Ecclesiastes 11:5 (NIV)
5 As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother�s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.
There are many things in life we do not understand. We keep exploring, learning, teaching others and even find out at times our conclusions were all wrong. We cannot understand the simple things as the manner in which direction the wind will blow or the more difficult subject as to how a child develops in the womb. How then can we understand the wonderful and marvelous powers and wisdom of God?
Robinson Meyer writes in �What Happens in One Minute Around the World - A minute is a funny amount of time. It's long enough to notice, but it's too short to do much of anything with. There are only about five hundred thousand of them in a year. But when you add all of humanity together, a lot starts to happen in that lowly minute. Consider what happens before the second hand of a clock completes one rotation:
- 25 Americans will get a passport, according to the U.S. Department of State.
- 58 airplanes will take off around the world, according to the International Air Traffic Association.
- 116 people will get married, according to data from the United Nations.
- 144 people will move to a new home, according to Gallup.
- 11,319 packages will be delivered by UPS.
- 243,000 photos will be uploaded to Facebook.
- 5,441,400 pounds of garbage will be created, according to the World Bank.
- 7,150,000,000 human hearts (according to the United States Census Bureau) will beat �
- 500,000,000 times, according to the American Heart Association, as their bodies create
- 858,282,240,000,000,000 new red blood cells, according to the National Institutes of Health.
Yes, a lot can happen in a minute and most of us will never understand the implications of the things that take place in that minute. For instance how many accidents could have been avoid if just one thing different had taken place. How many marriages might have never been if two people had been at different places? How many packages might not have been delivered on time if an airport was closed due to back weather?
There are many things we don�t know and we don�t understand, but we can count on a God who does know and who does understand. Let us give praise to God for being in control and knowing the outcome of our lives.