Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 61 of 103 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 102 103
AskMe #2689823 12/11/12 06:45 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
1 Peter 1:23-25 (NLT)
23 For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God. 24 As the Scriptures say, �People are like grass; their beauty is like a flower in the field. The grass withers and the flower fades. 25 But the word of the Lord remains forever.�[words from Isa 40:6-8] And that word is the Good News that was preached to you.

From Matthew Henry�s Commentary - Man, in his utmost flourish and glory, is still a withering, fading, dying creature. Take him singly, all flesh is grass. In his entrance into the world, in his life and in his fall, he is similar to grass. Take him in all his glory, even this is as the flower of grass; his wit, beauty, strength, vigour, wealth, honour�these are but as the flower of grass, which soon withers and dies away. The only way to render this perishing creature solid and incorruptible is for him to entertain and receive the word of God; for this remains everlasting truth, and, if received, will preserve him to everlasting life, and abide with him forever. The prophets and apostles preached the same doctrine. This word which Isaiah and others delivered in the Old Testament is the same which the apostles preached in the New.

C. .S Lewis once wrote, War makes death real to us: and that would have been regarded as one of its blessings by most of the Christians of the past. They thought it good for us to be always aware of our mortality. I am inclined to think they were right. All the animal life in us, all schemes of happiness that centered in this world, were always doomed to a final frustration. In ordinary times only a wise man can realize it. Now the stupidest of us knows. We see unmistakably the sort of universe in which we have all along been living, and must come to terms with it. If we had foolish un-Christian hopes about human culture, they are now shattered. If we thought we were building up a heaven on earth, if we looked for something that would turn the present world from a place of pilgrimage into a permanent city satisfying the soul of man, we are disillusioned, and not a moment too soon. [Citation: C. S. Lewis, "Learning in War-Time," from a sermon preached in the Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Oxford, 1939.]

This past week Dallas Cowboy Josh Brent was arrested for intoxicated manslaughter Saturday after being involved in a car accident that killed teammate Jerry Brown. Sadly Jerry was killed early in his life and whatever dreams he may have had went with him.

The plane carrying Jenni Rivera, a popular Mexican-American singer, crashed and killed all aboard. Everyone and everything in the crash was destroyed beyond recognition. The impact was so powerful that the remains of the plane "are scattered over an area of 250 to 300 meters. The dreams she and those with her had also vanished.

Those are some of the deaths that have been highlighted this week. However they are not alone. I dare to estimate the number of deaths that took place this week from accidents, murders, and natural causes. Our human bodies will eventually die whether in an expected time or more tragically in an unexpected time.

There is only one hope for life and that is an eternal life in heaven with God. It�s a life of immeasurable hope without the pain of this world; for in heaven there is only joy. All God asks is that we acknowledge our sins to Him; be willing to turn from those sins; and on faith believe in His Son Jesus Christ who died for our sins. There is hope of life beyond this world and I pray all grab hold of it while they can.

AskMe #2690074 12/12/12 06:53 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Galatians 4:4-5 (NLT)
4 But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman, subject to the law. 5 God sent him to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law, so that he could adopt us as his very own children.

God always knows the right time to put a plan into action. So at the time of His choosing, God sent His only-begotten son, Jesus Christ into the world. Humbly Jesus was born as any other man so that He might experience the fullness of man while possessing the fullness of God. Mary was subject to the law as many others, but even she was able to experience the mercy and grace of The Father through her son. God sent Jesus to redeem us of our sins and to free us from the burden of those sins. No longer were we to be slaves to sin, but instead children of God. For when we accept Christ we are adopted into God�s family that inherits the benefits of an everlasting and joyful life.

Author James Herriot tells of an unforgettable wedding anniversary he and his wife celebrated early in their marriage. His boss had encouraged him to take his wife to a fancy restaurant, but Herriot balked. He was a young veterinarian and couldn't really afford it. "Oh, do it!" the boss insisted. "It's a special day!" Herriot reluctantly agreed and surprised his wife with the news.

En route to the restaurant, Herriot and his wife stopped at a farm to examine a farmer's horse. Having finished the routine exam, he returned to his car and drove to the restaurant, unaware that his checkbook had fallen in the mud. After a wonderful meal, Herriot reached for his checkbook and discovered it was gone. Quite embarrassed, he tried to offer a way of making it up.

"Not to worry," the waiter replied. "Your dinner has been taken care of!" As it was, Herriot's employer had paid for the dinner in advance.

God has done the same for us. Jesus' utterance on the cross, "It is finished," is a Greek term meaning "paid in full."

Imagine knowing you had to pay the debit for your sins that you knew you couldn�t pay. Thankfully Jesus stepped up and paid in full the price for us that we might be free from sin.

AskMe #2690335 12/13/12 07:50 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Matthew 2:7-12 (NKJV)
7 Then Herod, when he had secretly called the wise men, determined from them what time the star appeared. 8 And he sent them to Bethlehem and said, �Go and search carefully for the young Child, and when you have found Him, bring back word to me, that I may come and worship Him also.� 9 When they heard the king, they departed; and behold, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came and stood over where the young Child was. 10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy. 11 And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh. 12 Then, being divinely warned in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed for their own country another way.

The wise men appeared to inquire of Christ. These men were Gentiles and not from the commonwealth of Israel. It was these Gentiles who came to ask about Christ. These men were scholars. They came from the east, possibly from the land of Arabia. The presents they brought were the products of that country; the Arabians had done homage to David and Solomon as types of Christ. Jethro and Job were of that country. These men had followed a star to reach their destination. Stars were commonly worshiped in this area and even their gods were named for the stars. The stars that had been misused came to be put to the right use, to lead men to Christ. Now approximately 2 years later they were in the land where they expected The Christ to be. Their inquiry was made to the king of the land in expectations the king would know where �The King of the Jews� would live. Herod though feared their inquiry for it meant his throne might be in jeopardy. He sought to have The Christ child disposed of; but these wise men became aware of Herod�s intent and departed back to their country after paying homage to Jesus.

Appearing this time of year are manger scenes depicting the birth of Christ. Often there are three wise men depicted presenting gifts to Jesus in the manger soon after his birth. From the historical documents this is incorrect for the wise men appeared around 2 years after the birth of Christ, which would have supported Herod to then be the king. These manger scenes also depict three men for the three gifts that were given, but some ancient documents say there were possibly 14 men. Travel during this time was difficult and often done in large groups so that they could protect and support one another. Most likely this group was closer to the fourteen and more than the three.

If you are playing Christmas trivia and asked who was present at the manger it was Joseph, Mary, Jesus, shepherds of the area and the animals. The wise men were not present as we have been made to believe. If asked how many wise men were there, the answer is unknown, but probably more than three. If asked where the wise men presented their gifts it was at the home of Jesus.

We always have to be careful in life to ensure we know the truth. Often things are presented as the truth when they are only close representations of the truth. Jesus said, �I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.� At least we have Jesus who is the truth, presents the truth and lived by the truth. Always be ready to put your trust in Jesus -- a truth we can always believe in.

AskMe #2690409 12/13/12 01:41 PM
J
J
Here is a good article about the Magi

http://www.orlutheran.com/html/magifaq.htmlo

A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
John 17:20 (NLT)
20 �I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. 21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one�as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me. 22 I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. 23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me. 24 Father, I want these whom you have given me to be with me where I am. Then they can see all the glory you gave me because you loved me even before the world began! 25 O righteous Father, the world doesn�t know you, but I do; and these disciples know you sent me. 26 I have revealed you to them, and I will continue to do so. Then your love for me will be in them, and I will be in them.�

Chapter 17 of John tells of one of the final prayers of Jesus. In this prayer Jesus prays for those who belong to Him both present and in future tense. The verses above begin where Jesus mentions those would ever believe in Him (future). Jesus prays that those who belong to Him might be kept close to Him, that they might be sanctified, that they might be united and that they might be glorified.

In 1974, Philippe Petit, a tight rope walker, with the assistance of his crew extended a steel cable between the twin towers of the World Trade Center while it was still under construction. He walked the quarter mile distance 8 times amazing a crowd below. He told a Newsweek magazine reporter it never occurred to him to use a safety net and then he added, �I never fall. But yes, I have landed on the earth many, many times.�

Psalm 91:9-12, �If you make the Lord your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home. For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. They will hold you up with their hands so you won�t even hurt your foot on a stone.�

This is what Jesus considered for you and me. He wanted us to be with Him and The Father. He desired we would always be kept close to Him so nothing would overcome us. He would even go as far as ordering the angels to protect and watch over us. Even though we might fall -- the angels would keep us from falling into the world where we might be lost.

Christ often prayed for the welfare of others � might we also do the same?

AskMe #2690551 12/14/12 10:04 AM
J
J
There is a video of him walking the 2 towers.
He also rope walked on other buildings throughout Europe.
He was arrested for doing it because he and his crew sneaked into The tower disguised as construction workers and spent the night there and did it in the morning.
He actually taunted the city police that demanded him to come off the wire;

J
J
The Holy Hieromartyr Eleutherius, Bishop of Illyricum

Reading from the Synaxarion:

This Saint had Rome as his homeland. Having been orphaned of his father from childhood, he was taken by his mother Anthia to Anicetus, the Bishop of Rome (some call him Anencletus, or Anacletus), by whom he was instructed in the sacred letters (that is, the divine Scriptures). Though still very young in years, he was made Bishop of Illyricum by reason of his surpassing virtue, and by his teachings he converted many unbelievers to Christ. However, during a most harsh persecution that was raised against the Christians under Hadrian (reigned 117-138), the Saint was arrested by the tyrants. Enduring many torments for Christ, he was finally put to death by two soldiers about the year 126. As for his Christ-loving mother Anthia, while embracing the remains of her son and kissing them with maternal affection, she was also beheaded.

Epistle Reading

The reading is from St. Paul's Second Letter to Timothy 1:8-18

TIMOTHY, my son, do not be ashamed then of testifying to our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel in the power of God, who saved us and called us with a holy calling, not in virtue of our works but in virtue of his own purpose and the grace which he gave us in Christ Jesus ages ago, and now has manifested through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. For this gospel I was appointed a preacher and apostle and teacher, and therefore I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am sure that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. Follow the pattern of the sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus; guard the truth that has been entrusted to you by the Holy Spirit who dwells within us.

You are aware that all who are in Asia turned away from me, and among them Phygelos and Hermogenes. May the Lord grant mercy to the household of Onesiphoros, for he often refreshed me; he was not ashamed of my chains, but when he arrived in Rome he searched for me eagerly and found me - �may the Lord grant him to find mercy from the Lord on that Day and you well know all the service he rendered at Ephesos.

Gospel Reading

The reading is from Mark 2:23-28; 3:1-5

At that time, Jesus was going through the grainfields; and as they made their way his disciples began to pluck heads of grain. �And the Pharisees said to him, "Look, why are they doing what is not lawful on the sabbath?" �And he said to them, "Have you never read what David did, when he was in need and was hungry, he and those who were with him: how he entered the house of God, when Abiathar was high priest, and ate the bread of the Presence, which it is not lawful for any but the priests to eat, and also gave it to those who were with him?" �And he said to them, "The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath; so the Son of man is lord even of the sabbath."

Again he entered the synagogue, and a man was there who had a withered hand. �And they watched him, to see whether he would heal him on the sabbath, so that they might accuse him. �And he said to the man who had the withered hand, "Come here." �And he said to them, "Is it lawful on the sabbath to do good or to do harm, to save life or to kill?" �But they were silent. �And he looked around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, and said to the man, "Stretch it out," and his hand was restored

J
J
11th Sunday of Luke

On the Sunday that occurs on or immediately after the eleventh of this month, we commemorate Christ's forefathers according to the flesh, both those that came before the Law, and those that lived after the giving of the Law.

Special commemoration is made of the Patriarch Abraham, to whom the promise was first given, when God said to him, "In thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed" (Gen. 22:18). �This promise was given some two thousand years before Christ, when Abraham was seventy-five years of age. �God called him and commanded him to forsake his country, parents, and kinsmen, and to depart to the land of the Canaanites. �When he arrived there, God told him, "I will give this land to thy seed" (Gen. 12:7); for this cause, that land was called the "Promised Land," which later became the country of the Hebrew people, and which is also called Palestine by the historians. �There, after the passage of twenty-four years, Abraham received God's law concerning circumcision. �In the one hundredth year of his life, when Sarah was in her ninetieth year, they became the parents of Isaac. �Having lived 175 years altogether, he reposed in peace, a venerable elder full of days.

Resurrectional Apolytikion in the Third Tone
Let the heavens sing for joy, and let everything on earth be glad. * For with His Arm the Lord has worked power. * He trampled death under foot by means of death; * and He became the firstborn from the dead. * From the maw of Hades He delivered us; * and He granted the world His great mercy.

The Holy Prophet Aggaeus (Haggai)

The Prophet Aggaeus, whose name means "festive," was born in Babylon at the time of the captivity Of the Jews. He began to prophesy in Jerusalem after their return thereto, and to admonish the people to rebuild the Temple, in the days of Zorobabel, the second year of the reign of Darius Hystaspes, King of Persia, about the year 520 before Christ. His prophecy, divided into two chapters, is ranked tenth among the minor Prophets.

Orthros Gospel Reading

The reading is from Luke 24:36-53

At that time, Jesus, having risen from the dead, stood in the midst of his disciples and said to them, "Peace to you." But they were startled and frightened, and supposed that they saw a spirit. And he said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do questionings rise in your hearts? See my hands and feet, that it is I myself; handle me, and see; for a spirit has not flesh and bones as you see that I have." And when he said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they still disbelieved for joy, and wondered, he said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?" They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate before them.

Then he said to them, "These are my words which I spoke to you, while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the law of Moses and the prophets and the psalms must be fulfilled. Then he opened their minds to understand the scriptures, and said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be preached in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. And behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you; but stay in the city, until you are clothed with power from on high."

Then he led them out as far as Bethany, and lifting up his hands, he blessed them. While he blessed them, he parted from them, and was carried up into heaven. And they worshiped him, and they returned to Jerusalem with great joy, and were continually in the temple blessing God.

Epistle Reading

The reading is from St. Paul's Letter to the Colossians 3:4-11

BRETHREN, when Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: fornication, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. On account of these the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience. In these you once walked, when you lived in them. But now put them all away; anger, wrath, malice, slander, and foul talk from your mouth. Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old nature with its practices and have put on the new nature, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator. Here there cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free man, but Christ is all, and in all.

Gospel Reading

The reading is from Luke 14:16-24; Matthew 22:14

The Lord said this parable: "A man once gave a great banquet, and invited many; and at the time of the banquet he sent his servant to say to those who had been invited, 'Come; for all is now ready.' But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said to him, 'I have bought a field, and I go out and see it; I pray you, have me excused.' And another said, 'I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I must go to examine them; I pray you, have me excused.' And another said, 'I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.' So the servant came and reported this to his master. Then the householder in anger said to his servant, 'Go out quickly to the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in the poor and maimed and blind and lame.' And the servant said, 'Sir, what you commanded has been done, and there is still room.' And the master said to the servant, 'Go out to the highways and hedges, and compel people to come in, that my house may be filled. For I tell you, none of those m
en who were invited shall taste my banquet. For many are called, but few are chosen.'"

A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
2 Timothy 1:7 (NLT)
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

God has armed us against the spirit of fear by often speaking to us not to fear. "Fear not the face of man; fear not the dangers you may meet with in the way of your duty.�� God has delivered us from the spirit of fear, and has given us the spirit of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. The spirit of power, or of courage and resolution to encounter difficulties and dangers;�the spirit of love to God, which will carry us through the opposition we may meet with, as Jacob made nothing of the hard service he was to endure for Rachel: the spirit of love to God will set us above the fear of man and all the hurt that a man can do us;�and the spirit of a sound mind or quietness of mind, a peaceable enjoyment of ourselves, for we are oftentimes discouraged in our way and work by the creatures of our own fancy and imagination, which a sober, solid, thinking mind would remove and would easily answer. 2. The spirit God gives to his ministers is not a fearful, but a courageous spirit; it is a spirit of power, for they speak in his name who has all power, both in heaven and earth; and it is a spirit of love, for love to God and the souls of men must inflame ministers in all their service; and it is a spirit of a sound mind, for they speak the words of truth and soberness.

God encourages us to keep a sound mind and not give into fear. I know there are many shaken by the events of last week. The Sandy Hook Elementary School will without question be remembered for a long time, but we must not allow the fear that was generated by the incident control our lives.

An NPR report this year stated, �School violence in the U.S. reached a peak in 1993, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. That year, there were 34 homicides by students and 13 �serious violent crimes� � rape, sexual assault, robbery and aggravated assault � per 1,000 students at primary and secondary schools. By 2010, the latest figures available, those numbers had decreased to two homicides and four violent crimes per 1,000 students.� [Violence In Schools: How Big A Problem Is It? by Scott Neuman, March 16, 2012]

Obviously the Sandy Hook Elementary School incident is an event out of the norm. I know many of us have shed a tear and felt compassion for those affected by this horrific incident. Some may want to make drastic and immediate changes and while changes may be needed let�s make sure we do them with a sound mind and not out of raging emotions.

Journalists cover people in trauma; they experience trauma and fear and even generate fear in others. We have to remember many of the reports we heard were inaccurate because of the heightened stress. At times we didn�t know who had been shot or even who the shooter was. This story will take weeks to unfold. You will hear many sad stories. Pay attention to your own emotions. Be honest with yourself and others. When it is time to take a break, talk to somebody about your experiences. Remember what an airplane stewardess tells you -- If you do not have your mask on, you cannot help anybody else. If you are fearful it will be hard to reassure and put others at ease. So please take care of yourself and know God had given you power, love and self-discipline to see yourself and others through troubled times.

God be with those who have suffered. God comfort the afflicted. God give hope and reassurance. God protect. God we pray for those who seek to do us harm that you would intervene. Let your power fill our hearts and souls that we can face fear and not let it defeat us. Amen

AskMe #2691215 12/18/12 07:25 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Acts 15:36-41 (NLT)
36 Then after some days Paul said to Barnabas, �Let us now go back and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they are doing.� 37 Now Barnabas was determined to take with them John called Mark. 38 But Paul insisted that they should not take with them the one who had departed from them in Pamphylia, and had not gone with them to the work. 39 Then the contention became so sharp that they parted from one another. And so Barnabas took Mark and sailed to Cyprus; 40 but Paul chose Silas and departed, being commended by the brethren to the grace of God. 41 And he went through Syria and Cilicia, strengthening the churches.

These verses are about s second expedition designed by Paul and Barnabas to preach to the Gentiles, in which they quarrelled about their assistant, John Mark, and separated upon it, one steering one course and the other another.

"Barnabas" was actually his nickname, given him by the apostles. It meant "Son of Encouragement," and it was most appropriate. He was actually born Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus. He was probably one of many Jews became one of the earliest converts to Christianity. Unlike most Christians, Barnabas believed Paul's conversion story, and he smoothed the way for the former persecutor to be accepted by the Jerusalem church. In 48, Barnabas set off with his cousin Mark and Paul to evangelize cities in Asia Minor. Though Mark deserted the party early on, Barnabas and Paul preached, performed miracles, and endured persecution together. One early tradition, recorded by Clement of Alexandria, says Barnabas worked briefly with Jesus, being one of the 70 sent out to evangelize Palestine. Another tradition says he preached in Alexandria and Rome after leaving Paul, founded the church on Cyprus, and was finally stoned and then burned to death in about 61 in Syria.

Even among the best of friends sometimes disagreements arise. Barnabas had supported Paul�s claim of being converted to Christianity. Yet there came a time when Barnabas wanted to give his cousin John Mark an opportunity to travel with him and share the Good News of Christ. Yet for whatever reason Paul did not want John Mark to go and so to settle the dispute Paul set out on his own way.

Sometimes in life we have disputes and they need to be settles reasonably for we never know what the future holds. For in 2 Timothy 4:11 we find Paul saying the following, �Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is useful to me for ministry.� Paul along the way saw John Mark�s commitment to the Lord and even his commitment to Pau himself. Had Paul burned his bridges with John Mark he would have lost a committed worker and friend to him.

Lord please help put aside disputes with family and friends. Lord help us to understand how to love the way you love us. Lord protect us from saying things against one another and to be like Barnabas who was ready to speak up on behalf of others. Father I pray we turn our attention to loving one another as you commanded us to. I pray father we learn to work alongside each other instead of going our own way due to conflict. Let us see the hope of the future and how our friendships can benefit one another for the purpose of spreading your message.

I pray these things in the name of The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost.

AskMe #2691220 12/18/12 07:51 AM
C
C
Originally Posted by AskMe
God be with those who have suffered. God comfort the afflicted. God give hope and reassurance. God protect. God we pray for those who seek to do us harm that you would intervene. Let your power fill our hearts and souls that we can face fear and not let it defeat us. Amen

A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Mark 7:20-23(The Message)
20-23 He went on: �It�s what comes out of a person that pollutes: obscenities, lusts, thefts, murders, adulteries, greed, depravity, deceptive dealings, carousing, mean looks, slander, arrogance, foolishness�all these are vomit from the heart. There is the source of your pollution.�

The Pharisees�Jews in general, in fact�would never eat a meal without going through the motions of a ritual hand-washing, with an especially vigorous scrubbing if they had just come from the market not to mention the scouring they would give jugs and pots and pans that contained the food. When they observed Jesus and the disciples not being careful in following the ritualistic washings -- the Pharisees and religion scholars asked, �Why do your disciples flout the rules, showing up at meals without washing their hands?� The response of Jesus was the disciples focused on what was right and not what was for show. Then he told the people, �It�s not what goes into your body that defiles you; you are defiled by what comes from your heart.�

If a farmer doesn�t plant seeds, he will never harvest a crop. It doesn�t matter how weed-free his ground is; he must also plant and cultivate good seed. In the same way, we can only reap a harvest of purity and integrity by planting the good seed of God�s Word into our lives. I�m not talking about merely reading the Bible. I�m talking about allowing the Holy Spirit to plant the truths of Scripture deep into our hearts and minds through consistent Bible reading and memorization, meditation and prayer. To be effective, and to remain pure, truth must be planted in our hearts daily. [Gary Oliver, clinical director of Southwest Counseling Associates in Denver.]

Jesus told us where evil comes from -- it comes out of our own sinful nature. If the seeds of righteous are not planted within us then we are prone to all the things Jesus mentioned in verses 20-23 of Mark 7. I believed America and many other places in the world are not tending their fields. We have allowed our country to be overrun by the weeds of evil instead of keeping a clean field filled with the harvest of righteousness. These evils are now vomiting out of people in mean, cruel and hateful acts.

There is a way to clean up our fields and that is to let The Lord into our lives and allow Him to show us what is right and wrong. We need to have a close relationship with Him. We need to keep His word, the scriptures of The Bible, inside of us so we know what to do when the time comes. We also need His word within us to calm, comfort, and provide peace.

I was thankful to President Obama for praying for our country last week. I appreciate the words he spoke saying, �you're not alone in your grief, that our world too has been torn apart � that all across this land of ours, we have wept with you." I am also thankful for when The President prayed in Aurora saying, �Such evil is senseless. It's beyond reason.� He also said, �"What matters at the end of the day is not the small things, it's not the trivial things, which so often consume us in our daily lives. Ultimately it�s how we choose to treat one another and how we love one another,"

Dear heavenly Father, I pray as a nation we would examine ourselves and weed out the sinful problems in ourselves. I pray we would put away violence, hatred, greed, depravity, deception, slander, bullying, murder and all other acts of evil. Father bring healing to this nation and fill it with abounding love for one another. May the acts of violence end and the fruits of love prosper.

AskMe #2691671 12/20/12 08:04 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
1 John 5:5 (NLT)
5 And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

The world represents sin and it is the world that lies in our way to heaven and is a great impediment to many. But he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God and believes that Jesus came from God to be the Savior of the world and commits their life by repentance of their sin cannot be held back by this world. Christ has already won the battle over sin and we must stand firm with Christ in order to stand firm against the world.

It is hard for younger people to imagine (and getting harder for many of us older ones to remember) the conditions under which many African Americans lived throughout the South just over 40 years ago. Segregation, lynchings, African American churches and homes firebombed. Jim Crow laws even prevented "colored people" from attending the circus and playing pool with whites.

Yet civil rights leaders painfully, persistently, and peacefully protested the injustice of segregation. In doing so, they often broke segregation laws. All too often, protesters reaped a reward of fire hoses, police dogs and incarceration. [Civility Under Fire: Chuck Colson & Timothy George Revive MLK's Legacy]

I admire Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. for his work to seek civil rights on the behalf of all people. Dr. King had reason, facts, understanding, justice and most importantly The Gospel on his side. Dr. King battled the world reminding others what Augustine said, "An unjust law is no law at all." People may have thought they enacted laws for the good of the people when they actually enacted laws for their own selfish reasons.

Keep this in mind, we first must trust God and place our faith in His Son Jesus. Then we must allow Jesus to direct our hearts to take up for just causes; and not take up for causes just because we want them. We need to ensure what we do is right for all people without taking away rights unjustly.

Heavenly Father we pray for the world, our nation, our cities, and our homes. Father we ask that you would protect us from the sins of the world. We pray Your safety would abide with us. We pray that we would stand up for just causes that You Father would approve of. Keep us from the temptations of the world and deliver us from the evil that would try to consume our lives. Father let us all live together in peace and harmony. In the precious name of Jesus, Amen.

AskMe #2692004 12/21/12 07:49 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Revelation 1:9-11 (NIV)
9 I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. 10 On the Lord�s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, 11 which said: �Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.�

The Lord used John, a disciple of Jesus, to send some important messages to the churches that existed in various cities. These messages were important for they told the churches what they were doing right and most importantly what they were doing wrong. Jesus wanted to keep these churches on solid ground for they would be the light shining to the world illuminate the purpose of why Jesus died.

This morning The Pope sent this message to the world through Twitter, �At the end of the year, we pray that the Church, despite her shortcomings, may be increasingly recognizable as Christ�s dwelling place.� The Pope in his message acknowledged The Church is not perfect -- for it is filled with imperfect people. But the church does represent one who was and is perfect -- that is Jesus Christ. No other man lived a perfect life as Jesus did. It was because of His love for The Church that He freely gave His life so that all who believe in Him and repents from their sin will live an eternal life with Him in heaven. This is the church Jesus created and it is this church that shows others how they can also know Jesus and also experience the wonderful gift Jesus has for them.

Christmas is one of the times we remember Jesus because of His birth. Let us all ensure we give credit to our savior by giving Him the honor he is due. Some may say Happy Holidays, but I say to them Merry Christmas. I want them to know I am celebrating the birth of my savior who I love dearly because He gave his life for me.

There are many who will stand before God one day and God may ask this simple question, �Why should I let you into my Kingdom of Heaven?� Are you prepared for that question? I pray you know this � Jesus Christ lived a sinless life. Jesus Christ freely died on a Roman Cross as a sacrifice for sin. Jesus rose back to life defeating death and took His rightful place as King of all kings in heaven and here on earth. For those who truly believe in Jesus and are willing to repent of their sin and acknowledge Jesus as Lord and Savior -- Jesus will be your advocate. For Jesus is the propitiation of sin who speaks up on our behalf and says, �This child is one of mine. They are an adopted brother or sister into the kingdom of heaven; therefore they belong here with us.� Knowing Jesus is taking up for you the answer should be obvious, �It is because of Jesus I am here and because of Jesus I can ask to enter heaven.�

Heavenly Father there are so many who do not understand or know your love, grace and mercy. Father you want to free people from sin and give them new and exciting lives. I pray Father these people would turn their lives over to you. I know it scary giving up control to another, but you Lord are perfect in every way and watch out after us as one of your children. Father let everyone experience your mercy, grace and love. Let them know the true Jesus and let them experience His grace mercy and love. Amen

Note this time of year I take off from writing to reflect on the Lord and enjoy time with my family. God bless each of you. Have a safe and Merry Christmas and I will resume writing after the first of the year.

AskMe #2692740 12/25/12 08:32 AM
J
J
The Nativity of Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ

The incomprehensible and inexplicable Nativity of Christ came to pass when Herod the Great was reigning in Judea; the latter was an Ascalonite on his fathers's side and an Idumean on his mother's. He was in every way foreign to the royal line of David; rather, he had received his authority from the Roman emperors, and had ruled tyrannically over the Jewish people for some thirty-three years. The tribe of Judah, which had reigned of old, was deprived of its rights and stripped of all rule and authority. Such was the condition of the Jews when the awaited Messiah was born, and truly thus was fulfilled the prophecy which the Patriarch Jacob had spoken 1,807 years before: "A ruler shall not fail from Judah, nor a prince from his loins, until there come the things stored up for him; and he is the expectation of the nations" (Gen.49:10).

Thus, our Saviour was born in Bethlehem, a city of Judea, whither Joseph had come from Nazareth of Galilee, taking Mary his betrothed, who was great with child, that, according to the decree issued in those days by the Emperor Augustus, they might be registered in the census of those subject to Rome. Therefore, when the time came for the Virgin to give birth, and since because of the great multitude there was no place in the inn, the Virgin's circumstace constrained them to enter a cave which was near Bethlehem. Having as shelter a stable of irrational beasts, she gave birth there, and swaddled the Infant and laid Him in the manger (Luke 2:1-7). From this, the tradition has come down to us that when Christ was born He lay between two animals, an ox and an [censored], that the words of the Prophets might be fulfilled: "Between two living creatures shalt Thou be known" (Abbacum 3:2), and "The ox knoweth his owner and the [censored] his master's crib" (Esaias 1: 3).

But while the earth gave the new-born Saviour such a humble reception, Heaven on high celebrated majestically His world-saving coming. A wondrous star, shining with uncommon brightness and following a strange course, led Magi from the East to Bethlehem to worship the new-born King. Certain shepherds who were in the area of Bethlehem, who kept watch while tending their sheep, were suddenly surrounded by an extraordinary light, and they saw before them an Angel who proclaimed to them the good tidings of the Lord's joyous Nativity. And straightway, together with this Angel, they beheld and heard a whole host of the Heavenly Powers praising God and saying: "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will towards men" (Luke 2:8-14).

Orthros Gospel Reading

The reading is from Matthew 1:18-25

Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child of the Holy Spirit; and her husband Joseph, being a just man and unwilling to put her to shame, resolved to divorce her quietly. But as he considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit; she will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins." All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet: "Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and his name shall be called Emmanuel" (which means, God with us). When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him; he took his wife, but knew her not until she had borne a son; and he called his name Jesus.

Epistle Reading

The reading is from St. Paul's Letter to the Galatians 4:4-7

BRETHREN, when the time had fully come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" So you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son then also an heir of God through Christ.

Gospel Reading

The reading is from Matthew 2:1-12

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, saying, "Where is he who has been born king of the Jews? For we have seen his star in the East, and have come to worship him." When Herod the king heard this, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him; and assembling all the chief priests and scribes of the people, he inquired of them where the Christ was to be born. They told him, "In Bethlehem of Judea; for so it is written by the prophet: 'And you, O Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for from you shall come a ruler who will govern my people Israel.'"

Then Herod summoned the wise men secretly and ascertained from them what time the star appeared; and he sent them to Bethlehem, saying, "Go and search diligently for the child, and when you have found him bring me word, that I too may come and worship him." When they had heard the king they went their way; and lo the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came to rest over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy; and going into the house they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh. And being warned in a dream not to return to Herod, they departed to their own country by another way.

J
J
Synaxis of the Holy Theotokos

This Synaxis - which is to say, our coming together to glorify the Theotokos - is celebrated especially in her honour because she gave birth supernaturally to the Son and Word Of God, and thus became the instrument of the salvation of mankind.

Epistle Reading

The reading is from St. Paul's Letter to the Hebrews 2:11-18

BRETHREN, he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified have all one origin. That is why he is not ashamed to call them brethren, saying, "I will proclaim thy name to my brethren, in the midst of the congregation I will praise thee." And again, "I will put my trust in him." And again, "Here am I, and the children God has given me. Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same nature, that through death he might destroy him who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong bondage. For surely it is not with angels that he is concerned but with the descendants of Abraham. Therefore he had to be made like his brethren in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make expiation for the sins of the people. For because he himself has suffered and been tempted, he is able to help those who are tempted.

Gospel Reading

The reading is from Matthew 2:13-23

When the wise men departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Rise, take the child and his mother, and flee to Egypt, and remain there till I tell you; for Herod is about to search for the child, to destroy him." And he rose and took the child and his mother by night, and departed to Egypt, and remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, "Out of Egypt have I called my son."

Then Herod, when he saw that he had been tricked by the wise men, was in a furious rage, and he sent and killed all the male children in Bethlehem and in all that region who were two years old or under, according to the time which he had ascertained from the wise men. Then was fulfilled what was spoken by the prophet Jeremiah: "A voice was heard in Ramah, wailing and loud lamentation, Rachel weeping for her children; she refused to be consoled, because they were no more." But when Herod died, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, saying, "Rise, take the child and his mother, and go to the land of Israel, for those who sought the child's life are dead." And he rose and took the child and his mother, and went to the land of Israel. But when he heard that Archelaos reigned over Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there, and being warned in a dream he withdrew to the district of Galilee. And he went and dwelt in a city called Naz
areth, that what was spoken by the prophets might be fulfilled, "He shall be called a Nazarene."

Learn more by visiting the Online Chapel at: http://onlinechapel.goarch.org

J
J
Stephen, Archdeacon & First Martyr

Saint Stephen was a Jew, by race, and, as some say, a disciple of Gamaliel, the teacher of the Law mentioned in Acts 5:34 and 22:3. He was the first of the seven deacons whom the Apostles established in Jerusalem to care for the poor, and to distribute alms to them. Being a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, he performed great signs and wonders among the people. While disputing with the Jews concerning Jesus, and wisely refuting their every contradiction, so that no one was able to withstand the wisdom and the spirit whereby he spake, he was slandered as a blasphemer and was dragged off to the Sanhedrin of the elders. There with boldness he proved from the divine Scriptures the coming of the Just One (Jesus), of Whom they had become the betrayers and murderers, and he reproved their faithless and hardheartedness. And finally, gazing into Heaven and beholding the divine glory, he said: "Lo, I see the Heavens opened and the Son of man standing at the right hand of God."
But when they heard this, they stopped up their ears, and with anger cast him out of the city and stoned him, while he was calling out and saying, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." Then, imitating the long-suffering of the Master, he bent his knees and prayed in a loud voice for them that were stoning him, and he said, "Lord, lay not this sin to their charge," And saying this, he fell asleep (Acts 6, 7), thus becoming the first among the Martyrs of the Church of Christ.

Epistle Reading

The reading is from Acts of the Apostles 6:8-15; 7:1-5, 47-60

IN THOSE DAYS, Stephen, full of grace and power, did great wonders and signs among the people. Then some of those who belonged to the synagogue of the Freedmen (as it was called), and of the Cyrenians, and of the Alexandrians, and of those from Cilicia and Asia, arose and disputed with Stephen. But they could not withstand the wisdom and the Spirit with which he spoke. Then they secretly instigated men, who said, "We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses and God." And they stirred up the people and the elders and the scribes, and they came upon him and seized him and brought him before the council, and set up false witnesses who said, "This man never ceases to speak words against this holy place and the law; for we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place, and will change the customs which Moses delivered to us." And gazing at him, all who sat in the council saw that his face was like the face of an angel.

And the high priest said, "Is this so?" And Stephen said: "Brethren and fathers, hear me. The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran, and said to him, 'Depart from your land and from your kindred and go into the land which I will show you.' Then he departed from the land of the Chaldeans, and lived in Haran. And after his father died, God removed him from there into this land in which you are now living; yet he gave him no inheritance in it, not even a foot's length, but promised to give it to him in possession and to his posterity after him, though he had no child.

"But it was Solomon who built a house for him. Yet the Most High does not dwell in houses made with hands; as the prophet says, 'Heaven is my throne, and earth my footstool. What house will you build for me, says the Lord, or what is the place of my rest? Did not my hand make all these things?'

"You stiff-necked people, uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit. As your fathers did, so do you. Which of the prophets did not your fathers persecute? And they killed those who announced beforehand the coming of the Righteous One, whom you have now betrayed and murdered, you who received the law as delivered by angels and did not keep it."

Now when they heard these things they were enraged, and they ground their teeth against him. But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; and he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing at the right hand of God." But they cried out with a loud voice and stopped their ears and rushed together upon him. Then they cast him out of the city and stoned him; and the witnesses laid down their garments at the feet of a young man named Saul. And as they were stoning Stephen, he prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." And he knelt down and cried with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

J
J
20,000 Martyrs burned in Nicomedia

All these Saints, some 20,000 in number, were burned alive in the year 303, while they were gathered in church. This came to pass during the reign of Diocletian and Maximian. According to the Synaxarion, this took place on the day of Christ's Nativity. Eusebius (Eccl. Hist. VIII, 6) says that, of the Christians then living in Nicomedia, all were slain by imperial decree - some by the sword, and others by fire, and that, because of their divine and inexpressible ardour, both men and women cast themselves into the fire. Besides those burned in church. the following, who were slain in the same Persecution, are commemorated today. Indus, Gorgonius, and Peter were cast into the sea; Glycerius the Presbyter and Mardonius were burned; Dorotheus the Prefect and Zeno were beheaded; Theophilus the Deacon was stoned; Mygdonius was buried alive; and Domna, who had been a priestess of the idols, believed in Christ, and was baptized, was beheaded and cast into the fire. See also the accoun
t of Saint Anthimus on September 3.

Gospel Reading

The reading is from Mark 12:1-12

The Lord said this parable, "A man planted a vineyard, and set a hedge around it, and dug a pit for the wine press, and built a tower, and let it out to tenants, and went into another country. When the time came, he sent a servant to the tenants, to get from them some of the fruit of the vineyard. And they took him and beat him, and sent him away empty handed. Again he sent to them another servant, and they wounded him in the head, and treated him shamefully. And he sent another, and him they killed; and so with many others, some they beat and some they killed. He had still one other, a beloved son; finally he sent him to them, saying, 'They will respect my son.' But those tenants said to one another, 'This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.' And they took him and killed him, and cast him out of the vineyard. What will the owner of the vineyard do? He will come and destroy the tenants, and give the vineyard to others. Have you not read this
scripture: 'The very stone which the builders rejected has become the head of the corner; this was the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes'?" And they tried to arrest him, but feared the multitude, for they perceived that he had told the parable against them; so they left him and went away.

J
J

Circumcision of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

Since the Mosaic Law commands that if a woman give birth to a male child, he should be circumcised in the foreskin of his flesh on the eighth day (Lev. 12:2-3), on this, the eighth day from His Nativity, our Saviour accepted the circumcision commanded by the Law. According to the command of the Angel, He received the Name which is above every name: JESUS, which means "Saviour" (Matt. 1:21; Luke 1:31 and 2:21).

Orthros Gospel Reading

The reading is from John 10:1-9

The Lord said to the Jews who had come to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber; but he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the gatekeeper opens; the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers." This figure Jesus used with them, but they did not understand what he was saying to them. So Jesus again said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and robbers; but the sheep did not heed them. I am the door; if any one enters by me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture."

Epistle Reading

The reading is from St. Paul's Letter to the Colossians 2:8-12

BRETHREN, see to it that no one makes a prey of you by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the universe, and not according to Christ. For in him the whole fulness of deity dwells bodily, and you have come to fulness of life in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of flesh in the circumcision of Christ; and you were buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Happy New Year dear friends!!

Psalm 116:12 How can I repay the LORD for all his goodness to me? -- The Lord has done many great things for us and will continue to show His kindness in 2013.

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength. -- The Lord has enabled us to do many things, so things which we may have thought impossible. The Lord will continue to give you strength to see you through each temptation and trial that comes towards you in the New Year.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! -- Another year is gone and so are the former things of who we were. Christ continues to make us a new person giving us life to live in a new and exciting way.

Psalm 20:4 May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. -- God wants you to prosper in your life so that all good things might succeed. Follow God's heart so the desires of your heart would be fulfilled.

Lamentations 3: 22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." � God�s compassions is new for us every morning so that every day in the year ahead we can find new mercies and grace.

Psalm 51: 10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. � May our desire for this year be one to have a heart that is pure and loves others through all circumstances. Let us put aside petty indifferences and love one another.

Ezekiel 36: 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. � God has and God will continue to cleanse us from the things in our life that cause us to be removed from Him. God wants to draw us closer to Him. May this be a year where God is next to your heart.

Jeremiah 29: 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. � The Lord Himself says He has plans to prosper us. Still close to the Lord�s plans and we will find the plans of prosperity in the New Year!

Proverbs 16: 3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. � Our commitment should first be to The Lord and then whatever follows we will have success. For when our hearts are right with God�s there are many blessings to be found.

Proverbs 19: 21 Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. � In the New Year avoid the evil purposes that may come from your heart by letting God show you what is right and wrong.

2 Timothy 2: 22 Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. � In the past evil desires have hindered us. For this New Year seek out righteousness, faith love and peace.

Romans 12: 1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship. 2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will. � Allow God�s good and perfect will to work in your lives this year and every year afterwards. May The Lord change you and commit you to a good purpose in life.

1 Chronicles 16: 34 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. � Remember The Lord throughout the year and give praise to Him for His goodness and kindness to you and those around you.

Psalm 23: 6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. � King David knew each year would be filled with Love as he followed God. Know God�s love is always with you and when you follow God the love of many others is also with you!

Proverbs 3: 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.�Keep God in mind all during the year. Trust what God tells you to do throughout the year.

Romans 8: 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. � Because God loves us we have many good things to look forward too! I pray you find each of those treasures God has in store for you.

Philippians 4: 8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. � Let us each encourage one another to do what is noble, right pure, loving, and admirable.

1 Peter 3: 15 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. � The Lord has put in our hearts the hope of ever lasting life. Live knowing this earthly life may be short but we have an eternal life ahead and what we do today will have an impact on those who will be with us for eternity.

Hebrews 10: 23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. � Whenever you feel life is getting you down in the New Year hold on for God is faithful in his promises to us.

Isaiah:64 3 For when you did awesome things that we did not expect, you came down, and the mountains trembled before you. 4 Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him. � There are awesome things yet to be done, but wait on The Lord to lead you for He is the originator of all good things.

Have a wonderfully blessed New Year my friends, brothers and sisters in Christ and those I love. May God show you life can be lived with joy, hope, peace and love. May love abound greatly in each of your hearts. I love you my friends �Happy New Year!

Page 61 of 103 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 102 103

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 986 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy, Ingrid Guerci, Wifey02
71,826 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation