything on private, BUT we have a mutual friend, who I have known since I was 12. It's a guy. Should I ask for his help? I think he would be willing to collect a phone # and a friends list for me.

Will keep digging for what I can get free before moving on to paid services.

(Oscar Wilde)
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
woo-hoo, turns out her photos were open, so I was able to get 23 names of people who liked or commented on them. And blech, she's one of those who put like 100 pics of herself for every one of her daughter or something else. Blech.

(Oscar Wilde)
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Bingo! Got the cell phone number. It is NOT on my H's call log.

(Oscar Wilde)
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
The more I think about it, her explanation sounds even creepier than her asking my H. So, you have a young little girl and you're waiting at the bus, and some guy you've only spoken to once, that very day, says, hey, just leave your little girl with me! And you DO?

I would be very disturbed if some strange man offered to keep on an eye on my daughter.

(Oscar Wilde)
P
P
Originally Posted by CWMI
her RN license information,

Oh Crap. The skank neighbor in my own sitch was a RN also.

She got my DH's phone one morning when it was snowing and she worried that the kids would be stuck in the valley if the canyon road closed and the bus wouldn't be allowed up. This how she interjected herself into my life...by appearing to be a nice caring person.

You are way ahead of me when I was in this same spot. Just keep your eyes open.
smile

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I take this protecting my marriage stuff seriously. laugh

I told her to stay the hell away from my husband or we'd end up with a problem. She apologized for creating an issue, and I said, "Why did I have to confront you to get an apology? I've been waiting for you to do the decent thing and say something to me."

She said that she didn't know if I had to rush off or anything in the mornings, and besides, that day that I'd walked up there, I didn't seem very friendly. lol. Ya think? I told her I'd walked up there JUST BECAUSE she'd made that request of my husband, and had been WAITING for her to say anything to me about it, but nope! She said jack crap to me! I told her if she wanted something from someone's husband, better ask the wife, and if you feel you can't because she seems 'unfriendly' then it is absurdly stupid to go behind her back to ask her husband anyway. Just plain dumb. Just beggin for trouble.

I was furious. I don't play very nice when I'm furious.

(Oscar Wilde)
L
L
The more I think about it, her explanation sounds even creepier than her asking my H. So, you have a young little girl and you're waiting at the bus, and some guy you've only spoken to once, that very day, says, hey, just leave your little girl with me! And you DO?

I would be very disturbed if some strange man offered to keep on an eye on my daughter.

I didn't realize your husband offered, I thought she asked and he said "sure". I was also picturing this bus stop as having several adults in cars as well as standing around; not to mention a bunch of other kids around...and he came home and told you about it straight away as well...sorry for my confusion...

I was a Scoutmaster for several years and the first thing we were taught and there was to be absolutely NO deviation from was that No adult was to ever, ever be alone with a child, never!

So yea, I would be very disturbed as well if some strange guy offered to watch my little girl. In fact me and this guy wouldn't be strangers for long...

C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I told my H what she said when I got back, and he was plenty mad that he would be accused of offering. I just said, "I talked to that woman and she told me that she didn't ask you, that you offered." He then said that he was hurt that I would believe her over him. I was like, well, since she's never really talked to me before, there's no history of lying there, which there is one with you, so sorry! Now he wants to involve the man who was there also. I am fine with that. Anything he'd like to do to clear his name is absolutely fine by me!

And we have a plan moving forward--I told him I needed him to be more aware of stuff like this, and he could keep himself above reproach and beyond suspicion by not getting himself into these situations to begin with. The plan is, if any woman comes up and asks him to do anything for her, his response will be, "You should ask my wife about that."

He knows I will rain holy hell on anyone who threatens us. Including him. lol.

(Oscar Wilde)
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by lookin4thehandle

I didn't realize your husband offered, I thought she asked and he said "sure". I was also picturing this bus stop as having several adults in cars as well as standing around; not to mention a bunch of other kids around...and he came home and told you about it straight away as well...sorry for my confusion...

I was a Scoutmaster for several years and the first thing we were taught and there was to be absolutely NO deviation from was that No adult was to ever, ever be alone with a child, never!

So yea, I would be very disturbed as well if some strange guy offered to watch my little girl. In fact me and this guy wouldn't be strangers for long...

HE said she asked, "Would you mind, etc?"

SHE said she was griping about being late to work and he offered.

So there's two different stories. Neither look good.

(Oscar Wilde)
P
P

Maybe he isn't such a stranger. How long has school been open? 6 weeks? Plenty of time to get to know someone at the bus stop in the morning and afternoon.

She is already painting you as mean and unfriendly and she doesn't even know you? Wow. When are they going to get some originality?

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
dingdingding! She does have a boyfriend. I now have his full name, cell phone number, and place of business.

(Oscar Wilde)
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by pokerface

Maybe he isn't such a stranger. How long has school been open? 6 weeks? Plenty of time to get to know someone at the bus stop in the morning and afternoon.

She is already painting you as mean and unfriendly and she doesn't even know you? Wow. When are they going to get some originality?

She also needs to realize that I am [censored] crazy and will not hesitate to drag her down the road by her hair. I am searching, searching...

(Oscar Wilde)
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Should I call the boyfriend now? Ask him to help me keep an eye on these two because they've given me conflicting stories about the situation? Find out what he knows?

(Oscar Wilde)
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Pokerface, it's only in the morning, twice a week, and my kids said she was just dropping the kid and leaving. Not that that makes a huge difference.

(Oscar Wilde)
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by pokerface

Yeah, that's very disturbing. Many years ago I was deeply suspicious of my H because he was lying, being secretive, and was just an all-around jerk, and since I couldn't find anything, I polygraphed him. I would not hesitate to do that again.

(Oscar Wilde)
V
V
She also needs to realize that I am [censored] crazy and will not hesitate to drag her down the road by her hair. I am searching, searching...

At least I have good company in my [censored] craziness.

wink

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
lol, hopeful!

I wish one of the SAA vets would advise me on whether or not I should contact the boyfriend at this point. If I had even one phone call between them, I'd say heck yes. But it feels a little premature. All I have is a shifting story and a bus stop scandal.

I may just have to punch that woman for calling me unfriendly. Lawd, how stupid! "Oh, that woman seems really unfriendly. So I'm going to use her husband, because unfriendly people never get unhinged about stuff like that!" lolol.

(Oscar Wilde)
M
M
CWMI, I wouldn't call him up. I would just let it drop and keep your eyes open. [which I know you will do anyway!]

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 44 of 45 1 2 42 43 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 990 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy, Ingrid Guerci, Wifey02
71,826 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation