Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 342
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 342
Hi LHM & FHO -<p>Just checking in with you. H comes back from OW's city tonight. You can see my post for anything new, although I think you're already caught up on everything.<p>He wants to come by tonight to get his mail, etc. and it may be late. He says he'll call from the airport and if it's too late, I can put it on the porch for him. (his apt. is about 40 miles away from home and our house is on his way to apt from airport).<p>He asked me to do 2 things while he was away - find a therapist - DONE - got several referrals and he knows this and said to me on Friday that he would call his insurance company, etc. and make the appointment, etc. <p>The other was get information to a jazz concert on June 19th - DONE - tickets are $30 each and I'm pretty short on funds right now, so I'm thinking about suggesting we go "dutch" somehow. <p>I'm still a bit nervous about starting couples therapy. I honestly don't think he's ready - I know I'll just have to wait and see.<p>How were your first weeks of recovery and what transpired?<p>Llama Hhugs,
Llama

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,091
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,091
I'm not either of the ones you mentioned....but I had a couple of questions.<p>What makes you think that your H isn't ready for counseling?<p>Do you consider yourself and your H to be in recovery or on the road to recovery?

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 342
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 342
Hi Miss Priss!<p>Thanks for your questions. Well, my hubby is still in deep fog. He's careful about not surrounding himself with anyone who will say what he is doing is wrong. He says he wants to work on our marriage and at the same time he says something rude about his former therapist who he quit when she made a comment about his crazy purchases since our separation and like that----POOF----he's outta there!<p>So, I've decided that I'm committed to working on us and can't speak for him. I'm concerned that he still isn't ready to face his stuff and will get angry (one of his probs) and walk out. Mentally, I do need to prepare myself for that - cause it is realistic that it could happen. <p>Did that answer your question? As far as recovery? No, we're not in it yet. I think I'll be able to answer that after our first session with a therapist. <p>He gets in tonight late, his mom is picking him up from the airport and he says he wants to eat with her (aka wants to talk). So, this could be a good thing. <p>Tell me more about you.<p>Llama Hhugs!


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0