Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1003522 05/22/02 04:14 PM
G
OP Offline
G
I really don't visit this forum much anymore, but I wanted to stop by and offer a few words of encouragement to you all. I'm not going to bother anyone with my story, nor am I going to pretend to have answers to your questions and problems. But in the face of all of life's troubles, I do what you guys to know that recovery is possible. It's not easy, but it is possible. <p>After 6 months of Plan A, I was depressed, desperate and lonely. I made a big mistake and allowed myself to get FAR too close to someone who was not at all looking out for my best interests. It all backfired on me when my wife found out and I found out that she had not been in contact with the other man for several months. I had lost hope just when the fog was lifting and I have to live with that regret forever.<p>Am I saying to hang on indefinitely? Nope. I know how hard it is. Am I saying all marriages are reconcileable after an affair? Nope. But most are. My wife loves me. This I know beyond any doubt. I know it more today than I knew it on the day we married. I know we both made mistakes. And I know it is easy to resort to those same habits, but we are both working together now. It's an amazing feeling, going through life side-by-side rather than wandering in totally different directions. <p>I have hard days, but I also have a wife that loves me and will help me through them and try to understand just where we went wrong.<p>I most likely won't be checking for responses any time soon, so I apologize in advance if I don't get back to you. I just wanted to put in the good word and give an update to any veterans that might remember me.

#1003523 05/22/02 08:32 PM
F
F
Thanks for popping in GM!!<p>Especially with good news. It's always great to see the success stories.<p>We hope and pray that your marriage will continue to grow and blossom!!!<p> [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#1003524 05/22/02 10:26 PM
good to hear from you GM...<p>I get nostalgic when I see 'auld' familiar usernames [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] .<p>Hugs,
Cali

#1003525 05/27/02 01:22 PM
C
C
Thanks GM I am new here and wife is living with guy she says sex doesnt hurt now.OUCH. I know they have alot of fun walks talks coast trips bla bla bla. I have our three kids and god is doing miracles in our family, but at times it emotionally gets so hard I wantto quit and move on. she is so headstrong.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 766 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation