Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
heenie Offline OP
OP Offline
H
since d-day=4-20-02, my H and i have not had intercourse. the day or 2 after d-day i told him to get an STD test, because we had made love before i found out the A. he told me he didn't think it was neccessary because he was always protected, but that he would get one. we have done other sexual things but no oral on my part and no intercourse(more than you wanted to know [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] ) the other night i said "i don't understand- all you have to do is get a test and we could make love again. i have plenty other better reasons not to give you that part of me again yet but i love you and want you to have that. so just go get tested!" he said he wants to make love too and he doesn't want to get tested just to "get some" from me. <p>while all that is nice i don't understand why he won't do this for me and us. is it guilt or a feeling of not deserving or what?<p>any thoughts from WS or BS who have been through this??<p>m=5 yrs
d-day=4-20-02
son=4, daughter=due in june

S
S
My H swore he always wore protection. I told him I found it hard to believe that after a yr & a half he was still wearing protection. Still he swore he did. I told him I can't trust what you say because you lied for so long. In one of the books I read (I believe it was Surviving Infidelity) it stated how condoms are not 100% effective against std's and how some std's do not have symtoms. I read this to him and he agreed to be tested.<p>Maybe if you explain how even though he wore protection it doesn't guarantee anything. The best course of action would be to be tested not just for yo but for him as well. <p>I think with my H it was the shame he felt. He was embrassed having to be tested.<p>sty

C
C
Have YOU been tested? If not, do that right away. Any contact involving mucous membrane is enough to transmit.<p>My H, too, swore he was "clean", that he used condoms every single time. Well, he never used condoms when OUR R began, so I didn't believe him. For me, being tested was part of the agreement for moving back into the home, but he STILL balked. I made the appointment, I told him where it was and at what time, and that I would be there and if he wasn't, that would tell me exactly where our R was, and I would follow through accordingly. He showed up.<p>A week later when we were to go to the doctor for the results, he balked yet again--not enough time, had to work, etc. I said, "I know that you found time in your busy schedule to dally with the OW. If you cannot find time in your busy schedule to do what is necessary to make love to your W, then that tells me a whole lot about your priorities. Thank you for that information." He came with me.<p>We both had Chlamydia--yes, even Mr. "I KNOW I'm clean"! I was the only one with symptoms, and they were so mild, I just thought it was from sweating in the summer heat. So, I had gone MONTHS with a disease that causes infertility and who knows what else without ever knowing it.<p>I had no embarrassment at all. *I* didn't do anything wrong. Not being tested would have been doing something wrong. My H, on the other hand, was VERY embarrassed, as he should have been--he exposed his W to STDs, for heaven's sake! Too bad, it's part of the cost of doing business with an OW and then wanting to be with your W again.<p>Has he agreed to all the extraordinary precautions to ensure no contact with the OW? If not, maybe he's still seeing her. He could be afraid they'll find something, and his lie about condoms will be exposed, as my H's was.<p>It could be any number of things, but if it is mandatory to you, then I'd do what I did. Make the appointment, let him know about it, and go yourself. If he shows up and gets tested, fine. If he doesn't and your test results reveal an STD, then you know where you got it from. And also, if he doesn't, even if your results are negative, you know you still need to protect yourself until he is tested.<p>Having STD tests is basic Recovery From Infidelity 101. It is a given that if you have had multiple partners, you get tested. Period. If he refuses to cooperate with that, I'd find everything to do with him suspect. The very LEAST a WS should do is protect the BS from STDs. If he is not following through on that, then what else is he not protecting you from?

L
L
Could I ask you ladies a question, were all the affairs completely over before you had sex with your spouses? I look at my wife presently and even though I really want to make love to her, I can't. I think about her with the other man, about our sex life we had (I know she was happy with the sex part), and wham out the window goes any desire. I cannot share a relationship with her and another person, not even if it meant she would come home. She must decide for herself if she wants to make things work or not, then maybee someday our sex life will resume.

H
heenie Offline OP
OP Offline
H
yes i have a dr. appt. in 3 days and plan to get tested then. we have a counseling appt. tom. and i want to bring this issue up-maybe some hidden truths will come out. <p>yes the A was over when he told me about it and we had had sex 3 times before i knew. it sucks. i am nervous for the time when we do make love again-what and whom will he be thinking about, will i cry, can i even do it? i am not sure how we should make our first time together be. <p>lost in space-time will heal those thoughts, i still struggle on and off with them, but it has gotten easier. i asked my H a few ?'s about their sex and knowing made me be able to process through the hurt and visuals. i might even ask him more ?'s. he said our sex was OUR sex and that it was always good and that he really didn't have much to complain about in that area. that he didn't think of her when we were together in bed.(i don't know if that can be 100% true but it made me feel better)<p>good luck

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 235 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation